TM train on Nihilus

Can someone explain the mechanics where DN doesn't take a swing for a long time due to NS TM train running?

Separately, can the TM train in P4 also work with MT lead? I know that Asajj is the recommended lead. Thanks.

Replies

• You don't get the TM gain at all from Mother Talzin lead. Assaj gives everyone the TM when they fall below 100% health, and there are lots of healing abilities with the NS (Old Daka, Talia, Ventriss, Zombie) so it's easy to get everyone to full health again and gain that tm. Best you can hope for is the phase 3 team that mcmole posted on youtube with mother talzin lead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8FpxG7wnw
  • @mesa176750 , yes I was hoping against hope. Do you know if Asajj doesn't have lead zeta can TM train stay alive? I do understand the health/TM link. Thanks.
  • As far as I understand, the asajj leader zeta is the only required zeta of all of the nightsister zetas for phase 4.
  • No, it doesn’t work without the zeta. The reason she works well against nihilus is his attacks ignore protection, meaning each time he hits you gain 50% tm if you were at full health. In addition, you have a 50% chance to reduce his Tm by 20%, allowing you to push him back while you push forward whenever he takes a turn.
    MT is used when you’re trying to get your toons to die so you can raise them and gain TM with asaj/Daka. The reason this is used in p3 is because each time a boss is hit they gain Tm, unless they are toppled, which can only occur in p3. The Daka/asaj chain hits the boss lots of times in a row, so that will feed nihilus’ Tm too fast for you to gain the benefits from it, unlike against traya who gets nothing since all the multi-hits occur while she is toppled.
  • GulSkiVader
    147 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Dirty_Litle_Smuggler , awesome answer. Also, @mesa176750 , also really good. Thanks to you both!
  • What about when DN is gone in P4? It seems the TM train may still run but as I recall in P2, Sion doesn't get affected by TM manipulation. Is there any strategy that zAsajj may employ to maximize damage? It seems that there isn't any so the damage drops off a cliff when Sion/Traya or just Traya alone at the end.