Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• 3pourr2 wrote: »
    I enjoy reading answers to this question “Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?” You cannot receive better rewards as they did not increase rewards. They only increased the chance on the same rewards.

It's one of those survey questions intentionally written to get a certain response. In this case get people to say "yes" because they mistake getting better rewards by technicality as actually better rewards.

Namely we all technically earn better rewards than before because we can do higher tiers in a reasonable time frame. But if we considered rewards relative to time invested in str the answer is obviously "no" because you invest way less time in hpit/haat than str for loot drawn from the same tables. The question explicitly directs us not to consider the reward to time ratio for that reason.
  • What GP is your Guild? 98mil

What tiers did your Guild try? cleared 4 and 5, launched T6 for first time. On it currently.

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 4 was a couple hours, 5 slightly longer, 6 TBD

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)Rewards do seem commensurate with time invested, so yes

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Honestly, guild has steadily been growing even before Sith Raid dropped, so Raid has no impact on guild growth. That said, since Raid revamp, even lower powered guild members have been able to contribute significantly to Raid completion so I'll call that a win

Which change did you like the most?the normalized and MUCH more reasonable health across phases (in T1-6 anyway)

Which change did you like the least?Nihilus in both phases still has that unpredictable Annihilation IF both Annihilation and Drain Force is off cooldown. If they're both not off cooldown at the same time, then no problem. When it is though, it's a toss-up which one he'll do first, which is HIGHLY annoying and forces the same restarts the rework was supposed to address. Also, LOSE THE **** PROTECTION REGEN. GOOD FLIPPIN GRIEF. He's still challenging enough as it is, even WITH Raid rework. Also, you guys still need to do something about having Jedi Rey as the ONLY reliable damage dealer team in P1 and P4. Still utterly ridiculous most squads have no where near the impact her squads do and in my opinion it's very lazy programming to have that as such.

How has your overall experience changed since the update?Technically better, since guildies actually attempt the raid now. Even without the raid rework though, it was business as usual (no guild jumpers thankfully, we're loyal to each other) so I guess I'll call that a win, too
  • Loot is still a problem, most of the salvage is useless becuse its not something a lot toons need. So to me it looks like, it was never the intention with the rework to actually give ppl something they could, only to take the attention away from the zombie rework.

Rework the loot table again, and actually change so the loot that drop is what the majorty off the toons need, but thats properly not gone a happen.
  • Traya’s damage in phase 3 Tier 6 is still ridiculous. How in the hell can you justify her one shot killing GS12 CLS 9 turns before enrage. Just absolute garbage, and her sabers are still ridiculous gaining foresight far to regularly out of turn with no rhyme or reason.

Every other phase is great for Tier 6. No issues, almost enjoyable now.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    I enjoy reading answers to this question “Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?” You cannot receive better rewards as they did not increase rewards. They only increased the chance on the same rewards.

It's one of those survey questions intentionally written to get a certain response. In this case get people to say "yes" because they mistake getting better rewards by technicality as actually better rewards.

Namely we all technically earn better rewards than before because we can do higher tiers in a reasonable time frame. But if we considered rewards relative to time invested in str the answer is obviously "no" because you invest way less time in hpit/haat than str for loot drawn from the same tables. The question explicitly directs us not to consider the reward to time ratio for that reason.

Technically speaking, the only question that directly attempts to manipulate a specific answer is the last one (i.e. "How has your overall experience changed since the update?")

It automatically implies that your experience has, indeed, changed. Except that for guilds doing heroic, the incredible imbalance for rewards outside the top 10 is ridiculous and remained completely unchanged.

Ironically, for most, the change is that Heroic guilds are actually more frustrated precisely because that wasn't changed with the update. But we also realize such feedback is falling on deaf ears. As it has since August of 2017.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Technically speaking, the only question that directly attempts to manipulate a specific answer is the last one (i.e. "How has your overall experience changed since the update?")

It automatically implies that your experience has, indeed, changed. Except that for guilds doing heroic, the incredible imbalance for rewards outside the top 10 is ridiculous and remained completely unchanged.

Ironically, for most, the change is that Heroic guilds are actually more frustrated precisely because that wasn't changed with the update. But we also realize such feedback is falling on deaf ears. As it has since August of 2017.

True that is the overt one. But the reward one in question is indirectly trying to manipulate the answer by implying your completion time is reduced. The time/reward level is still objectively terrible relative to other raids, it's just a bit better than it was since more can do tier 4-6
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

True that is the overt one. But the reward one in question is indirectly trying to manipulate the answer by implying your completion time is reduced. The time/reward level is still objectively terrible relative to other raids, it's just a bit better than it was since more can do tier 4-6

Its says not including completion time but everyone seems to say “yes because it took less time”.

• What GP is your Guild? 145
    What tiers did your Guild try? Heroic
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? less than 12 depending on start time
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) not really, never full gear for top 10
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? NA
    Which change did you like the most? better JTR P1 score
    Which change did you like the least? Zombie nerf
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? no
  • Malvavisco MX

GP: 68,988,301

Niveles: 4, 5 y 6

Tiempo: De 4 a 5 dias

Recompensas: Si

Gremio: Es obvio que debemos mejorar

Cambios que gustan: La forma de predecir el aniquilar de Nihilus

Cambios que no gustan: ninguno

Percepción: Siento que hemos avanzado mejor
  • What GP is your Guild? 45 million

What tiers did your Guild try? 4-5

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 4 less than a day. 5 nearly a week (though we were a few guys short)

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Not especially

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? In the future, everything is possible. However, in the near future, no.

Which change did you like the most? Can be beaten in less than a year, T3 was obliterated in less than 3 hours once the changes were made.

Which change did you like the least? Nihilus is still a wall of tedium.

How has your overall experience changed since the update? Yes, I score less because everybody gets a turn.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • What GP is your Guild? about 18M - but, only about 10M active players
    What tiers did your Guild try? 3-4
    How long to complete those Tiers about a week, or 10 days ?
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Not sure, takes so long I forget what the rewards were.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Well, eventually we will get stronger I guess.
    Which change did you like the most? It does seem to go a bit better. Still awfully slow
    Which change did you like the least? Only change I noticed is that he has fewer hit points, and does seem to be more predictable in when the annihilate is coming.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? I think we are going back to Tier 3.
  • G12+ gears to all ranks please...
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • MonkeyPox
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What GP is your Guild? 58 mil
    What tiers did your Guild try? 5-6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 5 just a day or two, 6 well over a week
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) rewards are a little better
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? No, it will take a year or so before we could consider tier 6 or heroic. Because of this it’s hard to get guild participation in the Sith Raid beyond tier 4 and 5.
    Which change did you like the most? Making Nihilus a little more predictable and removing some of his HP
    Which change did you like the least? Tiers 6 and heroic are still almost completely unreachable by the vast majority of guilds.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update?
  • HSTR still not fun. endless restarting is still not the same as difficult, it is just annoying. Difficulty has nothing to do with RNG please discover the difference.
  • Heralds of Galactus-Guild gp 138million. Was doing tier 5 before at around 3 to 4 days. Now doing tier 6 in roughly the same time. Rewards are still less than desirable, therefore not really getting gear needed to get to the next level. The only thing better about it is the reduced health which in turn reduced amount of time invested. Nobody in guild cares for it at all. Have no clue at what point we'll try heroic again due to the fact only a select few chars are actually useable and a lot of them my fellow guildies either don't have or not interested in. Especially when it's deemed mandatory and necessary for this stinking pile of what you consider a raid. Thanks for trying but truly not impressed
  • Test
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    We are 35 million gp doing tier 5 in 4 days your raid is garbage we could shave 1 day if traya speed reset like its supposed to. Yes we all know when she takes 3 turns in a row she did not reset her speed in p4 . And no rewards were not better as you did not increase rewards only the chance at rewards @CG_SBCrumb
  • Wamp Rat Tavern

What GP is your Guild? 56mil
    What tiers did your Guild try? Before change, we were doing tier 3. After change, we are doing tier 5.
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Before change, about two weeks. After change, still about two weeks and it sucks that it takes so long but we are doing it that way because starting at tier 5 you get Guild Event Tokens which everyone in our guild needs badly.
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Yes, rewards are better. But it would be nice if there was a bigger gap of rewards between the top 3 spots. What's the point in trying to go for 1st place when there's such a minimal difference between the spots.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Incentive to participate is still an issue for us. So, no there isn't much room for growth.
    Which change did you like the most? Making it less frustrating when facing DN and Traya.
    Which change did you like the least? I liked all the changes. Definitely on the right track. Although, there still needs to be more changes. For us, the best change would be better rewards so players have incentive to participate.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? Not really, we just went from doing tier 3 to tier 5 but same situation. The biggest issue with us is still phase 1 and 4. It is not fun to play! I personally love phase 2 and 3 but dread doing phase 1 and 4. I love the concept of the Sith Raid but overall, there still needs to be some major changes to phase 1 and 4 to make it fun to play which would also lead to better participation.
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • Rewards are still garbage. Nothing appears to be getting done about it. My progress has almost come to a halt. App rating downgraded in the app store. I'd encourage people to follow suit. They don't appear to really pay attention here so change how you rate the app. A low enough score will get their attention I'm sure.
  • Having done the raid for a while I will say the rewards need to be massively improved. Doing tier 5 I get the same gear from haat but my guild can blow through haat in a matter of hours whereas tier 5 takes 4-5 days.

As far as I can tell the only difference is a paltry amount of guild event tokens but otherwise the gear and guild currency is the same. Whether the raid is too hard or not isn't really the issue now. What the problem is is that the rewards don't come close to reflecting the effort involved. Especially when the raid is designed so only very specific teams are effective which requires significant investment at any raid tier to do well.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Giving 1-2 of a lot of items is pointless. I earn more from that a day just farming hard nodes.

Would be far better to only get a few items but get 15-20 of them.

Drip feeding a lot of paltry amounts of rewards to make it look like there's a lot because the screen displays multiple pictures is such a cheap and aimless way to distribute rewards.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No going to type out the questions then the answers. To much effort for simple answers.

NO across the board.

The rewards are not equal to the tiers. Why because the time is longer to beat those tiers. So for us in the lower guilds its not doing us any favors. We can do Heroic Haat in a day and get far better rewards then the nonsense given to use for suffering through 4 and 5.

Sure for 150+ gp guilds its great. News Flash it wasn't a problem for them before the rework. The same with the ones already farming Traya and G12 pieces or at the least was farming T6 getting ready for Heroic.

The P1 Nihilius phase is still ridiculous with his protection regen. I also don't have the hard data but the damage seems to be increased even with the health lowered. Besides even with the health reduction it still is a ridiculous mind numbing grind.

P4 the same way. Traya purposefully targets certain toons right off the bat. No I don't have a hard evidence but if every time I bring a healer toon she goes right after that one almost all the time. The same with certain other toons. Then the sabers seem to have had their damage increased. CG also made a big deal about infinite loops but I guess this doesn't apply the Traya and her sabers when she starts throwing them over and over again until the target toon is dead.

In short all CG did was smoke and mirrors us. They changed certain things but increased other things so the status quo remained the same. This rework did nothing to really help the lower guilds build up to the higher tiers and heroic because the rewards doesn't even give enough of what is needed to gear the toons required.

You can see from this post that most that are happy with the change is almost exclusively high gp guilds. The lower guilds are still suffering from this dumpster fire of a raid. Maybe one day CG will wake up and see this....lol what am I saying they already know how bad the raid is and how much destruction it has dkne to this game since it's inception.

Wake up CG! Your whales are already farming traya and bringing other whales into farm traya up. Others are leaving and going to lower guilds so they can farm G12 pieces.

All you have done is do nothing but steadily widen the widen the gap further and further between the top and the bottom. At this rate there wont be a middle ground player just the top and bottom and no in between.

Do us all a favor and get your stuff together CG you have fumbled the ball non stop since introduction STR and events following it. Keep on this current rate and this train wreck will be spectacular.

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    <<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes!

We launched a ton of changes to the Sith Triumvirate recently and we want to know how it went for you! Did your Guild manage to step up to the next tier? Are you completing the raids faster?

These changes were overshadowed a bit by some other big announcements (looking at you Chewie...) but we want to check in now that you have had some time to play with the changes. We are still monitoring how Guilds are progressing in this raid but we want to hear directly from you!

Here are the patch notes for reference.
    • What GP is your Guild?
    • What tiers did your Guild try?
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    • Which change did you like the most?
    • Which change did you like the least?
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update?

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

Guild GP.: 154E6
    Highest tier : heroic on farm only tried tier 6 once after the changes
    Completion time : roughly a day.. P3 is a horrible rng drag and noone wants to fight it...
    Rewards : a bit better, but gear is still meh beyond rank 10
    Growth : already at heroic.. We can shorten it though but what's the point when tickets are the problem.
    Best change : p1 is much more tolerable now
    Worst change : p3 still sucks of rng and traya going 50 times in a row.
    Overall : better, however it could hardly get any worse. P3 a me want to quit the game when I have to retreat 50 times just to set up my team.. Then have rng screw up my results.. Doing 50% damage compared to last run even though you do everything right after 50 requests is just bad design and frustrating.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    • What GP is your Guild? 137M
    • What tiers did your Guild try? T4-Heroic
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? We aimed for 2d. When it dropped below this, we went up a tier.
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? Yes
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Just started heroic, nih change definitely helped here
    • Which change did you like the most? Change to nihilus basic
    • Which change did you like the least? P3 is now the top RNG-retreatfest :)
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update? Generally positive, though participation has not increased much as a result. Now that we're running heroic that may change, and part of that was made possible due to the changes to nih.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • What GP is your Guild? Current -67 mill (63 million when changes hit)
    What tiers did your Guild try? We were doing tier 4, hit tier 5 and then did 6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Tier 5 2-3 days, tier 6 4-5 days
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? Yes and no, higher tiers but if not in top 10, meh
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? No, we are throwing everything at phases 1 and 4, without daily resets, no way. Need double the GP right now to bother with heroic. So doubt we will ever see it
    Which change did you like the most? Reduced health
    Which change did you like the least? Still feels like a chore
    How has your overall experience changed since the update?
  • My guild moved up to tier 6.
  • I cant believe you guys are actually still posting on this. You really believe they are even reading this anymore? Nevertheless going to act in regards to what the community wants out of it. Delusional.
  • Liklik113 wrote: »
    Im telling u bonds of weakness is not right please check it out cant be depleting health on a g12 toon with medpac after 9 stacks please check. Leave the marquees for a sec and check sith raid especially traya.

I assume you are speaking of Tier 6 Traya 1 shot killing GK or CLS with the multiple 35k saber toss she does 3 turns into the game?
  • Guild: The Republic

GP: 146 million

Tier: heroic

Completion time: 2-3 hours

Gear improved?: yes, a little. Top ten doesn’t get much better g12+ gear than anyone else, unfortunately.

Best change: Nihilus cooldown reduction. Makes things more predictable. Probably wasn’t necessary, though. I rarely needed to restart a run due to timing unbreakable Will wrong.

Changes needed: TENACITY! The thing that always has me restarting is the inability to apply speed down with JTR to start p1. Also, not being able to rely on debuffs at all takes such an important game element out of the raid entirely. I am ok with the stacking tenacity, and having to time your debuffs, but their starting tenacity is so high that using a debuff at the start of the raid bosses turn doesn’t make it much easier to apply effects. And p3 requires so many restarts, it’s crazy.