Chopper or Sabine?

In prep for CLS, I need a 7* R2. In doing so, I need a 7* Thrawn. I had Phoenix at Level 80 with some good gear and decent mods. I got 6* Thrawn, and he's working out nicely, but i need to get ready for the next Thrawn Event. So, I'm asking - do i stick with Chopper, and get all of my Phoenix up to 85, Gear and Mod like crazy, or should i take the time to farm Sabine, which will take forever, because you can't buy her shards?

Replies

• Options
    Chopper's level 82 unique (Omega only) is crucial. Everyone heals each turn. Ezra and Sabine can swap but Chopper makes it exponentially easier.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    With chopper it's doable at around g8, with Sabine you might want some g9/10
  • Options
    Chopper is better as Vendi said, Sabine is squishy.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Since you already have Chopper ready, use him. However, you absolutely should farm Sabine as she is a great toon overall and is key in the Wampa squad in P2 of the HSR.
  • Options
    Chopper is definitely better than Sabine in this case, allowing lower gear levels.

I'm more concerned with the idea that you need 7* Thrawn to get 7* R2. This is certainly not the case.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    No you do not. Many options for R2 that don't need excessive gear, Zetas, legendaries, etc.
  • Options
    I understand that guys. Thrawn isn't needed, but my empire team right now is EP, Vader, Tie Fighter, Thrawn, and Veers. I only have two of them at 7* (EP and Tie). Just wanted to be prepped the next time R2 comes back. Didn't want to waste time on Sabine and focus on other things.
  • Options
    Then in that case it will definitely work. You'll destroy the R2 event.
  • Options
    Thanks Vendi. Just got to wait for 6 more months LOL
  • Options
    Go for Sabine, in short term you need to gear higher but long term she is better in STR p2 than chopper and I high geared zeta Phoenix squad does well in STR, TW and TB
  • Options
    I have both....without question do Chopper, as he will be ready for Thrawn
    Sabine is a slow background farm that is very useful but takes months and months.
    Sabine has uses outside of Phoenix and is a worthy side-project.
  • Options
    Chopper always. His auto-heal and ally cooldowns are huge for the squad, and his buff cleanse will keep taunt off the troopers. My squad was lvl 85 gear 9 except zeb at 8, full abilities but no zetas. I took 7* down on my first try, though some of my guildies said it took them a lot of attempts.
  • Options
    Chopper all the way
  • Options
    Use chopper for this event as others have said, but don’t ignore Sabine who is better later on. I beat 7 star Thrawn with g8 Phoenix using Sabine instead of Chopper, but I had almost every omega on the team and somewhere around 60-90 speed. I think it took me over 2 hours.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Chopper is easier to do event with.
    I did it with Sabine though.
  • Options
    Now I'm just waiting for the event to reemerge
  • Options
    Chooper 100% just for the unique and this rng dodge while taunting
    He allow to get trawn with much lower gear lvls (after so many tryes looking for good rng though xD)