What's new this Friday?

Prev1
I read the post about C3PO speculation and in one response, it said wait until Friday. Are we getting an update later tonight? I think the devs and mods can provide some information here on SWGOH forums, instead of people finding it on reddit.

Replies

• Options
    Its prob just a hint like the puzzle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We have no information yet. Hints go out in many forms, they will not always be here.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We have no information yet. Hints go out in many forms, they will not always be here.

Where can they be then ?
    all social networks ?

Thank you.
  • Options
    @Kyno I agree with many forms but not many FORUMS. Tweeting, blogging, emailing, texting are different forms of communication. However, if there is a dedicated forum website (which you mods are efficiently maintaining), then I think its an insult to your efforts, if things are being posted on reddit or other websites
  • Options
    Sthenos wrote: »
    @Kyno I agree with many forms but not many FORUMS. Tweeting, blogging, emailing, texting are different forms of communication. However, if there is a dedicated forum website (which you mods are efficiently maintaining), then I think its an insult to your efforts, if things are being posted on reddit or other websites

Agreed. I can see gamechangers being a semi-okay avenue as CG promotes them and they promote CG but other places like reddit don't make sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is more to this community than the forum.

Any hints or communication they do is awesome and it shouldnt matter where it is, as long as the community can see it. The goal is to keep the buzz, players talk to players, that's a good thing for the community.
  • Options
    I can't imagine another Legendary right after Chewie just happened. They seem to like to spread them out.

I could imagine some other way to get 3PO. For instance, pertaining to the "languages" hint:

A new feature in the game, accessible once per day. Player gets a line of text (or audio clip) of some non-English dialog from the movies, etc. and has 5 seconds to choose from a multiple-choice as to what the translation is.

Get it right: You earn 1 3PO shard, and another question. Get it wrong: That ends your run for the day.

Anyway, it would be interesting to get a new character with a different method from what we've seen.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Any hints or communication they do is awesome and it shouldnt matter where it is, as long as the community can see it. The goal is to keep the buzz, players talk to players, that's a good thing for the community.
    Might as well delete the forum. They don't share info here and any talks about the game get moved to the dead forum areas.

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Might as well delete the forum. They don't share info here and any talks about the game get moved to the dead forum areas.

How dare you speak that way to CGs hero.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My guess is that we will get info about the next KOTOR characters: Carth Onasi (scoundrel), Canderous Ordo (Bounty Hunter) and Juhani (Jedi).
  • Options
    I would expect the quarterly Road Ahead post. The last one was posted on July 5th.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe a hint that nothing's ahead?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    It is getting late in the old Europe !
    I want my week end hint @CG_SBCrumb please !

:-p
  • Options
    The hint was about "communication". You don't get the joke yet?
  • JoaK0
    19 posts Member
    Options
    What’s going on?? Still waiting !!! So hyped !!!
  • Options
    It's not C-3PO guys. You are all getting bent over the word "communication" when the word could refer to the type of hint that they give as opposed to a hint about a character
  • Options

New information should always go first in the OFFICIAL forum

• StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Says who?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No one is stopping you from going anywhere on the forum.
  • Options

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it is intended to go, but in this day and age leaks are very common.
  • Options

And yet here you are..... That's a head scratcher ain't it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It's not information. It's an obscure hint that fuels speculation. Which is kinda the opposite of official information
  • AresNO
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I'm not sure who exactly you're referring to when you say "they", but if you mean _official_ representatives of the game/company owning and/or maintaining/developing the game, they should stick to the _official_ forums when releasing any type of hints regarding upcoming content in or changes made to the game.
  • C3Peio
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I think the key is people are actually saying they haven't seen anything...
    I am fine with using any and all ways of communication to play the teasing game, but if no one sees it...
    Are you saying we should search deep in the forums, or that it may appear anywhere? I mean, has any hint been dropped already?
  • Options
    It’s pretty simple. If you own a product you can choose to promote it using as many venues as possible. Youtube, podcasts, Reddit, forums etc.

This game grossed $240 million dollars in 19 months. I’m pretty sure they know what they’re doing. And that’s why when I read comments that they should only communicate here... I laugh.
  • Affy
    64 posts Member
    Options
    It’s pretty simple. If you own a product you can choose to promote it using as many venues as possible. Youtube, podcasts, Reddit, forums etc.

This game grossed $240 million dollars in 19 months. I’m pretty sure they know what they’re doing. And that’s why when I read comments that they should only communicate here... I laugh.

Sounds like they got $1 for every time I miserably failed the Chewie event....

Whilst I don’t disagree with marketing as wide as possible, personally, I would expect to see official announcements on the official forums in the first instance. But I know CG do what they like, that’s why I’m keeping an eye on here, Reddit, YouTube in the hope that I’ll catch something as soon as they announce it.
  • Options
    Sometimes I try to imagine how someone playing this game and NEVER going on the forums, Reddit, Discord, etc. might perceive it. Could seem pretty random. OTOH, they'd probably have zero anxiety/**** over not getting info, events, etc. when they think they "should."
  • Options
    Heh. "b*tthurt" got censored.
  • Options
    To be fair the post every update and announcement in that section. But from a business point of view if I owned a game like this and the employees wanted to limit communication or exclusives to the this forum I would fire every single one of them or just start playing Marvel SF who limited communication to nothing.
  • Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    I can't imagine another Legendary right after Chewie just happened. They seem to like to spread them out.

I could imagine some other way to get 3PO. For instance, pertaining to the "languages" hint:

A new feature in the game, accessible once per day. Player gets a line of text (or audio clip) of some non-English dialog from the movies, etc. and has 5 seconds to choose from a multiple-choice as to what the translation is.

Get it right: You earn 1 3PO shard, and another question. Get it wrong: That ends your run for the day.

Anyway, it would be interesting to get a new character with a different method from what we've seen.

I don’t like that idea. There’s enough luck involved in this game.
This discussion has been closed.