Matchmaking gets worst every time

We're a 126M PG Guild, and from the moment we passed the 100M we have never, Never, NEVER faced a guild with a lower PG than ours, being honest we have more wins than defeats, but is really demotivating that we always face someone with superior GP, every time the difference increases, started with 3-5M, then 10M and for the past couple of months we are always facing guilds with at least 20M GP difference, so obviously we are on a defeat streak which is totally demotivating our members, and last one got ridiculous with a delta of 30M, we faced "Unionize the Jawas" and we're "SW Halcones Galacticos"

We haven't been able to start farming Traya, which will make it worst, with this delta on PG we will start facing Traya walls soon and will make it impossible to win.

I hope someone is really looking at this and fix it soon! I can understand that sometimes the formula can go wrong, but I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying that from the 100M PG we haven't faced a lower PG Guild ever and the delta between our rivals and ours keeps getting bigger everytime, so something is really wrong here!

Lets see what today's TW brings...

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182579/territory-war-matchmaker#latest

there is a post for this which the devs are taking notes from and looking in to
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182579/territory-war-matchmaker#latest

there is a post for this which the devs are taking notes from and looking in to

Thanks, already posted there as well
  • Utini!
  • Nice to see us Jawa's getting called out for giving peeps a bad time.
  • There is no system of matchmaking that is "fair". Clash of clans have been trying for 4 years and it is still just as bad as it always was. Arbitrally choosing factors to match guilds on will always mean some win a lot and some lose a lot. And also guilds will start to exploit the factors chosen to get easier matches. It shouldn't be the case that gearing people up or unlocking Revan means your guild gets harder matches. But it also shouldn't be the case that unlocking every character and having no high gear characters does either.

I think the only way to get good matches is to put guilds in leagues. Then it could be something like if you win 3 in a row in a league you get promoted and if you lose 3 in a row you get relegated. The rewards go up as you move up the leagues instead of being based on galactic power. Galactic power could be used to set the starting league for each guild.

By the way, my guild is around 50 million power and we nearly always win, but I would rather try taking on higher guilds for higher rewards than constantly hammering everyone. Typically in most matches our opponents don't get through our first zone and we get to the back in 2 places. We have certain teams (nightsister, cls and bastila teams mostly) in our first zones that generally don't get beaten or even have any health/protection off after 10+ battles.
  • There is no system of matchmaking that is "fair". Clash of clans have been trying for 4 years and it is still just as bad as it always was. Arbitrally choosing factors to match guilds on will always mean some win a lot and some lose a lot. And also guilds will start to exploit the factors chosen to get easier matches. It shouldn't be the case that gearing people up or unlocking Revan means your guild gets harder matches. But it also shouldn't be the case that unlocking every character and having no high gear characters does either.

I think the only way to get good matches is to put guilds in leagues. Then it could be something like if you win 3 in a row in a league you get promoted and if you lose 3 in a row you get relegated. The rewards go up as you move up the leagues instead of being based on galactic power. Galactic power could be used to set the starting league for each guild.

By the way, my guild is around 50 million power and we nearly always win, but I would rather try taking on higher guilds for higher rewards than constantly hammering everyone. Typically in most matches our opponents don't get through our first zone and we get to the back in 2 places. We have certain teams (nightsister, cls and bastila teams mostly) in our first zones that generally don't get beaten or even have any health/protection off after 10+ battles.

I don't see how leagues would work. A 50m GP guild doesn't stand a chance vs a 120m GP guild eventhough they might be way better at TW. So basically you keep winning untill you reach a point where the GP disadvantage is too big to even have a chance of winning. At that point skill, dedication and roster development (prioritizing the best performing teams) mean nothing anymore, which would make it a match that is currently considered a mismatch.
  • @thorntree99 we’ll keep that win streak going once you busy 100m gp you’ll find your a small fish in a bigger pond. Also when you hit 160m expect a lot of loses. “There is always a bigger fish”
  • Yes we would eventually get to a point where we could not win, but I doubt we could get promoted to the point of being against 120 million guilds! The point is we don't get close matches now. And if the algorithm doesn't change we will continue to get similar matches.

Don't get me wrong, it is quite fun winning all the time, but I doubt it is much fun for our opponents. We have a high range of galactic powers. I have 3.6 million and every single character at 6000 power or more except Traya and Revan. Down to people around level 75 who have 2 or 3 teams to contribute. I think the big spread is the reason we do well. A team with 50 people around 1 million power each would stand no chance at all against us. It seems to me the best way to match guilds is based on who they can and can't beat.

This way your skill would determine your reward more than it does now because you still get rewards for losing. If we moved up the bands by winning then we would get better rewards losing to 100 million+ guilds than winning where we are now. I'm not actually bothered about the rewards to be honest, but I'd rather have the challenge of better matches.
  • @thorntree99 in my current guild we all enter but minimal effort to win its like ehh if you want to win fight if not then cool. Get decent rewards when your over 160m so we don’t care. Tb is main focus