Deeply Disturbed and Aggravated due to invisible taunts!

I'm here to complain about the AI which seems to be insanely capable at outplaying even humans. The invisible taunts of which I have no proof but I'm 99.99% certain they are there, will cause the AI to ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS burst down my Tie advance! If I fail to stick the lock and cause my Biggs to taunt, which by the way happens alot lately, I'm automatically hit by the barrage and some times my tie advance dies which makes the battle easy to lose...

I'm far less botherd by the fact that enemy Trayas seem to love isolating my Nihilus, of which I'm also certain, unless there's a taunt, when ALWAYS picks Nihilus, but that's not as big as the fleet one. I'm losing tons of battles because my tie advance has a LEGITIMATE TAUNT over his head and that's just kittens!

Replies

• obz1ehptdmb9.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • It's actually very funny, I just got off an arena battle against Traya. All 5 of my characters available, she isolated Nihilus again LOL
  • So I'm assuming it's taunt> invisible taunt> no taunt then?
  • That's not a taunt, that's the AI mechanics. Put FO tie in your opening lineup and they'll ignore tie advanced. The AI isn't so stupid that it'll spread damage evenly between all of your characters.

I'm not a Traya expert but I believe there's a reason she likes to isolate nihilus.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Then why do they avoid imperial tie like hell? Why not burst him instead of tie advance
  • So you are complaining that the AI doesn't do random moves and actually try to win the battle?
  • That's not a taunt, that's the AI mechanics. Put FO tie in your opening lineup and they'll ignore tie advanced. The AI isn't so **** that it'll spread damage evenly between all of your characters.

I'm not a Traya expert but I believe there's a reason she likes to isolate nihilus.

Honestly I hadn't played many games vs AI before and I used to believe that the AI couldn't really get too smart. After playing other games lately I've come to the conclusion that if you put enough time into it, the AI could win 100% of the time. I mean they built a computer that beat Kasparov in chess so seriously it's not hard to figure out that you hit Advance and you Leave the dodgy, TM feeding one alone...
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    So you are complaining that the AI doesn't do random moves and actually try to win the battle?

It doesn't just try to win, it replicates a human, there's a reason we don't have real time PVP, this isn't a skill based game
  • Isn’t the AI programmed to target certain characters?
  • Isn’t the AI programmed to target certain characters?

That's not how it used to be...
  • I think people are getting the wrong impression here. So let me explain because I don't want people to think I'm looking for a dumb AI.

We have 3 types of characters/ships in the game: Tanks, Attackers and Supports. I'm fine with the AI avoiding tanks when not taunting and I'm fine with the AI prioritizing Attackers instead of supports, but when I'm running 2 attackers and the AI 100% of the time picks the one over the other then yes I do have a problem...
  • Traya always isolates Nilly. This is normal. Get a taunter. Oh, and one more thing...

j86z09eu0prg.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I think people are getting the wrong impression here. So let me explain because I don't want people to think I'm looking for a dumb AI.

We have 3 types of characters/ships in the game: Tanks, Attackers and Supports. I'm fine with the AI avoiding tanks when not taunting and I'm fine with the AI prioritizing Attackers instead of supports, but when I'm running 2 attackers and the AI 100% of the time picks the one over the other then yes I do have a problem...

The AI has always had elements of health and "healthiest" in its targeting, I'm sure there are other elements they put in there. TA could also have some other characteristic over the other attacker that is made to be the priority.

As far as DN is concerned, once any debuffs are out there he is basically guaranteed to be the healthiest, which I believe is how she targets.

It's not the AI being able to out play a person, it's just a series of decisions that maybe the human doesnt fully grasp.
  • Isolate targets either highest health character
    Or highest health plus protection
    Assuming no taunts
  • I cant remember which but because of nihilus' unique he always has the highest health or health plus protection
  • My guess is that the AI chooses between TIE and TIE Advance, but will not attack TIE because the dodge chance decreases the chance of knocking it out right away. Then, TIE Advance health is sufficiently low that the AI will permenantly target it even if they have ships that have unevadable attacks.
  • I think people are getting the wrong impression here. So let me explain because I don't want people to think I'm looking for a dumb AI.

But why is that a problem? Don’t you pick the same target pretty much every single time? The AI should try to do the same. I’ve actually spent time complaining because it usually doesn’t do this, and it’s targeting is pretty dumb. I guess I just can’t grasp why you are complaining about the computer making the correct decisions for once.
  • translation:
    Please don't program the AI to make better choices because then we won't be able to outplay the dumb AI.
    There's some merit to it if i'm being honest because the closer the "skill lvl" of the AI is to humancontrolled, the closer each match would be, wich in term leads to RNG playing a larger role in determining the outcome of the match.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    translation:
    Please don't program the AI to make better choices because then we won't be able to outplay the dumb AI.
    There's some merit to it if i'm being honest because the closer the "skill lvl" of the AI is to humancontrolled, the closer each match would be, wich in term leads to RNG playing a larger role in determining the outcome of the match.

Strategy should have the larger role not RNG and right now it's the other way around! I'm not talking about some major nerfs to the AI (we don't want it to be dumb as you said), but some little tweaks here and there will be appreciated.

Strategically it makes perfect sense to wreck the TIE-Advance. Its squishy, offers both utility and damage, is unevadable, and just almost univerally annoying. If we follow your first suggestion we'll turn it into more RNG.

• dimi4a wrote: »
    translation:

Strategy should have the larger role not RNG and right now it's the other way around! I'm not talking about some major nerfs to the AI (we don't want it to be dumb as you said), but some little tweaks here and there will be appreciated.

What i'm saying is that it's inevitable that battles become more RNG dependable if the teams are closer matched with eachother both teamwise and skillwise. This is most noticable in mirror matches, with happen alot in fleet. Direct counters are far more strategic and far less RNG dependent obviously, regardless of how well the AI performs.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    dimi4a wrote: »
    translation:

Strategically it makes perfect sense to wreck the TIE-Advance. Its squishy, offers both utility and damage, is unevadable, and just almost univerally annoying. If we follow your first suggestion we'll turn it into more RNG.

Actually not, tie is squishies than tie advance
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    dimi4a wrote: »
    translation:

Actually not, tie is squishies than tie advance

If you dont count the dodge chance. If you do it becomes very dangerous to attack it without having a advanatge.
  • Easy solution: spend $$ for HT and then it’ll gain TM when Vader is hit, allowing it to taunt before he’s dead.
    Or, if you’re FTP like me, level up your Vader better so he can survive until his turn, apply TL and then they have to hit Biggs.