Gearing guide for Possible JKL event

I have CLS, Han, Hyoda, Lando and R2 at G12. Chewy, CHS and ROLO at G8. Anybody else im not thinking of other than the latter 3 that I need to start gearing up?

Replies

• Options
    I would suggest gear hoarding for now. It's not certain when JKL will be coming into the game. He could be December, he could be much, MUCH farther out...so really, if you HAVE to gear someone out of that group, gear Chewy as he's quite a useful character. You can gear hoard as much gear as you'd need to take all of those to G12, and then gear up whatever you'd regularly like to. Otherwise, gear up what you'd need for them AND what you'd need to take the Kotor characters to G11 or G12 (if at 7-Star) and then you'd have a lot of wiggle room to net you whatever the game throws at you later. It'll however take a lot of time and patience and assumes that you don't have other critical toons to worry about right now.
  • Options
    Hoard. Prepare for anything.
  • Options
    Should almost certainly expect chewie instead of Lando. Probably also no r2 this time. We will see.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    So uh, possible dumb question: did CG ever explicitly state that "Jedi Knight Luke" would be in the game at some point? It seems like every third thread is some kind of speculation about him, but I haven't seen any references to a source for the information.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rara
    26 posts Member
    Options
    The next Luke event lilkely will follow Episode V. Luke is not a Jedi yet, he left Degoba before he completed his training. Luke Jedi Training is the next stage.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    So uh, possible dumb question: did CG ever explicitly state that "Jedi Knight Luke" would be in the game at some point? It seems like every third thread is some kind of speculation about him, but I haven't seen any references to a source for the information.

I dont think they have confirmed it, usually they do not confirm any character til they have officially released the kit or some video content to a game changer or something. So no, not confirmed, just assumed....
  • Options
    Unlikely, I would think. CLS is that version of Luke.
  • Options

CG doesn’t explicitly say anything until the last second, so speculation is all we have.

What we do know is that it is clear the CLS event is the first step in Luke’s journey. Implying there are more.

What we also know is there has been a ton of ESB content put in the game in the last year. Look at TB and the characters there. It’s no coincidence that CLS comes out then boom ESB content, the next stage in Luke’s journey.

Additionally remember that CG has a long term plan for this game at least a couple years out. Think about the timing of R2-> CLS and Phoenix->thrawn->chimera and bb8/vets-> JTR. These are methodical.

A legendary character like Chewbacca who is a main hero in the universe is not randomly dropped into this game. Nor is it a coincidence that Bossk and all this BH content came then Chewbacca requires BH.

This isn’t conspiracy theory stuff. It’s evidence based speculation. To pat myself on the back, I posted on reddit six months ago that BH would be required for Chewbacca and he’s required for the next Luke version. Im not the only one to see this and it’s not blind luck.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    JKL event will likely be harder than the chewie event. Better plan on G12, 6 dot mods and zetas for required characters. It’s safe to assume this will be the case moving forward for any legendary release. Revan and JKL will certainly be bigger than Chewie.
  • Options
    Hoth han to find him after his kenobi vision, maybe R2d2 and hyoda to confront a false Vader in a degoba cut, han Chewie and 3po (TBA) and maybe hoth liea to make a rouse with the real Vader, jus before CLS confronts Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will we have.
  • Options
    I don’t know why so many people are talking about JKL. KOTOR are what you should be farming, most likely for a Malak legendary, with a Darth Revan villain’s journey soon after.

Chewie will be required, with a selection of others, to get the OG Falcon ship, and maybe Luke further down the line.

JKL has been the most anticipated character since day one, they won’t rush him out, especially not when they have Revan to set the meta for the next few months.

Luke just doesn’t make sense right now. KOTOR is the focus.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I don’t know why so many people are talking about JKL. KOTOR are what you should be farming,

Luke just doesn’t make sense right now. KOTOR is the focus.
    Yeah. He's right on the mark.
  • Options
    Rara wrote: »
    The next Luke event lilkely will follow Episode V. Luke is not a Jedi yet, he left Degoba before he completed his training. Luke Jedi Training is the next stage.

That's who CLS is.
  • Options
    mcshant wrote: »
    It is not JKL it would be master luke. Luke from ep vi. He is in the cover art. He will be coming, we just have no idea when

Jedi Knight Luke is the one in the artwork. Jedi Master Luke is from the new trilogy
  • Options

How about the loading screen?