Hoth 5-E Normal Ships is broke

GlitterOutlaw
1912 posts Member
edited October 2018
the speed on this node is WAY Dumb. ive beaten every node plus Hard modes without ANY issue but this one. it is clearly not working as intended. every ships + capitol gets a hit in before i can get one hit on.... for a normal mode? ya no. Devs.
No. Just No.

Replies

• Been that way all along, it’s a bear
  • Lol, ok, and you “clearly” know this how exactly?
  • Shrug, lots of folks have beat it, guess it’s all relative to what you use.
  • It is hard by design because starting 5-F you can obtain G12 gear. 5-E being the gate.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    I’m stuck here too.. not even close I end with more tie fighters on the other side than the start.. usually have one reinforce before I finish a round of attacks :/ any tips?
  • if your having an issue with 5-E normal then I've got bad news for you about the hard nodes in 5
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    It is hard by design because starting 5-F you can obtain G12 gear. 5-E being the gate.
    It looks like they need to fix that and remove the g12 gear then

• BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    It is hard by design because starting 5-F you can obtain G12 gear. 5-E being the gate.
    It looks like they need to fix that and remove the g12 gear then
    How would that fix anything? It's the final tier of fleet battles, and g12 gear should require an investment before its easily farmable. If you can't beat it, try different fleet comps or upgrade. The 5 hard nodes are substantially harder, so it's a logical progression of difficulty to get better gear.
  • Actually, I expected the fleet battles to become harder earlier on, but just as OP, I finished them all like it was nothing, except that one... Their capital ship gets 2 turns before I even get 1 attack in! And of course every ship needs to be the ITF, so you can't hit them because of all the dodges.
    I stopped trying a long time ago, and I'll try again when my ships get even stronger.
    There are folks in my guild who have beaten it, so there needs to be a way. I'm just not there yet, I supposed?
    I get my motivation from the fact that just yesterday I beat the mythic node on that Ewok challenge for the first time, where a few months ago they obliterated me on tier 8.
  • If you try beating this node 3* with Tarkin well... I don’t think you’ll ever do it. His capital ship has no heal.

I beat it just the other day with 3*... used Ackbar with oh I think it was fives, Sun Fac & Biggs. Or maybe it was 3 Goes. Heal your tank immediately. Phantom 2 reinforcement... Vader, etc. lost one ship but ended with five so got 3*. should be easy with a taunting hounds tooth to absorb damage.
  • I had trouble with this node until I swapped in Hounds Tooth at 4* with g11 Bossk and Xanadu at 3*, g8 Cad. Get HT’s taunt up, use Xanadu to keep breach on a Tie at all times so HT taunt always refreshes, and chip away at the Ties while they smash uselessly against HT.
  • Ackbar Lead

Open with:
    Vader
    Scimitar
    Any ship weaker than Scimitar.

ITFs pound the weaker ship to death. Scimitar grants Retribution to Vader. Ackbar casts healing/protection-up on Vader.

Vader counters the TIE's to death.
  • This battle needs to be removed or skippable. Havinh this is the way of gettimg to other battles for valuable gear is one of the worst game design decisions in history.

I can rank 1st in fleet arena every day. But since I didn't build very specific ships I ak screwed and have been trying to build those ships for months now and I'm still not close. Getting Tie Advanced to 7*s takes FOREVER.

This node should be skippable after like 25 attempts or something. I've spent hundreds of ship energy trying to beat this node with my ships but its impossible. I'm falling behind because I can't grind for gear that others who built dark side get access too. Same issue with the challenge for ship abilities.

This is why 40/50 of the top squads are empire and the top fleet arena is the same percentage of tarkin/thrawn and biggs/tie advanced. Why not just make everything be linear.