Last tier of Luke’s Hero’s Journey

Porg
20 posts Member
After about 6 tries, I haven’t been able to beat the last tier of Luke Skywalker’s Hero’s Journey. My characters keep getting annihilated by the stormtroopers, and I’m beginning to suspect that there’s something amiss. Do I need to upgrade my characters or just pray that the RNG works out?

Gear X Han, Gear IX Leia, Gear VIII Farmboy Luke, and Gear X R2-D2, all modded accordingly

Replies

• Options
    Your gear levels look fine. I did it barely with Gear VI R2 and Gear IX for the rest (speed of 224 on Leia and R2), but it took a few tries. Did you start battle 3 of the last tier with all cooldowns reset?
  • Options
    I did it with G10 R2, G9 Han, G9 Leia, G8 Luke.

I had crap mods on at first and couldn’t do it so I swapped some arena mods with speed on to leia and Luke and put some health mods on Han and it was a breeze. (Left R2 with his mods which were all health ones, no speed)

Use R2 and Luke to stun the troopers with highest TM and save Hans taunt until the final round to give Leia and Luke all the extra TM. (Stealth Leia so she gets offense up).

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Spam Leia's stealth too. You'll get a turn right after anyway, but whenever it's off cooldown hit it again.
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    I found saving hans taunt until last group did it for me. Or else he just took unnecessary damage and couldn’t take the hits and feed leia when it mattered.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If you get to the final round with at least full health on everyone you should make it. Used smokescreen and left Han out with foresight. Survived a bunch of shots. Luke and Leia took out the two taunting ones.

Han was the only one dead at the end. R2 in the red.

G8 requires tons of speed on Leia and R2. G9 you could probably make do with average mods.

I have the final tier recorded on my winning attempt. All G8. Great speed on Leia and R2, well over 200. About 165 ish on Han/Luke.
  • Options
    I did it by exactly same gears with you.
    Han’s Mods: Arrow Triangle Cross Circle should be 23.5% Prot. With his taunt, all allies get a bonus TM. That’s very important.
    R2: Speed and Potency
    Leia: Speed and Crit.Dm
    Luke: Crit.Dm and Potency

Focus on those when you modes them.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm struggling with this tier. I'm assuming my speed is way too low on Luke. But everyone else seems pretty good.

ST Han: G9 lvl 80

Farmboy: G9 lvl 80

Leia: G9 lvl 80

R2: G8 lvl 80

https://swgoh.gg/squads/108225/
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Leia and R2 need to be up well over 200. I put CD/CC on Leia. Speed and Potency on R2. No omegas on R2. First two omegas on Luke and Leia. Only Hans basic Omega.

All G8.

Don't taunt at all with Han until final round. Smokescreen R2 in round one, don't use any specials in round 2 except Leia's stealth. Use it EVERY chance it's available.

G9 should be much easier so it's coming down to mods only.

For Han go either 6x Heath mods or 6x defence mods. He's your sponge. Make the arrow, triangle, cross and circle ALL either health or protection primaries.

Final round I waited until someone was about to go yellow health then threw up smokescreen targeting Han and then taunted with him on his next turn.

Use Han as lead. People recommend Leia but the two taunting troopers have critical hit immunity right off the bat so hers is wasted on that.