Star Wars Resistance starts in a week

Replies

  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    Oscar Issacs is not even voicing Poe and the voice actor portraying him is terrible. That says a lot right there. The animation looks good though. Very Macross or Gundam Wing

    Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie are both reprising their roles.

    Interesting, when I pulled up the cast it listed Lex Lang as Poe and Major Vonreg.

    Oscar is listed on IMDB as Poe for 1 episode

    I didn’t pull up IMDb. I typed in a Google search Star Wars Resistance cast and saw Oscar was not listed. So I clicked another link which took me to Disney which still did not list any familiar names or faces other than Frodo Baggins. Now go put your cow prod away before Svenge - my brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo
    Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink" gives my sister an interspacial toothbrush to carve her initials into moose hide.
  • Seku wrote: »
    I hope end up getting the new characters revealed in this show! Can’t wait for the first episode :)

    I'd especially like to see Cardinal make an appearance. I enjoyed his character from the Phasma book.
  • Oscar Issacs is not even voicing Poe and the voice actor portraying him is terrible. That says a lot right there. The animation looks good though. Very Macross or Gundam Wing

    Actually oscar is voicing him.
  • Cal00054 wrote: »
    If rose is in the new show then yes I believe we will get a new rose this month.

    How evil am I that I would legitimately want this just to celebrate how ticked off this would make people?

    not evil, just sad :D
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    must be why you see her used everywhere...........wait, we dont do we? huh, strange
  • ScrawnyKid88
    70 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?
  • Nikoms565
    10417 posts Member
    Is it sad that I misunderstood the title and clicked, hoping "SW Resistance" was another mobile game put out by a different company that I would consider playing instead?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rose is an annoying farm simple as that, every new toon is seemingly Cantina Energy, Light/dark or guild currency with some ship energy sprinkled in.
    If she was GW or Cantina currency id farm her to 7* right away and likely gear up for the jtr option, but right now the light/dark energy is needed elsewhere long before it goes to her...

    As for the show they may wait to see how it does but odds are there are a few marquee toons lined up for it.
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?

    There’s no misrepresentation at all. Her character was trash, so was the movie. End of story.

    This is a fact. At least Rose’s sister did something useful
  • Nikoms565
    10417 posts Member
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?

    There’s no misrepresentation at all. Her character was trash, so was the movie. End of story.

    This is a fact. At least Rose’s sister did something useful

    Yes, let's ignore that she stopped Finn from leaving, was a key component in planning to knock out the tracking device, that it was her pendant that bought them the codebreaker and her that dragged Finn to safety when the "Supremacy" was split in half by Holdo's LS jump. And we should also apparently disregard that she saved Finn's life.

    Cool - I'm glad we're not letting prejudice or anything silly get in the way of facts.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    I hope we don't get any toons from this show - it looks awful, and I'm not going to watch it.
  • Rose is awesome. I have her Zetaed. While I wouldn’t recommend the majority of players to Zeta her, I heavily invested in Resistance teams so I have two full Resistance teams in TW. So I am def happy will two full teams.

    As far as you liking her or not, I could care less. Her kit is solid, not amazing but the Zeta allows her to spread Tenacity Up around and even better if she double taps her basic (because of the 10% TM gain). She has a unique stun gesture and she gives team defense up.
  • Nikoms565
    10417 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?

    There’s no misrepresentation at all. Her character was trash, so was the movie. End of story.

    This is a fact. At least Rose’s sister did something useful

    Yes, let's ignore that she stopped Finn from leaving, was a key component in planning to knock out the tracking device, that it was her pendant that bought them the codebreaker and her that dragged Finn to safety when the "Supremacy" was split in half by Holdo's LS jump. And we should also apparently disregard that she saved Finn's life.

    Cool - I'm glad we're not letting prejudice or anything silly get in the way of facts.

    That’s because Johnson was pushing the strong women crap and it was with all the female characters from leia floating in space to Rey beating Luke which would never happen. TLJ made all the male characters look weak, arrogant or treasonous. So there’s some facts for you.

    I'm sorry, what point are you trying to make? That Rose did nothing, or did too much? Try to stay with a consistent point of view. It makes the entire "logic" thing work much better for you.

    We get it, you hate Rose because she did nothing...and, apparently, too much.

    Honestly, I don't disagree with you on the point that the movie tried to cram the "empowered females help all the buffoon males" down everyone's collective throats. But you can't say that, then say Rose did nothing. Consistency in argumentation matters.

    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    2895 posts Member
    The hate and bile for new and different things amazes me. I just dont get it.

    I guess I am officially old, because I just feel compelled to say "kids these days."
  • Rose played a vital role in the movie. If it wasn't for her and Finn bringing back DJ, the First Order wouldn't have known to destroy the escape pods.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    The hate and bile for new and different things amazes me. I just dont get it.

    I guess I am officially old, because I just feel compelled to say "kids these days."

    Pretty sure the hate for TLJ is about it being bad not it being new and different.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.
    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.
    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    I want to farm her but single node hurts...
    Yeah, for real, I hear you on that... I started her and Holdo as soon as they hit the board and it took forever. But I've got then at 7* now and that means two full Resistance teams for all content! Definitely worth it--Rose is my next zeta, as a matter of fact (but since I don't prioritize zeta mats, it'll probably be another month).
    jjkriv wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    I tend to agree,I even have Holdo ready to go gold
    I've got Holdo at 7*, but haven't taken the plunge to G12 yet. She's missing the gear that requires 7*, because I got her up to G11 when she still had 5* and then had to move on. Then I had to completely redo my ships because of the meta change... Oy...

    Game pulls you in too many directions. But Holdo's one I want to finish off soon, for sure.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    must be why you see her used everywhere...........wait, we dont do we? huh, strange
    I never said she was used everywhere. I said she's a good and useful character and then listed her strengths.
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.
    Oh, for sure there are better characters. She's not a game-breaker, or anything, after all she's only a 12-energy hard node (and drops some decent gear that you need a lot of in early and mid-game character growth) but she's good and useful and allows you to have two Resistance teams. Characters with exposes in their kit (Trooper's basic, Pilot's special) are more useful in Finn teams to keep the TM rolling. Rose's basic is two chances to crit which is two chances to land exposes and boost her offense and TM.

    The only real downside on her is that the AI will use her specials indiscriminately. They're meant to be situational, but the AI doesn't know how to NOT use an ability as soon as it's going to have literally any effect...
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?

    There’s no misrepresentation at all. Her character was trash, so was the movie. End of story.

    This is a fact. At least Rose’s sister did something useful

    Yes, let's ignore that she stopped Finn from leaving, was a key component in planning to knock out the tracking device, that it was her pendant that bought them the codebreaker and her that dragged Finn to safety when the "Supremacy" was split in half by Holdo's LS jump. And we should also apparently disregard that she saved Finn's life.

    Cool - I'm glad we're not letting prejudice or anything silly get in the way of facts.

    That’s because Johnson was pushing the strong women crap and it was with all the female characters from leia floating in space to Rey beating Luke which would never happen. TLJ made all the male characters look weak, arrogant or treasonous. So there’s some facts for you.

    No, those are opinions. The folks who say those opinions, by the way, tend to say stuff like "They need to take the politics out of the movie" while hypocritically ignoring that taking "the politics" out is impossible because all art is political. Remove "the strong women crap" and you're just putting in "strong men crap" instead.

    They don't mind politics in art, they just get upset that it's not their politics in there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Look at the pic. Notice Star Wars resistance has... 13,000 likes and only 145,000 dislikes... in other words it should be slightly more beloved than Rose’s storyline, feminist politics being shoved down your throat, and blood sucking leeches. That is all. And by the way it’s possible to make a movie with “strong men crap” or “strong woman crap.”

    d1jtr73kpf5b.png
  • Rose storyline grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, 3 times as much as the solo movie. If you’re going to judge the quality of something not even out there yet by the number of haters dislikes on a trailer video, you can do that with money right ?
    So The last jedi was 3 times better than the solo movie right ?
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Rose storyline grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, 3 times as much as the solo movie. If you’re going to judge the quality of something not even out there yet by the number of haters dislikes on a trailer video, you can do that with money right ?
    So The last jedi was 3 times better than the solo movie right ?

    technically rose storyline is one of the reasons why solo has such low score
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Rose storyline grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, 3 times as much as the solo movie. If you’re going to judge the quality of something not even out there yet by the number of haters dislikes on a trailer video, you can do that with money right ?
    So The last jedi was 3 times better than the solo movie right ?

    Uh... let’s use logic and reasoning. Would you rather eat at a restaurant with no bad reviews... and a five* rating... or a restaurant rated 1* with 145,000 bad reviews... but makes more money because it’s name is McDonald’s and its a chains.

    If people generally hate something... and it gets bad reviews... generally it is bad. Force awakens grossed more money than the prequels and originals probably all combined... it wasn’t bad. The last Jedi was bad. Just as bad as the “food” served at McDonald’s.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Rose storyline grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, 3 times as much as the solo movie. If you’re going to judge the quality of something not even out there yet by the number of haters dislikes on a trailer video, you can do that with money right ?
    So The last jedi was 3 times better than the solo movie right ?

    Uh... let’s use logic and reasoning. Would you rather eat at a restaurant with no bad reviews... and a five* rating... or a restaurant rated 1* with 145,000 bad reviews... but makes more money because it’s name is McDonald’s and its a chains.

    If people generally hate something... and it gets bad reviews... generally it is bad. Force awakens grossed more money than the prequels and originals probably all combined... it wasn’t bad. The last Jedi was bad. Just as bad as the “food” served at McDonald’s.

    Yes, but presumably the people giving a restaurant the bad reviews have eaten at the restaurant, and are not just brigading the reviews as has clearly happened here
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Love is like a red, red rose
    Just not the Star Wars toon
    If CG released a second Rose
    No one here would swoon.

    I would. Rose is a good character. Solid basic that frequently hits twice, high crit chance so she fuels Jedi Rey. The offense and TM boosts from exposed enemies just makes her hit harder. Her specials are situational, but good, though usually I just find myself using her basic.

    Rose is good and useful. If you can’t see that through your hater-tinted glasses that’s your problem.

    Rose is about as useful as a car with no wheels. There are better resistance characters that boost RJT like RT and RP. There’s a reason she’s arguably the most hated character in Star Wars because she did nothing in the movie besides take up screen time. Her sister in the movie has a bigger role than her.

    Did you ever stop to ask yourself why it is you hate her to the point of misrepresenting her role in the movie?

    There’s no misrepresentation at all. Her character was trash, so was the movie. End of story.

    This is a fact. At least Rose’s sister did something useful

    Yes, let's ignore that she stopped Finn from leaving, was a key component in planning to knock out the tracking device, that it was her pendant that bought them the codebreaker and her that dragged Finn to safety when the "Supremacy" was split in half by Holdo's LS jump. And we should also apparently disregard that she saved Finn's life.

    Cool - I'm glad we're not letting prejudice or anything silly get in the way of facts.

    That’s because Johnson was pushing the strong women crap and it was with all the female characters from leia floating in space to Rey beating Luke which would never happen. TLJ made all the male characters look weak, arrogant or treasonous. So there’s some facts for you.

    Ugh that strong female crap! What a complete fabrication of reality!!

    Grow up and wake up.
  • MoBlaq
    526 posts Member
    Sucks its a cartoon. Was hoping it was a Netflix show or something
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Rose storyline grossed over a billion dollars worldwide, 3 times as much as the solo movie. If you’re going to judge the quality of something not even out there yet by the number of haters dislikes on a trailer video, you can do that with money right ?
    So The last jedi was 3 times better than the solo movie right ?

    Uh... let’s use logic and reasoning. Would you rather eat at a restaurant with no bad reviews... and a five* rating... or a restaurant rated 1* with 145,000 bad reviews... but makes more money because it’s name is McDonald’s and its a chains.

    If people generally hate something... and it gets bad reviews... generally it is bad. Force awakens grossed more money than the prequels and originals probably all combined... it wasn’t bad. The last Jedi was bad. Just as bad as the “food” served at McDonald’s.

    Yes, but presumably the people giving a restaurant the bad reviews have eaten at the restaurant, and are not just brigading the reviews as has clearly happened here

    Well I saw all the drama and thought I’d give my two cents worth haha. This has really strayed from the original topic. I’ll give the cartoon a chance. It’ll be interesting to see what route they go and what unanswered questions... (because the last two episodes answered absolutely nothing) will answer.
This discussion has been closed.