Poe Dameron and Finn rework idea

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited December 2018
Poe Dameron and Finn have some nice synergy together in this game. However there are some things that bothered me.
Poe's leadership is practically useless. It's effect isn't that great and Finn's leadership is, to my opinion, one of the best in the game. I've always felt like that hindered their synergy to some level. Besides this I don't like Poe's basic and I think he deserves a zeta of his own.
With Finn I have 1 thing that always bothered me. His leadership grants Resistance allies that lose foresight advantage. But he gives no Foresight himself and, even weirder, has no Advantage or Critical Hit bonuses in his kit. so why is it there?
With these things in mind (and because I like to do reworks) I've decided to do a rework of these 2. Tell me what you think of them.
Poe Dameron
Light Side, Resistance, Tank
Resistance Tank with a Taunt that inflicts Expose for big reversals.

Challenging Shot (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to inflict Offence Down for 2 turns.
(Omega) If target enemy is suffering from any negative status effect, Poe and Finn (if present) recover 10% of their Max Protection.

Resistance Bravado (Special) (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Taunt for 2 turns and remove 25% Turn Meter from each enemy, with a 65% chance to also Expose them for 2 turns.
(Omega) Dispel all buffs from all enemies.

Ace of the Resistance (Unique)
Poe gains +10% Offence and Potency for each active Resistance ally and First Order enemy. While Poe isn’t Taunting, he gains 10% Turn Meter whenever another Resistance ally is damaged.

Stand Firm (Unique)
Poe has +30% Tenacity and recovers 10% of his Max Health whenever he resists a negative status effect. If Finn is present, he also gains these bonuses. Whenever Poe loses Taunt, Finn gains Taunt for 1 turn.
(Zeta) While Poe is Taunting, he has +100% Defence and +100% Counter Chance. If Finn is present, he also gains these bonuses. Finn Taunt duration +1 turn.
Finn
Light Side, Resistance, Tank
Resistance Tank that keeps the pressure up with a balance between offence and defence.

Crack Shot (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 100% more damage on a Critical Hit and to enemies that haven’t already been struck by it.

Hold the Line (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
Finn gains Foresight, Defence Up and Heal Over Time (20%) for 2 turns. If Poe Dameron is present, he also gains all of these.
(Omega) Dispel all debuffs from all allies.

Takedown (Special) (Cooldown: 2 turns)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy, Stun them for 1 turn and Expose them for 2 turns.
(Omega) These effects can’t be resisted on a Critical Hit.

Balanced Tactics (Leader)
Resistance allies gain 30% Offence and 60% Defence, and other allies gain half that amount.
(Zeta) Whenever a Resistance ally loses Foresight, they gain Advantage for 2 turns and whenever an enemy takes damage from Expose, reduce the cooldowns of all Resistance allies by 1 and grant them 35% Turn Meter.

Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• Didn't they already Nerf Finn's Zeta for the raid tho? I do agree that many toons, particularly some of the older ones could stand to be revisited, like a year ago lol good luck in your endeavor
  • Given how bad the latest movie was they could be nerfed to Rose level where they belong.
  • With the resent talk about maybe nerfing Finn's leadership I decided to go back to this rework idea. I think that, if they nerf Finn, reworking Poe could be a nice way to balance things out. I also changed his "Ace of the Resistance" ability to something that I think is a bit more fitting.
    Still hoping for some actual feedback on this idea, regardless of hou you think the characters and/or movies where.