Dark side toons to unlock jedi revan

Prev1
AA86
102 posts Member
Thoughts on needing dark side toons like hk47, sith assassin to unlock jedi revan?

Replies

• AA86 wrote: »
    Thoughts on needing dark side toons like hk47, sith assassin to unlock jedi revan?

I would say the chances of that are very slim. If you need toons to unlock, it'll be the ones with the old republic tag.
  • Which wouldn't make sense. None of the KoTOR characters met Revan until he turned to the Dark side, so why would we need them if they weren't around? They should release more Mandalorians and then they'd be required for Jedi Revan. Anything after that point, he's Darth.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Arcaver wrote: »
    Which wouldn't make sense. None of the KoTOR characters met Revan until he turned to the Dark side, so why would we need them if they weren't around? They should release more Mandalorians and then they'd be required for Jedi Revan. Anything after that point, he's Darth.

The canon version of Revan is lightside for the events of KotOR, where the OR toons currently in-game show up. They know him as a good guy.

Edit: and by canon, I mean within the context of KotOR. He's still not truly canon in current Star Wars.
  • Must've played a completely different game then whoever decided what was canon, cause in KoTOR my Revan was Darkside.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    Must've played a completely different game then whoever decided what was canon, cause in KoTOR my Revan was Darkside.

Revan was turned back to the light..... He will likely be a hero's jiurney, so light side makes sense....
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Darside path was never the canon in any star wars game. :D
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Revan was turned to the light and bastila was the main person who helped wipe is mind of all the dark... he then learns who he is from malak and you decide if you want to turn back to the dark or remain light.... I chose both in the game to see the different endings, so light makes complete sense.I am sure there will be a darth revan later on down the line as well
  • I think they will require 5 "old republic" characters at 5 stars minimum... so goodbye, see you in 6 months :-(
    (Too much farming lines to follow....)
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    If he is “Jedi Revan” we have always required the opposite faction to unlock a toon this would make no sense to have Old republic unlock him.... and how could it be a hero’s journey their is no base toon to make into a hero....
  • Requirement: Darth Traya 7, stars.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    If he is “Jedi Revan” we have always required the opposite faction to unlock a toon this would make no sense to have Old republic unlock him.... and how could it be a hero’s journey their is no base toon to make into a hero....

Grandmaster Yoda has a problem with your statement. Even though they're Heroes, Jedi Rey and CLS do too.

Grandmaster Yoda has a problem with your statement. Even though they're Heroes, Jedi Rey and CLS do too.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Old republic faction doesn't even have a leader. And they are all over the place 2 Jedi, 2 scoundrels and a Droid. So if this is going to be a legendary or hr they'll release some more characters first.
    But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a raid reward.
  • Zaxm wrote: »
    Old republic faction doesn't even have a leader. And they are all over the place 2 Jedi, 2 scoundrels and a Droid. So if this is going to be a legendary or hr they'll release some more characters first.
    But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a raid reward.

You unlock JTR with 3 resistance and two scoundrels, so how would this be any different?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Do you think it might be possible that:

We have 5 Old Republic LS characters. For Hero events we ALWAYS needed a legendary character, too.
    The Legendary characters have been farmed in the following pattern,

- BB-8 = First Order
    - Thrawn = Rebels (more specific Phoenix)
    - R2D2 = Empire characters
    - Yoda = Jedi team
    - Palp = Rebel
    - Chewie = Bounty Hunters

That makes 1 out of 6 events needed the adversary faction to unlock the toon.
    For Hero's Journeys we needed characters of the same faction (story driven scenarios) to unlock.

Do you think that we get a Yoda style legendary event with us unlocking Revan (Jedi) in the process with the characters from OR?
    Mission, T3-M4, Zaalbar, Jolee, Bastilla?

Do you think we get one of the "normal" scenarios in which we need the enemies to unlock him?
    Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper, HK-47?

From my experience standpoint, I assume we get the first. Why? Because $$$ and farming. Most people do have the Siths (excluding Traya) and HK-47. But they don't have the ones from the LS.
    My reasoning as to why it has to be a Legendary and not an Hero's event is, that so far, we always needed a legendary toon to unlock it as a wall. All the friends we have of Revan are already there and from the DS persepective there is no Legendary adversary either, just Traya behind the HSTR.

I assume we get 2 events with Revan, the first one being him unlocked as legendary toon with his friends from tOR. After that we either get our first Hero's Fall event to unlock Darth Revan or a legendary even for Darth Revan.
    (My subjective feeling is, that there are more Darth Revan fans, than Jedi Revan but fans would like both of them AAAAAND Darth Revan is TOO BIG a personality in the story to not appear and after reading a lot, if I am not mistaken, he's Jedi, turns Sith, is turned Jedi again but you get to choose at that point whether you wanna be Jedi or Sith after that? Would be nice if someone could clarify that for me ^^ - it's a looooong, loooooong read)
    Thus leaving us with 2 Revans, a not missed chance of what MAAAAAAAAANY players have voiced already - a dark side "Hero's Journey" event, whatever the name would be - and Revan fans would be doubly pleased as we got both versions of said toon.

Thoughts?
  • Cossin wrote: »

We have 5 Old Republic LS characters. For Hero events we ALWAYS needed a legendary character, too.

- BB-8 = First Order
    - Yoda = Jedi team
    - Palp = Rebel

For Hero's Journeys we needed characters of the same faction (story driven scenarios) to unlock.

Do you think that we get a Yoda style legendary event with us unlocking Revan (Jedi) in the process with the characters from OR?

Do you think we get one of the "normal" scenarios in which we need the enemies to unlock him?

From my experience standpoint, I assume we get the first. Why? Because $$$ and farming. Most people do have the Siths (excluding Traya) and HK-47. But they don't have the ones from the LS.
    My reasoning as to why it has to be a Legendary and not an Hero's event is, that so far, we always needed a legendary toon to unlock it as a wall. All the friends we have of Revan are already there and from the DS persepective there is no Legendary adversary either, just Traya behind the HSTR.

I assume we get 2 events with Revan, the first one being him unlocked as legendary toon with his friends from tOR. After that we either get our first Hero's Fall event to unlock Darth Revan or a legendary even for Darth Revan.
    (My subjective feeling is, that there are more Darth Revan fans, than Jedi Revan but fans would like both of them AAAAAND Darth Revan is TOO BIG a personality in the story to not appear and after reading a lot, if I am not mistaken, he's Jedi, turns Sith, is turned Jedi again but you get to choose at that point whether you wanna be Jedi or Sith after that? Would be nice if someone could clarify that for me ^^ - it's a looooong, loooooong read)
    Thus leaving us with 2 Revans, a not missed chance of what MAAAAAAAAANY players have voiced already - a dark side "Hero's Journey" event, whatever the name would be - and Revan fans would be doubly pleased as we got both versions of said toon.

Thoughts?

Seems legit.
  • If revan appears soon its old republic tag, which means add that tag to HK already!
    Does suck the old republic group doesnt have a group leader as Bastilla is Jedi only so only helps her and Jolee. Revan may be that leader but doesn't help in getting him.

Oh well hopefully will be able to unlock at 5*, no way of beyond that since my old republic are 3-5* atm
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Wow, that is some excellent theory crafting. I’m for it.

- BB-8 = First Order
    - Yoda = Jedi team
    - Palp = Rebel

Thoughts?

I look at the puzzle, and it is clearly shaped like a Christmas tree with a present under it..... Likely a. December event..... They aren't going to throw us 2-3 months advanced warning for a simple legendary.... We got what, a week for Chewie?

Revan is one of the most requested toons in the game. .... Second only to Jedi Luke.. My money is on a heroes journey style event involving kotor toons ..

Do you remember Talzin appearance? 5 NS were needed.....
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I look at the puzzle, and it is clearly shaped like a Christmas tree with a present under it..... Likely a. December event..... They aren't going to throw us 2-3 months advanced warning for a simple legendary.... We got what, a week for Chewie?

Revan is one of the most requested toons in the game. .... Second only to Jedi Luke.. My money is on a heroes journey style event involving kotor toons ..

I thought the same too at first, but I believe - correct me if I am mistaken - that we always had the legendary toon twice before Hero's Journey style of event. The first one around a couple months before it actually hits us and then shortly before with a slight overlap. For both versions we'd still miss the legendary toon.
    I believe people got stuck too much on that last fading "hero" in the video. Yet, it also clearly states "A legend from the Old Republic has emerged" AND it actually states both of his sides in bright, golden letters as well LS Savior and Hero, DS Conquerer and Villain. The Hero keeping standing could mean many things in my opinion. It could mean we get his LS version first. It could also mean because it disappears AFTER we've seen those descriptions that there will be a Hero's Journey style event with both or either one.

And as you said, Revan is probably second only to Luke Skywalker (at least according to a massive vocal group in social media) I think they would spoil it for either faction of Revan lovers if they'd miss the opportunity to introduce both in the game and is there ANYONE as destined to be a candidate for a "Villain's Rise" event than Darth Revan? The person that is responsible for the Jedi Civil War AND is actually mentioned in the acursed - yet sadly canon - pile of contemporary, political debate turned Star Wars "Episode 8" (In Luke's hut is a red crystal pendant that is mentioned as "fragmented Sith lightsaber crystal" and it is a "recovered Jedi Crusader pendant" the first and foremost Jedi Crusader was Revan who turned Sith. With that nudge form the official side it's not too hard a stretch to assume we will see him at some point sooner or later.
    They deemed this story arc important enough for being an object in the official canon even if they might alter it slightly (as they do with a lot things from the EU) and something that Luke studied (Jedi - turns Sith - turns Jedi again... rings a bell? #Vader)

Update:
    One more thing I found:
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
    ―Darth Malak

Neutral character and almost direct quote? If this is his Jedi version we will get a neutral one? Darth Revan being the neutral version that can be played on both sides? Would be something entirely new as well and it would somewhat fit his character!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I didn’t know much about Revan, but over the past few months I’ve learned so much. That pendant crystal in Luke’s hut in episode 8 was a reference to a Revan like character. Awesome, keep up the great info.
    This character will add a lot more fun to the game. And I absolutely love the reveal CG /EA did. Fantastic.
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I thought the same too at first, but I believe - correct me if I am mistaken - that we always had the legendary toon twice before Hero's Journey style of event. The first one around a couple months before it actually hits us and then shortly before with a slight overlap. For both versions we'd still miss the legendary toon.
    I believe people got stuck too much on that last fading "hero" in the video. Yet, it also clearly states "A legend from the Old Republic has emerged" AND it actually states both of his sides in bright, golden letters as well LS Savior and Hero, DS Conquerer and Villain. The Hero keeping standing could mean many things in my opinion. It could mean we get his LS version first. It could also mean because it disappears AFTER we've seen those descriptions that there will be a Hero's Journey style event with both or either one.

And as you said, Revan is probably second only to Luke Skywalker (at least according to a massive vocal group in social media) I think they would spoil it for either faction of Revan lovers if they'd miss the opportunity to introduce both in the game and is there ANYONE as destined to be a candidate for a "Villain's Rise" event than Darth Revan? The person that is responsible for the Jedi Civil War AND is actually mentioned in the acursed - yet sadly canon - pile of contemporary, political debate turned Star Wars "Episode 8" (In Luke's hut is a red crystal pendant that is mentioned as "fragmented Sith lightsaber crystal" and it is a "recovered Jedi Crusader pendant" the first and foremost Jedi Crusader was Revan who turned Sith. With that nudge form the official side it's not too hard a stretch to assume we will see him at some point sooner or later.
    They deemed this story arc important enough for being an object in the official canon even if they might alter it slightly (as they do with a lot things from the EU) and something that Luke studied (Jedi - turns Sith - turns Jedi again... rings a bell? #Vader)

Update:
    One more thing I found:
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
    ―Darth Malak

Neutral character and almost direct quote? If this is his Jedi version we will get a neutral one? Darth Revan being the neutral version that can be played on both sides? Would be something entirely new as well and it would somewhat fit his character!

You are correct that we are missing the legendary character piece of the puzzle ... Keep in mind, there is a glaring open spot in the calendar this month...... Malak perhaps?

Being a character that walked between the dark and the light, his journey could easily have stages in it where you fight with both sides.....

I don't see them having light side Revan fight dark side Revan to unlock him..... But I could see a toon that has a leadership that has benefits for Jedi and benefits for sith, kind of like how Palp has different benefits for sith and empire......

Imagine running a mixed team under Revan of Revan, Bastila, Yoda, Palp, Vader...... How cool would that be?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I just keep pondering. If Darth Malak would be indeed coming, he most likely would be a legendary, I think? Needing the Old Republic toons to unlock. If that would be true, we would have our Darth Revan „Villain‘s Rise/ Hero‘s Fall“ event:

Darth Revan beats Darth Malak in a duel, just to be substituted by the Triumivirate in the end sorry false info! As I said I am not 100% on Revan, I fear. He was overpowered by Darth Malgus after Lord Scourge invaded his mind with ease .
    Needing Sith to unlock Darth Revan makes MUCH more sense now. With Malak we‘d have 4 farmable OR Sith and ONE legendary (I still don‘t believe they‘d make Traya a must have. Just earns no money, she‘s just out there and unreachable for a massive amount of people for quite a very long while!). With a legendary Darth Malak on the other hand, we‘d actually have 5 Sith that more or less all have to do with his timeline AND himself. We could actually follow him and Malak in forming the Sith Empire...?!

Anyone else has ideas? No matter what and how we get a Hero‘s Journey-style event, we‘d need a story arc to follow resulting in Jedi Revan or Darth Revan, maybe even both.

(Oh! And I‘m just wants put this out there: if the LS gets Jedi Revan and we get the Tentandrake-whateveritsnameis Wampa-style... I‘ll be royaly......)
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I would imagine he will have an ability similar to CLS that immediately gives him 100% tm... But in addition will change his tags. So he could swap between Darth revan and Jedi revan and his abilities would change depending on which side he selects.

Or it could be more like l337 where as he uses the ability he gets stronger and gains both dark side and light side abilities.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I would think the darkside sith (nihilus, sion, assassin, trooper, marauder, hk?) would get the legendary (chewbacca level difficulty I imagine), then the OR crew with legendary for heroes journey. Time to farm everything!

Did Revan actually ever meet Sion and Nihilus? HK-47? Marauders and Assassins could be enemies and companions, depending where you are in the story... again, I am purely speculation based on what little knowledge I have. I can only tell so far that he was Traya's pupil. Whether he met or even fought the others of the Triumvirate, I don't know...

IF he'd be indeed a Hero's Journey and we'd unlock him with toons of the same faction. (Also makes most sense in the way they did them so far - retelling the story of how CLS and Rey became the heroes they are)
    The problem I see with the LS toons is this (as I have only skimmed his relationships):
    Zaalbar, Jolee, Mission are "just" random people he encountered and befriended. There's not "Crew" that's journeying together, besides him T3-M4 and to some extend Bastilla as far as I know!
    Where would be the story telling in that?
    Fights 1 or 2 versus 5 would be annoying and probably way to hard. Then what would we be fighting against? How'd he become the "hero" there? <- I am honestly asking! As I said, I haven't played the game!

A "Villain's Rise" storyline seems (to my knowledge) closer at hand and included a MAJOR turning point in the Old Republic storyline - his fall leading to the Great Jedi Civil-War, that made way for Revan's Sith Empire, getting also rid of the Triumvirate. With some stretch and no more new toons (besides an assumed Darth Malak) I think the DS toons are more in line with the actual story than the random encounters of the LS.

I would think the darkside sith (nihilus, sion, assassin, trooper, marauder, hk?) would get the legendary (chewbacca level difficulty I imagine), then the OR crew with legendary for heroes journey. Time to farm everything!

IF he'd be indeed a Hero's Journey and we'd unlock him with toons of the same faction. (Also makes most sense in the way they did them so far - retelling the story of how CLS and Rey became the heroes they are)
    The problem I see with the LS toons is this (as I have only skimmed his relationships):
    Zaalbar, Jolee, Mission are "just" random people he encountered and befriended. There's not "Crew" that's journeying together, besides him T3-M4 and to some extend Bastilla as far as I know!
    Fights 1 or 2 versus 5 would be annoying and probably way to hard. Then what would we be fighting against? How'd he become the "hero" there? <- I am honestly asking! As I said, I haven't played the game!

A "Villain's Rise" storyline seems (to my knowledge) closer at hand and included a MAJOR turning point in the Old Republic storyline - his fall leading to the Great Jedi Civil-War that made way for Revan's Sith Empire.

Ummm..... Bastila and Revan were married.....
  • Nothing stopping them from doing a legendary carth later this month and then returning him early in December in time for the journey.

Did Revan actually ever meet Sion and Nihilus? HK-47? Marauders and Assassins could be enemies and companions, depending where you are in the story... again, I am purely speculation based on what little knowledge I have. I can only tell so far that he was Traya's pupil. Whether he met or even fought the others of the Triumvirate, I don't know...

A "Villain's Rise" storyline seems (to my knowledge) closer at hand and included a MAJOR turning point in the Old Republic storyline - his fall leading to the Great Jedi Civil-War, that made way for Revan's Sith Empire, getting also rid of the Triumvirate. With some stretch and no more new toons (besides an assumed Darth Malak) I think the DS toons are more in line with the actual story than the random encounters of the LS.

You admitted your knowledge is poor about revan and you present wrong facts.
    All 5 with old republic tag were legit crew, more legit than those in Force Awakens with rey. HK-47 also belonged to them.
    "What would we be fightning against?" You didn't played the game but it is presented in the game so :sweat_smile: you can check it by yourself on youtube or fandom wiki, main villain is Malak.
    btw Revan has nothing to do with "getting rid of the Triumvirate" as he was absent during this time