Gw not wai

Shellzbutt
299 posts Member
edited October 2018
Im hitting these on node 3.....
6eeqn4kh0hmn.jpg
And this is what i have to choose from for my teamdmj7tg4sl03r.jpg
Well let me see......nuh may aswell waste all those unobtainable rewards and press restart lol.
Happens every gw table ,
Theres loads of fully modded 6 and 7 ☆ squads from node 3 upwards.

This is just a new alt by the way but the guy is really struggling here

Replies

  • Why do you have Tie Fighter Pilot in the leader slot? He doesn't even have a leadership ability.
  • I see this all the time from newer players. Leaders in the leader slot, dang it!

    Either Boba or Jango would do great in there.

  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Why do you have Tie Fighter Pilot in the leader slot? He doesn't even have a leadership ability.

    If you actually read my comment...these are the toons i have to CHOOSE from...nowhere am i actually battling with that set up thankyou.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I see this all the time from newer players. Leaders in the leader slot, dang it!

    Either Boba or Jango would do great in there.

    Same as above....i havent selected my squad yet thanks...thats what i have to choose from and boba , jango doesnt have a show against the opponent.....but i guess you seeing it all the time you missed the fact that on node 3 against my 3☆ -4☆ lvl 53 im up against a full synergy squad of ps at 5-7☆ with more than 1dot mods lol.
    For you information ive retreated and replayed multiple times with the same effect...all toons get one shotted by the ps before i get a go.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Shellzbutt wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I see this all the time from newer players. Leaders in the leader slot, dang it!

    Either Boba or Jango would do great in there.

    Same as above....i havent selected my squad yet thanks...thats what i have to choose from and boba , jango doesnt have a show against the opponent.....but i guess you seeing it all the time you missed the fact that on node 3 against my 3☆ -4☆ lvl 53 im up against a full synergy squad of ps at 5-7☆ with more than 1dot mods lol.
    For you information ive retreated and replayed multiple times with the same effect...all toons get one shotted by the ps before i get a go.

    You didn’t load tm on your team? In the first matches you should set it up so turn meter is preloaded for your team. That way all of your toons should go before theirs. That would be a good start. I would think someone playing an alt would understand how to play GW.
  • Your missing the whole point sorry sying
    Duh
  • If you are level 53 you should be in the same position of having multiple 7* toons with G8-9. I actually don't understand how you can have such low stared and geared toons at that level
  • Resources spread too thin? Farming too many squads before having a legitimate "A" squad for GW etc?
  • If you are level 53 you should be in the same position of having multiple 7* toons with G8-9. I actually don't understand how you can have such low stared and geared toons at that level

    Yeah good one.....p2p talk there lol
  • Algood guys...but dont worry about it.
    Everyone seems to be missing the original reason for the post.
    Consider it closed
  • Waqui
    7526 posts Member
    Shellzbutt wrote: »
    If you are level 53 you should be in the same position of having multiple 7* toons with G8-9. I actually don't understand how you can have such low stared and geared toons at that level

    Yeah good one.....p2p talk there lol

    P2p talk? You can easily have a team of 5 on the max level at all times. It won't cost you anything. But ofc. you first need to understand the importance of this. As soon as you understand this basic issue, it will be a no—brainer to simply keep your main team at max level at all times.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Shellzbutt wrote: »
    Your missing the whole point sorry sying
    Duh

    I’m not missing the point. Your point is, people should not be seeing such hard teams that early in GW when they have much weaker toons to choose from.

    Sorry to break it to you, you’re not the first to try and make that point. You won’t be the last either.

    Do you think maybe you missed the point of some of the replies? Because it looks like people are offering suggestions on how to counter that.

    Instead of coming to the forums to complain and expect people to tell you that you’re right and wallow in self pity with you maybe learn some techniques to be good at the game. Just a thought.
  • Yes mum
  • Shellzbutt wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Why do you have Tie Fighter Pilot in the leader slot? He doesn't even have a leadership ability.

    If you actually read my comment...these are the toons i have to CHOOSE from...nowhere am i actually battling with that set up thankyou.

    Then why show a selected squad? You could have just posted your character inventory screen.
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We've all been there, hitting unbeatable teams in GW, albeit a long time ago for some of us.

    I can guarantee you it's nowhere near as tough as it used to be. And for that reason people are often hostile and dismissive of these posts. Like a rite of passage, you have to learn how to overcome this. We did, and arguably tougher.

    Back when new toons would instantly land as fully starred/geared AND levelled into nodes 11 and 12 of GW the second they entered the game, GW would become unbeatable for weeks to months. Want to know how that went when thrawn landed if you didnt spend to get Phoenix at the time? Yup. Awful. For that reason you will find little sympathy from veteran players here; most of us did this tougher. They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.

    That's not saying it isn't still tough or frustrating, or that there isn't a tough climb. It's awful at times, but it's intentionally an area of the game where you have to broaden your roster to clear reliably.

    That phoenix team is tough given your toons. But no amount of paper will beat scissors; you're debuff heavy toons will find phoenix tough, particularly given how low geared they are.

    Certain squads are more useful than others in this part of the game. You have to develop them. Tactics also matter; Preload turn meter, restart and reshuffle, etc.

    It won't be made easier for you. You'll have to learn to get around it. Plenty of good guides out there.
  • We've all been there, hitting unbeatable teams in GW, albeit a long time ago for some of us.

    I can guarantee you it's nowhere near as tough as it used to be. And for that reason people are often hostile and dismissive of these posts. Like a rite of passage, you have to learn how to overcome this. We did, and arguably tougher.

    Back when new toons would instantly land as fully starred/geared AND levelled into nodes 11 and 12 of GW the second they entered the game, GW would become unbeatable for weeks to months. Want to know how that went when thrawn landed if you didnt spend to get Phoenix at the time? Yup. Awful. For that reason you will find little sympathy from veteran players here; most of us did this tougher. They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.

    That's not saying it isn't still tough or frustrating, or that there isn't a tough climb. It's awful at times, but it's intentionally an area of the game where you have to broaden your roster to clear reliably.

    That phoenix team is tough given your toons. But no amount of paper will beat scissors; you're debuff heavy toons will find phoenix tough, particularly given how low geared they are.

    Certain squads are more useful than others in this part of the game. You have to develop them. Tactics also matter; Preload turn meter, restart and reshuffle, etc.

    It won't be made easier for you. You'll have to learn to get around it. Plenty of good guides out there.

    Look at the original post, this is his alt account. His main account has already been there, done that, bought the t-shirt that lets him sim his GW. No idea why he's posting about it though.
  • They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.
    What do you mean by "they cap GW"?

  • Huatimus wrote: »
    We've all been there, hitting unbeatable teams in GW, albeit a long time ago for some of us.

    I can guarantee you it's nowhere near as tough as it used to be. And for that reason people are often hostile and dismissive of these posts. Like a rite of passage, you have to learn how to overcome this. We did, and arguably tougher.

    Back when new toons would instantly land as fully starred/geared AND levelled into nodes 11 and 12 of GW the second they entered the game, GW would become unbeatable for weeks to months. Want to know how that went when thrawn landed if you didnt spend to get Phoenix at the time? Yup. Awful. For that reason you will find little sympathy from veteran players here; most of us did this tougher. They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.

    That's not saying it isn't still tough or frustrating, or that there isn't a tough climb. It's awful at times, but it's intentionally an area of the game where you have to broaden your roster to clear reliably.

    That phoenix team is tough given your toons. But no amount of paper will beat scissors; you're debuff heavy toons will find phoenix tough, particularly given how low geared they are.

    Certain squads are more useful than others in this part of the game. You have to develop them. Tactics also matter; Preload turn meter, restart and reshuffle, etc.

    It won't be made easier for you. You'll have to learn to get around it. Plenty of good guides out there.

    Look at the original post, this is his alt account. His main account has already been there, done that, bought the t-shirt that lets him sim his GW. No idea why he's posting about it though.

    Missed that. Good point, and yes, if it's an alt they should know all this already.
  • papy72 wrote: »
    They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.
    What do you mean by "they cap GW"?

    The squads you faced used to continue to grow exponentially in difficulty the higher level you were (specifically your 5 most powerful toons). And it kept on growing each GW as you kept on growing.

    The difficulty now continues to do that but it eventually now stops at what roughly equates to a just reached level 85 enemy squad, when you reach level 85 yourself.

    It means that eventually in the long run GW will become very very easy for you. It's still a long road for new players, but it eventually stops moving away from you whereas before it just kept on getting tougher.
  • papy72 wrote: »
    They now cap GW and it is far easier than it used to be.
    What do you mean by "they cap GW"?

    The squads you faced used to continue to grow exponentially in difficulty the higher level you were (specifically your 5 most powerful toons). And it kept on growing each GW as you kept on growing.

    The difficulty now continues to do that but it eventually now stops at what roughly equates to a just reached level 85 enemy squad, when you reach level 85 yourself.

    It means that eventually in the long run GW will become very very easy for you. It's still a long road for new players, but it eventually stops moving away from you whereas before it just kept on getting tougher.

    So there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. Nice.
  • OK, so your question is essentilly either (a) why do I face teams stronger than me in GW, or (b) can I beat GW nodes that have teams on average 5-6 levels and 1-2* higher than mine on each toon, or (c) can I build a team that can beat every single day every single node of GW if teams there have a total of 10-12 levels and 5-8 stars on my best team?

    Here goes:
    As to (a), because it is meant to be challenging, so that when you hit level 85 with 150 completed GWs and you get to blitz it, it feels like SOME effort was actually required.
    As to (b), yes, I have been doing so for 2 months and still doing it. I use now Emperor (6*), Vader (7*), Sion (3*), Thrawn (5*) and Nihilus (6*) all on level 77 and have no issue beating level 85 zetaed 7* teams with the sole exception of Bastilla/GMY/Hoda teams where I have first to soften them up - once Hoda and GMY are gone they die like flies. I was having even easier time 10 levels ago by the way, facing level 80s.
    As to (c), I guess I have answered that. And yes, it takes time - I have been selling ALL mods that are not at least of blue 5* quality and have a speed secondary, and selling after that all that do not upgrade to at least +8 speed (clearly, the arrow again blue 5* speed or sell otherwise). So having as a minimum +70 speed from mods on every single toon plus using speed set for the extra +10% (thus brining for example Vader to over 160 speed) helps a ton.

    So, yes, GW is easy, in fact one of the easiest things in SWGOH to finish day in day out.
  • Guys, you all make valid points, and despite OP's rude responses, I have to agree. An account with that level of power should not be hitting squads like that on N4. Should be much lower gear. Looks like the algorithm is having trouble at low level.

    Of course, maybe it's always been like that at L53, it's been more than 2years since I have played GW at that level.
Sign In or Register to comment.