Weekly Shipments need an upgrade

Prev1
Putting the Revan confirmation aside for a second...weekly shipments are very lackluster I must say. The gear they offer for credits has been awful the last couple weeks, the ally point purchases should have been omegas only but have been rotating in purple mats (really?...) and the crystal offerings are ridiculously expensive.
I think the way it should be set up is have three gear slots at the current credit price. Make them exclusively Mk5 cuffs, mk3 carbantis and stun guns (or gold eyeball components). The ally points should be at 75k but have two of them, one offering 5 omegas, the other offering 2 zetas.
For character shards offer the shards just released into hard nodes there at a discount. The usual rate is 80 crystal per shard. Instead maybe do 50 crystals per shard. So 20 for 1000 crystals?
Just an idea since they’ve been pretty lack luster.

Replies

• Options
    They'll change in a week or two. Just like they did the last couple times. Complaining about it won't change anything.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    It's a p2p shop to squeeze more money out of those who want to get ahead quicker.

They won't change until the numbers tell them they need to change.
  • Options
    They'll change in a week or two. Just like they did the last couple times. Complaining about it won't change anything.

Actually complaints are the only way things get changed around here. Accepting the status quo is how players suffer and eventually are forced to quit
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    It's a p2p shop to squeeze more money out of those who want to get ahead quicker.

Last I checked there is stuff in there for free currency. Also not sure why everyone acts like people are forced to spend money on crystals....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Last I checked there is stuff in there for free currency. Also not sure why everyone acts like people are forced to spend money on crystals....

That is useless for most. The gear for credits should be exclusively cuffs, guns and carbs. The ally points should offer omegas and zetas. It’s a weekly refresh. You mean to tell me that 25 cuffs, guns and carbs a week is going to break the game? Or an extra 5 omegas and 2 zetas a week? Cmon now.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

That is useless for most. The gear for credits should be exclusively cuffs, guns and carbs. The ally points should offer omegas and zetas. It’s a weekly refresh. You mean to tell me that 25 cuffs, guns and carbs a week is going to break the game? Or an extra 5 omegas and 2 zetas a week? Cmon now.

Is there a green dot by the non-crystal gear? Then someone needs it and it’s annoying to farm 25 mkX taggle whatevers. Buying them for a million or so credits is a huge boost. Same for the mkX goggle things. I got two ship omegas for credits. All told, I spent less than I get from a credit heist on an average week. I need stun cuffs more right now—and they’ve been in there in the past—but you truly do need everything. If all it was was stun cuffs, you’d be irritated that you had to farm 50 taggles or goggles for +5 tactics or +3% potency on down the line.

An extra 5 omegas is enormous. For a free player that’s an increase of 70% over what you can expect to get each week.

As for the stuff you get with crystals in the weekly shipments, do the math—they cost the same as if they were in the regular shipment store, the only difference is wuantity. You get Bossk or Bastilla or Embo or whoever at 5 shards for 400 crystals. Now check the weekly store and you see you get 25 for 2000. Both are 80 per shard.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Seriously Kyno....

26 crystal purchase items versus 4 "alternatives" and prices that a larger portion of players would need to save for a week to buy 1-2 items at most.

I have no problem with a p2p store, that's what funds the game, but don't shovel me mud and call it ice cream here. We all know the target market for this store.
  • Options
    I don't usually comment about things like this but honestly, I like this week and last week's offerings. I needed both of the credit gears for BH and other characters I'm working on and honestly wished I could have refreshed the store for the Mk. 9 Neruo-Saav salvage because I had to farm the other half I needed for Dengar. I'm also honestly tempted to pick up one of the 2k credit character purchases to get me started on KOTR characters that I've been neglecting a bit for finishing up Solo characters or for gear farming last week for my Dengar/Greedo whom both were at g9 when the Chewie event started and are both now g11.

So while you might not need what's on offer, don't assume that no one does is what I'm saying.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly? I wish there was a way to buy all low level gear that the vast majority of toons(if not all of them) use, in massive quantities, so you don't need to ever waste energy farming them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Seriously Kyno....

26 crystal purchase items versus 4 "alternatives" and prices that a larger portion of players would need to save for a week to buy 1-2 items at most.

I have no problem with a p2p store, that's what funds the game, but don't shovel me mud and call it ice cream here. We all know the target market for this store.

the pricing for all the crystal stuff is exactly the same as any other store its just larger quantities, that if you work out to a week vs multiple purchases from the individual stores makes no difference, except someone who wants to can buy in bulk ( this would include anyone saving crystals from in game stuff)

the other slots are great and use common currency. how is this not a good thing?
  • Options
    I wish i could get the omegas every week for ally points and credits. I need them more than ship omegas or reinforcement materials or M3 ABILITY MATS.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm pretty content on the way the weekly shipment is currently. None of the gear has been bad and the stuff offered is what you normally get from daily rotations but without the RNG of hoping the toon you want pops up.
  • Options
    Haruk wrote: »
    Honestly? I wish there was a way to buy all low level gear that the vast majority of toons(if not all of them) use, in massive quantities, so you don't need to ever waste energy farming them.

There is. It's called checking shipments every time it refreshes, scroll down, buy gear. It's not massive quantities, but over time it is.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Seriously Kyno....

the pricing for all the crystal stuff is exactly the same as any other store its just larger quantities, that if you work out to a week vs multiple purchases from the individual stores makes no difference, except someone who wants to can buy in bulk ( this would include anyone saving crystals from in game stuff)

the other slots are great and use common currency. how is this not a good thing?

Never said it was a good or bad thing, feel free to quote me otherwise.

Simply said that it's primary function is to be a p2p store for people who want to get ahead quicker (which is what should happen when people spend) not as a new stream of gear/shards etc for f2p or lower spenders.

Like I said, got no problem with that, it's what funds the game, but it is what it is and trying to tell me it's something else i is going to get us going in circles.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Seriously Kyno....

Never said it was a good or bad thing, feel free to quote me otherwise.

Simply said that it's primary function is to be a p2p store for people who want to get ahead quicker (which is what should happen when people spend) not as a new stream of gear/shards etc for f2p or lower spenders.

Like I said, got no problem with that, it's what funds the game, but it is what it is and trying to tell me it's something else i is going to get us going in circles.

You are stating it is only for one segment of the community, and implying this is bad for the segment that "cant get ahead". I'm simply pointing out that it has offerings for both. Also as pointed out above, F2P could save currency and buy things at the same normal price per unit, but avoid the RNG of the stores and their item popping up.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Oy, the store is fine. You can't expect it to just be chock full of all the exact things you want.

Repeat after me: The goal of a mobile game is to M A K E M O N E Y. The available purchases will always be set up in a way that nudges (or straight-up shoves) you towards buying those sweet, sweet purple crackrocks.

Personally I'm not yet at the point where all I need is stun cuffs/guns, so I enjoy having a couple big shipments of purple gear available every week. I'll agree that the ally point offerings are kind of weak, but other than that, it's an option you didn't have before which didn't replace any existing options, so there's really no cause for complaint.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Oy, the store is fine. You can't expect it to just be chock full of all the exact things you want.

Repeat after me: The goal of a mobile game is to M A K E M O N E Y. The available purchases will always be set up in a way that nudges (or straight-up shoves) you towards buying those sweet, sweet purple crackrocks.

Personally I'm not yet at the point where all I need is stun cuffs/guns, so I enjoy having a couple big shipments of purple gear available every week. I'll agree that the ally point offerings are kind of weak, but other than that, it's an option you didn't have before which didn't replace any existing options, so there's really no cause for complaint.

Nobody said that the point of this isn’t to make money. Nobody said that everything should have exactly what we need when we need it.

However this is a weekly shop. There’s no refreshes on it. That being said there should be more for F2P to have access to. Like I said before, there’s rarely anywhere to get stun guns. You have them available randomly (all RNG based) on the GET store and that currency is very limited, in the shard shop, and for crystal purchases. Why not have a slot dedicated exactly for that? I don’t see an issue with that?

Omegas are also at a premium in the game. You can get them every day (1 a day) guaranteed and other slots is a chance. What’s wrong with an extra 5 per week? That’s only 1 extra ability on a character per week....

Why not us a weekly shop that can’t be refreshed to offer premium shards at a discounted crystal price to push spending? Shards usually cost 80 crystals per. Why not discount it to 50...i mean cmon.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The shop is fine overall, but they should have kept the shards for credits like it was at the beginning. It sucks that this was discontinued, it was probably too much value for ftp...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    The shop is fine overall, but they should have kept the shards for credits like it was at the beginning. It sucks that this was discontinued, it was probably too much value for ftp...

How do you know it's been discontinued? The contents change every week, shards could come back. We haven't seen omegas in the ally point spot for a while, either, are you convinced those are gone forever as well?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

How do you know it's been discontinued? The contents change every week, shards could come back. We haven't seen omegas in the ally point spot for a while, either, are you convinced those are gone forever as well?

We have seen similar type of item in that slot, though. No such thing for shards, not easily farmable ones. I mean, they could have stuck something like Lobot, or even Ugnaught, in there and not take the slot out completely. Of course, getting shards back would be a nice surprise, but I am sceptical about that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

We have seen similar type of item in that slot, though. No such thing for shards, not easily farmable ones. I mean, they could have stuck something like Lobot, or even Ugnaught, in there and not take the slot out completely. Of course, getting shards back would be a nice surprise, but I am sceptical about that.

It changes, they have made no statements about what will and will not be there and what currency they will use.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

It changes, they have made no statements about what will and will not be there and what currency they will use.

Well, the only real fact we have is that they used to be there but aren't anymore...
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    As a whale, gotta say I love the weekly shop. Totally understand why ftp would be frustrated. For health of the game, I hope they can alternate a bit between more whale friendly offerings with big crystal price tags (eg this weeks) and more ftp friendly offerings.

They could even (gasp) include store currency like GW tokens at some point and let you buy something like omegas or a small amount of carbantis with that. They’ve done it with ally points so why not? Would have a relatively small impact overall, but would be a nice bone to throw to ftp players and would buy a lot of goodwill, I think.

Good way for them to let people use some of their old currencies without putting a new toon fully into those shops, where people would max it out instantly with saved up currency. Here you’re limited to only one purchase a week no matter what, so that concern goes away.
    Hodor
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well, the only real fact we have is that they used to be there but aren't anymore...

That's an observation, until proven by a statement from the dev team, it is not a fact.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

That's an observation, until proven by a statement from the dev team, it is not a fact.

How is it not a fact? They were there and aren't. Period. No debate about that. We don't need a dev confirmation about things we see clearly in the game. They might or might not return, but I will believe it when I see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How is it not a fact? They were there and aren't. Period. No debate about that. We don't need a dev confirmation about things we see clearly in the game. They might or might not return, but I will believe it when I see it.

Because we have no statement from the dev team, the people who make that store what it is. Until they state anything as "the way it is", all we do is observe how it changes. You cannot prove anything is or is not coming back based in the previous set, when there are no rules to govern it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Because we have no statement from the dev team, the people who make that store what it is. Until they state anything as "the way it is", all we do is observe how it changes. You cannot prove anything is or is not coming back based in the previous set, when there are no rules to govern it.

Are you seriously disputing that there were shards for credist in the weekly shipments but aren't right now? That is an undeniable fact, and also the only thing we know for certain so far. And for me, they are gone until proven otherwise...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Are you seriously disputing that there were shards for credist in the weekly shipments but aren't right now? That is an undeniable fact, and also the only thing we know for certain so far. And for me, they are gone until proven otherwise...

No I was disputing that we cha use that to determine future items in the store.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No I was disputing that we cha use that to determine future items in the store.

Of course, there is no way to tell what will come in this game. It's a bit surprising, though, that you, such a loud proponent of finding patterns and making predictions and "smart choices", so vehemently deny any predictions in this particular case.
  • Options
    There’s nothing to base a prediction on at this point, That’s what the point is here, how come y’all can’t see that?