The real problem with Chewie

MntMan
281 posts Member
OK. Not a fan of the RNG fest. I had zBoba G12, Greedo, Zam and Cad at G10 and G9 Dengar. About 87k GP team. All Omegass. I saw teams that were much lower in GP and strength get an RNG win. I tried every combo of mods I had for about 4-5 hours a day during the event and all I got was 6 star.

Now it is what it is. 6 star isn't so bad and while I am disappointed I couldn't get the RNG gods to line up (And RNG being the deciding factor here is just a terrible mechanic) it isn't the end of the world by any means I mean Meta in arena has not changed much. Of the top 50, 46 are Traya teams. I have 2 Bastilla and 2 CLS with Chewie so I don't feel like all is lost..............yet.

Because here's the kicker. There's no way CG isn't going to bust out the next meta toon and not require a 7 star Chewie. That's where we will all start feeling the pain. I don't care that a single toon escaped my grasp. It happens. I'll get him next time around. The problem is that he is the first domino in a chain. It will probably be that 7 star Chewie rescues C3PO and the cut scene shows him in his pack. A 7 star unlock of C3PO which will in turn then be required for Jedi Luke.

This is the problem here. Not that one character escaped us. It's more that I can already see the path in the future of missed opportunity and there is nothing I can do about it now except suffer the fate of lost opportunity again in the future due to this one toon. Sure I can prep up for round 2 of Chewie (and I will/am), but I can already envision my lack of excitement and enthusiasm at the next roll out or two because I missed the boat here.

It's possible I'm being pessimistic here, but point me to a recent CG decision that would lead yo to believe otherwise? That's what drove me through countless re-watches of that stupid cut scene, wasting tons of time and effort to only come up short, the closest to achieving was with Boba with a resolve still against an r2 and Rolo and just stun after stun after stun as I watched my chances slip away.

Replies

• A legendary to unlock another legendary to unlock a hero's journey? I don't think that's very likely.

Also, g9 and g10 seems pretty low gearing for this 7* event, especially without bossk.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I had g12 bosk n boba, g11 dengar n 2 g10s and it took 50 attempts to get 7* chewy
  • Every legendary that has been req for a hero's journey comes back with it. So as long as you work on your bhs, you can unlock both. Not a big deal.

And at 6 stars already you can gear him in prep so you miss nothing except using a 7 star chewie in the raids. So not a big deal.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    I guess my point was more that the next release will likely require him at 7 star and he will not probably be back before then (Like your TB12 logo by the way. Go Pats!!!!). So not only was I disappointed this go round, but am set u p to be disappointed for the next release. Kind of like the first time JTR came around. Got no-sub 7 star love from her.

I'm not mad my sub legendary-worthy BH team didn't get 7 star, though it was a disappointment seeing others with less powerful teams luck in with RNG and I didn't get the same RNG love despite oh so many tries. Call it pre-disappointnmeht fir the next event. Though maybe CG will surprise me.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    I guess my point was more that the next release will likely require him at 7 star and he will not probably be back before then (Like your TB12 logo by the way. Go Pats!!!!). So not only was I disappointed this go round, but am set u p to be disappointed for the next release. Kind of like the first time JTR came around. Got no-sub 7 star love from her.

I'm not mad my sub legendary-worthy BH team didn't get 7 star, though it was a disappointment seeing others with less powerful teams luck in with RNG and I didn't get the same RNG love despite oh so many tries. Call it pre-disappointnmeht fir the next event. Though maybe CG will surprise me.

But as others have pointed out - if he's required for whatever toon, he will come back with it (if not before then).

They don't run CLS without R2, and they don't run JTR without BB8.
  • If I remember correctly, each legendary has run concurrently with the heroes journey you need it for... BB8 ran with JTR event and R2 ran with CLS. So just be ready to 7 star and gear Chewie and more than likely, the next time he runs you'll also be able to complete the heroes journey he is needed for.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    A legendary to unlock another legendary to unlock a hero's journey? I don't think that's very likely.

Also, g9 and g10 seems pretty low gearing for this 7* event, especially without bossk.

Why is that unlikely? I'm too lazy to look it up but wasn't BB8 needed for Rey or vice versa plus R2? My memory sucks and I forget who came out first and required who but legendaries to get other legendaries or hero jounrney toons is very feasible.

I think the real problem with Chewie is that he is terrible on defense. I know not every toon is going to be a meta smasher and there should be some checks and balances but his kit is designed to both beat Traya/Nihilus and get destroyed by it.
  • R2 is needed for CLS
    BB8 is needed for JTR

Empire is needed for R2
    First Order is needed for BB8

Phoenix are needed for Thrawn.

At no point (to date) is a legendary needed for another legendary.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    as others have said, no legendary is needed for another legendary. Having Palp makes r2 easier, but any empire can do, same for whatever.

r2 was req for CLS
    bb8 was req for JTR

if this next meta toon requires chewie, chewie will likely be back with the toons event, as they haven't ran the hero's journey without out the legendary to my knowledge
  • R2 is needed for CLS
    BB8 is needed for JTR

Empire is needed for R2
    First Order is needed for BB8

Phoenix are needed for Thrawn.

At no point (to date) is a legendary needed for another legendary.

Well, except that thrawn is required for chimera, so.... 😁

• If you didn't hit 7* this time I'd totally be farming up bh to hit it next time. It'll pop up by surprise and probably just before something you need chewie for. That'd be my guess.... Based on bb8, anyway.

I got lucky 10 mins before the event end but was planning that. And ****, so sick of that movie...
  • Fair points and if he indeed does come back before or along with the next subsequent character in the chain then I will be prepared for it. Believe me. I guess you all have a lot more faith in the direct CG has been going lately. I just assumed in 2 months the next toon in the chain will be released and Chewie wouldn't be around again for another 4 making the first into of 3PO or JLS something I'd miss out on. Maybe I need a Snickers and i'm being too pessimistic here. We'll see.
  • So with all this being said Chewie should be back around holiday or just after it. Didn't JTR have her 2nd time show up around then last year?
  • Rich_Rider wrote: »
    So with all this being said Chewie should be back around holiday or just after it. Didn't JTR have her 2nd time show up around then last year?

I believe it was the second run of cls and first run of jtr in dec last year.
  • That's what I was thinking of then CLS. Unfortunately this event started way later than CLS he was August