No 7 days notification before CLS, and no calendar

Prev1
I'm not asking imposible, I'm just asking what you promised

Replies

• StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    How do you know we won't get 7 days' notice for CLS when we don't know when it is yet?
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I thought they said after X amounts of time for running a legendary they would no longer announce it.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    I thought they said after X amounts of time for running a legendary they would no longer announce it.

That's for legendary events. For hero's journeys, they're still supposed to give 1 week notice regardless.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    It's in game. Starts Thursday.

Gotcha. Did it just pop up today?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Been there a day or two I think. Doesnt show for me because I've had him since first run.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Been there a day or two I think. Doesnt show for me because I've had him since first run.

Same. But if it's been there for a while, would it not possibly have hit the 7 days' notice they said they would give for Journey events?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Same. But if it's been there for a while, would it not possibly have hit the 7 days' notice they said they would give for Journey events?

It was 5 days notice..... Heroes journey don't get 7 days notice, they get placed on the calendar..... You know, the one we don't have yet....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

It was 5 days notice..... Heroes journey don't get 7 days notice, they get placed on the calendar..... You know, the one we don't have yet....

It's the other way round, 7 days notice and may not be on the calendar until announced https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

It's the other way round, 7 days notice and may not be on the calendar until announced https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Yep.... My bad...
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    It says for the first 2 runs. This is what the 4th? Cls launch?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Aluxtu wrote: »

True, but CLS is not Legendary, and they did say it for that.

Edited, "not legendary"
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • You’re implying that CG gives a crap about their own rules.
  • LaddDeWinter
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »

True, but CLS is Legendary, and they did say it for that.

CLS is not Legendary... here is the original dev post

"Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game."
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Why are people so hung up on this 7 days thing? Realistically if you need CLS, you should just farm all the requirements regardless of when the event is due next. That way you're ready whenever and you don't need to do this "panic farm" nonsense.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Why are people so hung up on this 7 days thing? Realistically if you need CLS, you should just farm all the requirements regardless of when the event is due next. That way you're ready whenever and you don't need to do this "panic farm" nonsense.

It's more the frustration of "The Devs make a very specific promise to the players in writing, and then don't follow through."
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    It's possible they'll push the CLS event back a few days, so the total notification will be at least 7 days.
  • I just want the calendar...
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Be prepared. Exactly. I realized I missed it by a mile last time so had everybody ready by mid-August this time. No excuses to not be ready if you knew of the approximate 4 month timeline.
  • They are hung up on that fact that cg said they would do something and failed to deliver, yet again. I could care less about when they come I have all legendaries. As a paying customer if you tell me you are going to do something then do it. That is all.
  • However numerous people have posted CG's exact statement where they won't necessarily give a week notice once the Legendary has happened a few times. Just that they "intend" to.

Many things have good intentions...
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    However numerous people have posted CG's exact statement where they won't necessarily give a week notice once the Legendary has happened a few times. Just that they "intend" to.

Many things don't too.....
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    It's more the frustration of "The Devs make a very specific promise to the players in writing, and then don't follow through."
    It's not the devs - their job is to code the game. There is a guy whose SOLE JOB is to engage with the community and keep us informed... and he's turning out to be pretty unreliable, from what I can see.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    However numerous people have posted CG's exact statement where they won't necessarily give a week notice once the Legendary has happened a few times. Just that they "intend" to.

Commander Luke Skywalker's event is not a "Legendary." His is a "Hero's Journey" - and CG's exact statement was that they would give at least a week...

"Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    arbster wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    It's not the devs - their job is to code the game. There is a guy whose SOLE JOB is to engage with the community and keep us informed... and he's turning out to be pretty unreliable, from what I can see.

I was using the term "Devs" generically meaning the "employees who manage the game and all its aspects."

But technically yes, the community manager is likely not a "developer."
    arbster wrote: »

I was using the term "Devs" generically meaning the "employees who manage the game and all its aspects."

But technically yes, the community manager is likely not a "developer."

I so envy that guy..... Wish I had a two hour a week full time gig.....
    However numerous people have posted CG's exact statement where they won't necessarily give a week notice once the Heroes Journey has happened a few times. Just that they "intend" to.

Commander Luke Skywalker's event is not a "Legendary." His is a "Hero's Journey" - and CG's exact statement was that they would give at least a week...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

I'll fix my own typo and then point out a similar comprehension problem in your retort... Along with bolding the key word in CGs statement that I was referring to.

I said "Many things have good intentions"

I intend to go to the gym 4 times a week. Does it mean I said I would 100% never fail and never miss?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    However numerous people have posted CG's exact statement where they won't necessarily give a week notice once the Heroes Journey has happened a few times. Just that they "intend" to.

I'll fix my own typo and then point out a similar comprehension problem in your retort... Along with bolding the key word in CGs statement that I was referring to.

I said "Many things have good intentions"

I intend to go to the gym 4 times a week. Does it mean I said I would 100% never fail and never miss?

If it is your job then yes you are expected not to miss.

Try telling your boss "I intended to come it but guess I just didn't make it."
  • Hence the legal-ese they used by inserting the words "our intention" so they can later day, oops, sorry. We goofed.