Glad to see it's Revan

Raga
22 posts Member
edited October 2018
I am honestly glad for all those folks who wanted Revan in the game, but am I the only one who's a bit "meh" about him coming at all? Having had my hand bitten for the Chewie event and having been farming the Solo toons, I can't say I'm all that bothered about chasing another 5 characters (3 in Hard nodes) to 7* and Gear 12+, especially since I've got so many other characters and teams to finish.

I only hope that Revan is not an end game achievement like Chewie and Traya, because I do not feel that's going to end well for the forums given the amount of people who appear to be excited.

Guess I'll see when I've eventually finished farming and gearing Bounty Hunters, Troopers, Rebel ships, HSTR teams all of whom need a Stun gun.

Replies

• You are right. It will be good if he comes as reward for a raid (like rancor...)
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    I think that farming Solo characters is not waste as in that movie Han gets his ship and I could see those characters being used for that kind of event (getting his ship).

I am very happy with Revan coming to game but I don't think it will be raid as it took them almost a year to make STR and they would not have enough time to make new raid for at least another year. This will most likely be Hero Journey kind of event or entirely new concept.
  • I won't panic farm anything. I'll keep working for g12 BH's to get chewie's last star. I know I won't get Revan, but it's ok. He will be first in queue after chewie.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Raga wrote: »
    I am honestly glad for all those folks who wanted Revan in the game, but am I the only one who's a bit "meh" about him coming at all?

I never played KOTOR so I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I had no idea who Revan was before I found this board and googled it to see who people were talking about.

I actually did pick it up on a Steam sale, but while I'm sure it was great for its time, it's really dated in a lot of ways now, so my efforts to get into it have yet to succeed.

I'll go for him regardless - gotta catch 'em all and so forth - but yeah, meh.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Kotor was apart of my childhood. Good to see mission and zaalbar again.
  • Raga
    22 posts Member
    As it was mine Blackbeard, but the films were more so
  • Raga wrote: »
    As it was mine Blackbeard, but the films were more so

I found only dissapoinment in ep.8
    Praise Revan! :D
  • This revan is not gonna be a legendary event. Definitely not a hero’s journey, cause you need a variation of the hero first. I’m not juiced about Jedi revan at all, I want Darth Revan. Like I think the majority of us do. And I think this is setting up a Hero’s decent legendary event. It doesn’t make sense right now to do a legendary revan event... the KOTOR characters we have now don’t make sense to get Jedi revan, to get Darth revan though they do.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This revan is not gonna be a legendary event. Definitely not a hero’s journey, cause you need a variation of the hero first. I’m not juiced about Jedi revan at all, I want Darth Revan. Like I think the majority of us do. And I think this is setting up a Hero’s decent legendary event. It doesn’t make sense right now to do a legendary revan event... the KOTOR characters we have now don’t make sense to get Jedi revan, to get Darth revan though they do.

They don't really make sense for Darth Revan either, he met them all (well, except Bastila and HK) after the mindwipe and ended up on the light side again. But at least the Old Republic as a faction does make sense, it was his enemy at the time.
  • Old republic makes the most sense as requirement for Malak so far (as legendary)
  • I’m kinda hoping Revan is something new, not legendary or hero’s journey. Be a perfect chance to showcase a new type of event, with a character a lot of people are asking for.