landos falcon comp, enemy ships gaining protection

angrythumbs
334 posts Member
edited October 2018
I am slowly grinding L3 and young lando, I keep reading about how this ship is "top 3" in the forums, but Im not sure which capital ship or which comp Lando's Millennium Falcon would fit into.

does anybody have any experience with actually using/fighting this ship at top end? Seems the BH ships would become the meta with HT being so OP.

also, why do my enemy biggs/ht/anybody with retribution keep gaining protection up WHILE I hit them? this happens with multiple capital ships, sometimes even when I have placed target lock on them.

thoughts?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Under Home One ships gain protection up when they attack out of turn. HT gains protection up whenever it is damaged. Biggs gains protection whenever an opposing ship gets target locked.
  • im finding when I attack, the enemy ships gain protection up during my attack.

this is not when a ship gets target locked or called to assist, it is when I attack. I notice this most on biggs and HT, but I saw it when I was attacking once of the geo's who had retribution put on it from scimitars under a thrawn capital ship. this is why it does not make sense to me.

when HT gains protection, I thought it should be the purple bar, but the green bar is increasing also
  • My guess would be that their bonus protection is on top of a full bar of regular protection. When you burn through the bonus prot, it reduces the purple bar from the left, then once all the bonus prot is gone, the regular protection appears, and it starts where it was before they got the bonus - at a full bar. This makes it look like they're gaining protection, but it's just an artifact of the way protection is displayed.

As for Biggs, he is probably gaining protection due to a TL expiring and reapplying on your attacking ship.
  • My guess would be that their bonus protection is on top of a full bar of regular protection. When you burn through the bonus prot, it reduces the purple bar from the left, then once all the bonus prot is gone, the regular protection appears, and it starts where it was before they got the bonus - at a full bar. This makes it look like they're gaining protection, but it's just an artifact of the way protection is displayed.

As for Biggs, he is probably gaining protection due to a TL expiring and reapplying on your attacking ship.

interesting, forgot about if TL expires. I'll watch this. thanks

but seems like enemies during a mirror match get this bonus and my team does not. also seems that my HT dies a lot quicker than my sharmates. my shardmates have commented on the same thing happening when they attack me, but maybe this is all egocentric and we are not realizing it is the same

does anybody have experience w/ landos Falcon?
  • You run him under ANY CAPITOL ship. He is a reserve. Here is how he plays out.
    Starting
    X1 hound biggs
    Biggs holds taunt until hound takes turn.
    Tarkin tenacity down opponant hound
    Hound breaches opponant hound
    Vader blocks opponant hound
    Reserve 1 wedge.
    Wedge blocks hound. Vader kills hound
    Reserve 2 PLO
    Plo gives taunt to hound cover hounds taunt gap
    Reserve 3 falcon
    Falcon takes away enemy buffs on entry
    Falcon attacks 3 times
    Middle attack 100k ish
    Last attack 85kish
    Middle attack 100kish

If there are any ships left....they aint happy...
    And tarkin takes his ultimate immediately after falcon entry.

Check and mate.

This is mature shard 400k plus fleets maxed capitol ships.
    L3 and Ylando g12 plus
    Nothing holds on D at all with this setup.
  • As far as biggs goes. He is broke again. There is a bug that returns weekly that gives him protection when he should not gain it. Not fixable for the long run. They have been trying to fix it perminantly but fail. Is what it is.

Hound appears to not be working as it was also mentioned above. I do not know where the health regen comes from either. It appears when another ship attacks like a health steal.
  • These were not present this morning. Stealth fix
  • also, why do my enemy biggs/ht/anybody with retribution keep gaining protection up WHILE I hit them? this happens with multiple capital ships, sometimes even when I have placed target lock on them.

For Biggs:
    If he has retribution when Biggs counter attacks he can apply TL to your ship thus gaining back up to 40% protection.

For HT:
    HT unique skill gains the protection up buff unless buff blocked when ever it is damaged.

For Anybody with retribution:
    Under a Akbar lead attacking out of turn grants protection up, so any counter attack or assisting attack will cause this to occur.

• Sentia wrote: »
    also, why do my enemy biggs/ht/anybody with retribution keep gaining protection up WHILE I hit them? this happens with multiple capital ships, sometimes even when I have placed target lock on them.

For Biggs:
    If he has retribution when Biggs counter attacks he can apply TL to your ship thus gaining back up to 40% protection.

For HT:
    HT unique skill gains the protection up buff unless buff blocked when ever it is damaged.

For Anybody with retribution:
    Under a Akbar lead attacking out of turn grants protection up, so any counter attack or assisting attack will cause this to occur.

yep, but I'm seeing this when I attack them, not when they assist or when they counter attack

I'll watch more closely and report back. I didnt fall far enough overnight to play many rounds today, but appreciate the thoughts
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Biggs gaining protection when you hit him is because of Vader, who he's nearly always teamed with for lolinfinitetaunt shenanigans. Vader passively reapplies target lock whenever one expires on your team. So it goes like this:

1: Your target-locked ship attacks Biggs
    2: Biggs takes damage
    3: Your ship's turn ends and target lock expires
    4: Vader reapplies target lock
    5: Biggs gains protection. He also refreshes taunt, but because he was already taunting you don't see it

All of this happens basically at the same time, when your attack hits Biggs, so it looks like your attack is causing him to gain protection. It took me a while (and some advice on another post) to figure it out, but since I did I've never found myself going "dude how did that happen" when fighting Biggs.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Biggs gaining protection when you hit him is because of Vader, who he's nearly always teamed with for lolinfinitetaunt shenanigans. Vader passively reapplies target lock whenever one expires on your team. So it goes like this:

1: Your target-locked ship attacks Biggs
    2: Biggs takes damage
    3: Your ship's turn ends and target lock expires
    4: Vader reapplies target lock
    5: Biggs gains protection. He also refreshes taunt, but because he was already taunting you don't see it

All of this happens basically at the same time, when your attack hits Biggs, so it looks like your attack is causing him to gain protection. It took me a while (and some advice on another post) to figure it out, but since I did I've never found myself going "dude how did that happen" when fighting Biggs.

well, your advice is definitely not appreciated. how can I now blame the computer or a glitch for my losses? it was much easier when I had somebody else to blame :)

thanks dude. this was driving me nuts
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    These were not present this morning. Stealth fix

I see you post this all the time, that biggs is bugged and then 'stealth fixed'. Given that the devs have never listed a biggs bug in the list of 'known issues' I think you're just wrong. Before you argue that they're deliberately hiding the bug, consider that they've posted some pretty game-breaking bugs in those posts like the one that lets you solo nihilus with NS. Why would they prioritise concealing a minor biggs bug over that?

I like your Lando's **** (edit.: M.F) strat btw
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299