Unfair Squad Arena SWGOH

So I have been playing for about a year and a half and have been struggling to get into the top thousand of my leader board/shard group of Squad Arena.

At first I thought it was normal, being surrounded by players who were all gear 12, zetas and good gear.

How wrong was I? I have looked at my guild team mates who some of them are up at like 200 with zero zetas, no gear 12 etc. Whereas I have several gear 12 and a few zetas and I'm still around the 1100 rank?? There is no way they would be anywhere near that rank in my leader board.

So it appears that there are many leader boards where it's a breeze to get lots more rewards for low characters whereas someone with pretty decent teams (my best is around 101k) gets rubbish rewards being stuck with total tough opponents.

Hardly fair 

Replies

• None of this means anything until you show us your arena team.....
  • A lot of the problem is making sure you have a good squad for offense and defense. I would suggestion when you are in very difficult shards to build squads that counter the existing squads around you, and work your way up to the top 1000. Then from there you can just make the best squad possible and try to stay there. I wasn't able to get into my top 1000 until almost 1.5 years of playing.

Also, younger shards will have weaker top 100s in general.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    It depends on when you started playing compared to when your guildmates started playing. If your guildmates started playing later then you, then most of the time they’ll need no zetas or high gear to be top 200. But if you’ve been playing for over 6 months or so, zetas and high gear will start to mean something.

Also, check your mods. If you have no mods focused on speed or no mods at all, you won’t do well.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Your arena shard is determined when you start the game. If your guildmates have easier shards, they either started later, or have lots of slackers.

Its possible you started right when a TON of whales started, and that would suck, but its more probable that you just haven't progressed as competitively as your shard.
  • Thanks to the folk who actually said something worthwhile...
    I really think I started at a wild time with plenty of retained players but I'm not giving up haha

My current team

6nwpi5lbd38w.jpg

The folk I face at a low level...

w19x4u1u4nus.jpg

• Ok, CLS under a.palp lead?.... He gets home of the benefits of that leadership and is holding you back.... Drop sion in there and you have a solid team..... How much speed do each of your toons have?
  • Thrawn is up at 229 speed, the others are fairly lower between 150-180.

Doing a mod reshuffle but low on credits to max them out grr
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    Except for tanks, if your arena squad have less than 200 speed, you're a target and will drop like a rock on defense. For my shard, which is less than a year old, if you're under 230 speed, you're dead. Time to work on your mods.

Pretty much this..... You want 5 synergized toons, and you want over 200 speed on each..... On the team you have, you need Vader to be super fast, he is the one that will get your turn meter train going..... Get Sion, get some speed on your mods and you will climb like crazy.....
  • Yoncé wrote: »
    So I have been playing for about a year and a half and have been struggling to get into the top thousand of my leader board/shard group of Squad Arena.

At first I thought it was normal, being surrounded by players who were all gear 12, zetas and good gear.

How wrong was I? I have looked at my guild team mates who some of them are up at like 200 with zero zetas, no gear 12 etc. Whereas I have several gear 12 and a few zetas and I'm still around the 1100 rank?? There is no way they would be anywhere near that rank in my leader board.

So it appears that there are many leader boards where it's a breeze to get lots more rewards for low characters whereas someone with pretty decent teams (my best is around 101k) gets rubbish rewards being stuck with total tough opponents.

Hardly fair 

I don't think you'll like what I'm about to say, but being a full f2p player that started in Dec' 2016, I'm leaps and bounds ahead compared to your arena team. Any competitive player will tell you that mods and synergies are what makes an arena team strong and from what you showed, you lack both. Your speed on arena units is what most ppl have after 7-9 months of playing, currently you won't go anywhere if you can't provide around +100 speed from mod sets. Again to give you a different view - I'm playing 4 months longer than you, but have multiple mod sets ranging from +120-140 speed.

I would suggest you farm mods from now on and try to get smth decent. Use crouchingrancor site or discord bots to provide suggestions how to mod each character. Also try to get in touch with your arena shardmates, since 99% they have a server set up, but unless you're in #100 range, nobody will care much about it.
  • Thanks everyone, taken as much advice as I can onboard and I'm now in the 800's 😁
  • Yoncé wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, taken as much advice as I can onboard and I'm now in the 800's 😁

Congratulations for you!😃👍
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/