Anakin, Aayla or Kit?

Snowlock2017
392 posts Member
edited October 2018
Looking for a 5th on a Old Republic Jedi Team. Not for Arena, mainly for the Jedi event and as a 5th G12 team in TB. Ezra is elsewhere. Don't want to do Bastilla or Hoda here.

GMY(L), QGJ, GK, & Barris are the first 4, with Mace currently filling the 5th spot (poorly). I need more damage, obviously. So I'd like to know who you'd pick of these three, JKA, Aayla or Kit, for a damage dealer, and why.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Aayla or anakin.

Both hit hard. Aayla can stun. Anakin gives offence up. Kit gives nth.
  • Options
    Aayla counters and calls assists with a damage boost too. One of the underrated Jedi for sure. She stuns on any critical from her unique not just her basic.
  • Options
    Take Aayla, more survivable
    Anakin: "I'm taking him now!" Dies
    Maybe it's just that I run Dooku, and Anakin never stands a chance, but I think his unique easily kills him, especially when his opponent counters
  • Options
    This is a fun question. Thanks for asking it.

Kit Fisto is like a poor man's Ezra, with his sometimes countering and double-hitting. His weaksauce force push also makes him like a poor man's Anakin. Kit's nothing but second fiddle all the way, which isn't to say that he's bad. But he also isn't great.

Anakin has some serious strengths. He already hits hard, but he hits like a truck when one of his allies gets injured below the 1/2 mark. And his AOE can do some serious damage to everyone with the right buffs on him. AND he applies buff immunity to enemies and offense up to allies. His problem are his weaknesses. 1) If you run him against a team with counterattacks, you can't really use his wonderful AOE; 2) if his AOE doesn't land, he's crippled with Expose. 3) Do you really want to wait until your team is down to 1/2 health before he starts landing serious damage?

So that leaves us with my suggestion: Aayla. She's got a good health/protection pool and heals herself on unique, so she's much more survivable than either Kit or Anakin. It's hard to underestimate her stun on both attacks or her 35% chance to assist with bonus damage. Weaknesses? None in particular (maybe just that she has a very simple kit?).

I have all my Jedi beefed up pretty well, so I would actually run both Kit and Aayla under Ima-Gun Di lead, because they both increase their chances of counter under him. I run them alongside Visas (also counters, and heals) and Kanan (also counters, and tanks). But that's just my jam. You do you! =)