Why is Visas Marr not tagged old republic?

Visas Marr is from the Old Republic why is she not tagged with Old Republic?

Replies

• Options
    To make whatever is coming much harder to get ;)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I believe the devs said that the tag is for members of the actual Old Republic, not just people from that era. And while Marr was with the Exile, I don't think either were formally in the Republic at that time. With the Exile being an actual exile and dragged back into public events.

While Bindo left the order and went to do his own thing, he joined up with Revan, at the time a mind-wiped Jedi (Knight, if I remember right. The whole Juhani thing got him a promotion, yes?) who was a member of the Jedi Order, and thus a member of the Republic. That's why Zaalbar, Vao, and T3 also get the tag. Bastila is a Jedi, so same trial of Jedi Order makes them part of the Republic.

If Marr deserves the tag for just being in the era, then so does SiT, Sass, SiM, and the Triumvirate, and HK.

Although one might wonder why HK doesn't have the tag. T3 does. Both were with Revan. One he bought, the other he made, lost, and then bought. I suppose HK-47 we have could be post Revan (we see him in TOR), and actually be in service to the Sith Empire.
  • Options
    Mission and Zaalbar were not old republic either, they were just mercs. So it must mean old republic as era in gereneral
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    The devs themselves said that the tag is for members of the Republic. Wish I knew where so I could dig it up, but I think it was on a thread like this asking why Visas doesn't have the tag.

As for Mission and Zaalbar, I'd argue that they were part of the Republic. They were part of Revan's crew, Revan was a member of the Republic. They weren't mercs at all. That's like calling Han a merc at the very beginning of his movie, as he's trying to escape Corellia. Only Mission ending up joining a soon to be Republic team (if not already Republic, with Carth and Bastila obvious member and Revan a mindwiped Republic soldier) instead of going thief for hire like Han did. Before that, the two could probably be best defined as a swoop gang members, but really Mission was just loosely aligned with the 'better' gang
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Visas Marr is from the Old Republic why is she not tagged with Old Republic?

hk too, and is fro kotor 1, visas kotor 2 as sith triumvirate...

• Options
    Same, That era also holds the Triumvirate (Solely Sith) HK-47 & Visas. While I am ok with Sith tag, there should be some kind of indicator. As well Visas Jedi Tag
  • Options
    I was just wondering the same. Great we got these new Kotor characters, but HK47 and Visas belong in the same tag.
  • Options
    Oh yeah where's Karth? Revan before Karth doesn't seem right. Maybe in time the developers could make Malak a reality. But who knows, do we really need all these characters...
  • Options
    Hk should definitely be an option for a revan event. He was part of the crew after all. Though it may happen. He coukd get a rework before a revan event and get the OR tag.
  • Options
    Okay. Visas Marr not getting the Old Republic tag doesn't wash now that we have Bastila Shan (Fallen) showing with the Old Republic tag. Now that Juhani is being introduced, the possibility exists to float a light side Old Republic Jedi team. (Bastila, Jolee, Juhani, Visas & Revan) Visas would be EXTREMELY complimentary to everyone else on such a team, I think. IF she had her rightful Old Republic tag. As well, if a Fallen Bastila is considered to be a Sith. Then a redeemed Visas should be considered Jedi, should she not?
    Rookery DeCarabas, from....
    Star Wars Galaxies, Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Wars D20 (WotC) and Star Wars RPG (FFG) ...and many others.
  • Options
    Because then arena battles would need 15 minutes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 1true
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Visas marr was taken as a sith apprentice, and her powers in the game still hold sith ability, give her a light side sith tag.... with old republic :D