If Every “Multi-Character” Was Replaced By a New Unique One (Hypothetical List in Pictures)

Replies

• Edison
    154 posts Member
    I can appreciate the time put into this!
  • They are different, not only in abilities but in character development in the movies/shows/story. That’s the reason for the different toons.

If you think Farmboy Luke is the same as CLS, or that Grandmaster Yoda is the same as Hermit Yoda, or even that Clone Wars Chewie is the same as Legendary Chewie, then man. You need to watch the movies again. Characters develop over time and become different. Han Solo is the most prime example, the differences in his character’s attitude and ideology between Episode 4 and Episode 8 is staggering.

Even in the short time we’ve known Kylo Ren, the difference in his character between Force Awakens and Last Jedi (opinion about the movies aside) is vast.
  • While you're at it, you should change either Anakin or Darth Vader. They are the same person and having both of them in the game is useless

(Sarcasm)
  • While you're at it, you should change either Anakin or Darth Vader. They are the same person and having both of them in the game is useless

(Sarcasm)

This was my only exception because it makes sense in that case.
  • Make main characters hard to get, only have one version of them and it’ll make it that much more rewarding when you get them. Make them a version of the character “in their prime.” Plus if you were at a Holotable in a cantina somewhere, you really think they’d give so much praise to Rebels that they’d have four versions of Chewbacca?!
  • Just no
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Let’s just say if you ran EA/CG, this game would’ve lasted a month.

No offense, but I feel like it totally makes sense to have multiple versions of characters. 5 Hans, 4 Chewies: way too many. But you can’t expect one luke to represent his whole character.

It also makes sense that they haven’t added key characters like C3PO. If you play all your good cards right away, you have nothing to sell in the future.

And finally, it also makes sense to have generic characters like clone seargent; if everyone has a unique and recognizable name, than no one is special.

I agree with some of your character swaps, but...
    Just saying.
  • Or just have one character where you can swap versions that change their skills. Obviously there would need to be some kind of 'uniform' upgrade system so that there is a grind to them since you'd only be technically leveling up one character.
  • what about the other 6 jango fetts we have? in fact its still 7 since you changed one to another jango fett
  • Nihion wrote: »

No offense, but I feel like it totally makes sense to have multiple versions of characters. 5 Hans, 4 Chewies: way too many. But you can’t expect one luke to represent his whole character.

It also makes sense that they haven’t added key characters like C3PO. If you play all your good cards right away, you have nothing to sell in the future.

And finally, it also makes sense to have generic characters like clone seargent; if everyone has a unique and recognizable name, than no one is special.

Just saying.

Maybe they want to give fans relatable characters right off the bat with Luke Farmboy and Clone Wars Chewbacca, but I like getting obscure characters in the beginning. They still use blasters etc. and things you’re familiar with in Star Wars, but to find out more about them you’d have to look them up like Talia. That one obscure character probably led me to watch the entire Clone Wars series for the first time.

And I’m not saying eliminate all generic people, like the troopers on empire for example. They’re also expressing the lack of humanity of the empire. But on the light side there’s just too many cool options, why would you go generic?

And I disagree about C-3P0.

• I think if they made the changes you recommended then the only one i would actually bother with is CP3O. I have no idea who half of the others are, and the ones i do know i dont think are that great. Paige Tico for example was in the start of the latest film for like 10 minutes tops and then she died and that was it. I know there are other heros in this game who dont feature much in the films but i dont really agree with them being in this game much either
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Just saying.

Maybe they want to give fans relatable characters right off the bat with Luke Farmboy and Clone Wars Chewbacca, but I like getting obscure characters in the beginning. They still use blasters etc. and things you’re familiar with in Star Wars, but to find out more about them you’d have to look them up like Talia. That one obscure character probably led me to watch the entire Clone Wars series for the first time.

And I’m not saying eliminate all generic people, like the troopers on empire for example. They’re also expressing the lack of humanity of the empire. But on the light side there’s just too many cool options, why would you go generic?

And I disagree about C-3P0.

That’s great, I enjoy obscure characters as well.

With C3PO: If they had created all the OT characters like C3PO right off the bat, then who would you have them sell for big money in the future? It took them a year and a half to add R2, and the wait was worth it.
  • SilverbackMM
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Make This Post Great Again
  • What I like:
    • Hoth Rebel Soldier = Major Bren Derlin
    • Clone Sergeant = Hevy (CT-782)
    Would actually like HRScout = Major Derlin, but either way is fine.

What I don't like:
    • Who in the galaxy is Camie Lonezoner?
    • General Rieekan would need a leader kit that boosts the Hoth-based heroes, not CHS' kit.
    • Mon Mothma would need a custom build, not Lobot's kit.
    • C3PO a taunting tank a la StHan? Yeah, nah. Leave StHan alone.
    • The rest.

None of it will happen, but it is fun to consider.
  • What I like:

What I don't like:
    • General Rieekan would need a leader kit that boosts the Hoth-based heroes, not CHS' kit.
    • The rest.

Obviously Camie Loneozner is Luke’s friend from the Tosche Station scene that was deleted from the original edit (thank god, because acting fail). I’m extremely cool and hip for knowing that though, as opposed to you, who is not. She could easily have an antiquated blaster rifle she uses to snipe off the sandpeople.

Why would you make Bren Derlin a Scout when he’s a major? Hobbie can be a Scout because he went on searching for Luke on the snowspeeders.

And yeah most of these would need a kit change if implemented.
  • I thought you wanted to make this thread great again.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    What I like:

What I don't like:
    • The rest.

Obviously Camie Loneozner is Luke’s friend from the Tosche Station scene that was deleted from the original edit (thank god, because acting fail). I’m extremely cool and hip for knowing that though, as opposed to you, who is not. She could easily have an antiquated blaster rifle she uses to snipe off the sandpeople.

Why would you make Bren Derlin a Scout when he’s a major? Hobbie can be a Scout because he went on searching for Luke on the snowspeeders.

And yeah most of these would need a kit change if implemented.

This guy just promoted his own thread, and then asserted his dominance over someone through a forum. Are you Donald Trump?
  • Make This Post Great Again

that requires it to be great in the first place
  • Check this out!:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182915/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1

But I also see a list of full light side characters. You know the light side is maybe (together) stronger than the dark side. The dark side in SWGoH could be used as stand-alone-character.