I bring you 2 Zombie Fixes

The first just makes the descriptions far less complex, by changing where the text appears, and when.
I propose you shift some of the Endless Horde text into the Undying Sacrifice Description, make Undying Sacrifice a Gear 1 skill, and then find something to add to the gaps between Gears 1 - 10. I'm sure CG can come up with something sufficiently mundane to add in to those gear levels....

Here's the original text:-

Endless Horde
At the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn, Nightsister Zombie gains Taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health, which can't be prevented. If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. If Nightsister Zombie is defeated while at -100% Speed from this effect, she cannot be revived.
Undying Sacrifice
Nightsister Zombie can revive after being defeated at -100% Speed from Endless Horde. The first 2 times another Nightsister ally is defeated by an enemy attack, they are revived, recover 100% of Nightsister Zombie's Max Health and Nightsister Zombie is defeated. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated by this effect, she loses all Protection, dispels all negative Speed effects from Endless Horde and revives with 50% Turn Meter. This effect does not trigger Endless Horde's Speed reduction.

Here's the fix:-

Endless Horde
At the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn, Nightsister Zombie gains Taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health, which can't be prevented.
Undying Sacrifice

Change this to a Gear 1 unlock
Tier the bonuses by Gear level as per normal
Gear 1 Description:
If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. At -100% Speed, Nightsister Zombie may no longer take a turn. If Nightsister Zombie is defeated while at -100% Speed from this effect, she cannot be revived.
Gear 10 Description:
If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. At -100% Speed, Nightsister Zombie may no longer take a turn, but will revive when killed.
The first 2 times another Nightsister ally is defeated by an enemy attack, they are revived, recover 100% of Nightsister Zombie's Max Health and Nightsister Zombie is defeated. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated by this effect, she loses all Protection, dispels all negative Speed effects from Endless Horde and revives with 50% Turn Meter. This effect does not trigger Undying Sacrifice’s Speed reduction.

^Just need to drop something in to gear levels 2-9, at this point, I'm disinterested in what!

My second fix is to remove this stupid element of Zombie never, ever under any circumstances being able to take a turn again once she's had her 2 free passes and has accumulated -100% Speed.
So a further re-work of Undying Sacrifice, building upon the above:-

Endless Horde
At the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn, Nightsister Zombie gains Taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health, which can't be prevented.
Undying Sacrifice

Change this to a Gear 1 unlock
Tier the bonuses by Gear level as per normal
Gear 1 Description:
If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. At -100% Speed, Nightsister Zombie may no longer take a turn.
If Nightsister Zombie is defeated while at -100% Speed from this effect, she cannot be revived.

Gear 10 Description:
If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. At -100% Speed, Nightsister Zombie may no longer take a turn, but will revive when killed.
The first 2 times another Nightsister ally is defeated by an enemy attack, they are revived, recover 100% of Nightsister Zombie's Max Health and Nightsister Zombie is defeated. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated by this effect, she loses all Protection, dispels all negative Speed effects from Endless Horde and revives with 50% Turn Meter. This effect does not trigger Undying Sacrifice’s Speed reduction.

Gear 12 Description:
If Nightsister Zombie survived damage from an enemy attack since her last turn, she gains 50% Speed (stacking) at the start of her turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she loses 50% Speed (stacking). These effects are neither buffs nor debuffs and combine for a maximum of +100% Speed or minimum of -100% Speed. At -100% Speed, Nightsister Zombie may no longer take a turn, but will revive when killed [b}and Speed penalties will be dispelled. [/b]

One way or another, this whole kit needs simplifying.
If you were hoping to in any way nerf high raid scores in P3 & 4 of the Sith raid, newsflash that ship has sailed and the top players have adapted.
So the situation is currently thus:- your pro NS players will work with the constraints of complexity that you've added to Zombie. But more casual players are asking... "tell me again how this all works?"
You can almost imagine their glazed over eyes after typing out a page to explain it all.
It needs simplifying, it's too complex.
Get rid of that permanent -100% Speed from G10 onwards after the 2nd death. Honestly, I don't even like Zombie taking those first 2 deaths for the team. The purpose of the Zombie raid was to address issues with the paper zombie... all that change does to the raid is make P3 harder to set up.
But it has the happy side effect of boosting Nightsisters in PVP so it is what it is. But the permanently frozen state of -100% Speed is just wholly unnecessary... like I say, the pro's have it on lock down, the casual players are just switched off by the idea of trying to manage it all.

Dunno why I have bothered with any of this but gotta try eh.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Am I really the only one who hates NS and believes they should be nerfed beyond belief?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Am I really the only one who hates NS and believes they should be nerfed beyond belief?

You are not and it never ceases to amaze me.
    They are a fun faction, really different from anything else in the game, not op by any mean, they have clear strenghts and clear counters (hard counters i’d add), they’ve never been meta really (barely a few weeks) so they’re not obnoxiously boring.
    I just can’t understand the hate toward the night sisters.
  • Zombie fix: make endless horde gear 10+. Done.
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

They are a fun faction, really different from anything else in the game, not op by any mean, they have clear strenghts and clear counters (hard counters i’d add), they’ve never been meta really (barely a few weeks) so they’re not obnoxiously boring.

They were meta for a lot longer than a few weeks.

They were OP from their rework until the Palpatine rework. 4-5 months.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

They just like, live forever, you know? It’s annoying.
    And considering they hold a very small place in the galaxy, they should not be this good. They should be as good as Jawas.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Cassius97 wrote: »

They were meta for a lot longer than a few weeks.

They were OP from their rework until the Palpatine rework. 4-5 months.

They barely started to show in arena during the jtr meta and mostly disappeared with the palp rework. A few weeks. Jtr herself was meta for barely 2-3 months.
    They are not op and never were. I don’t know how anyone could say otherwise. Anyone who actually pays attention to actual rankings and numbers i mean.

They just like, live forever, you know? It’s annoying.
    And considering they hold a very small place in the galaxy, they should not be this good. They should be as good as Jawas.

How is it more annoying than palp teams getting infinite tm + every debuff in the game or let’s say any other mechanics of any other faction ? They just do their things like all others but for some reason they are one of the only factions if not the only one to have actual haters.
    Considering the lore has absolutely nothing to do with characters / teams strenght it’s 100% irrelevant.

I mean i’m arguing but just for the sake of it, i’ve been practicing the internet long enough to know that, as they say, « haters gonna hate » :P But it’s just that i don’t get it.