Questions about my guild's first Heroic Pit!

I'm asking because my guild is looking to do our first HPit and I will be a high contributor.

Here is my current CLS. Slow as molasses, I know. And even though I have a CLS I am still super nooby because I've only played with a small tight-knit guild.

•Would the Zeta on CLS' leader ability be enough to offset his lack of speed?
•Would it be advantageous to send CLS in solo?
•If I send CSL on a team, which of my characters would help the most?

Any other advice is also welcome!

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If you had a Zeta on Vader's lead you could probably solo the whole thing easily with:

Vader lead
    Nihilus
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    CLS

You also have Palpatine but Nihilus is higher gear and more sturdy.

Also, CLS inflicts Tenacity Down so doesn't need the +potency cross.

I'd throw a +offense cross on with extra speed instead if you have one floating around.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    As above, zeta Vader's leadership would make it easier. Zader (L), CLS, Thrawn, then a combination of DN, EP QGJ and Tarkin for the last place.
    The trick is turn meter removal so the Rancor never gets a turn. Zader give all empire (and sith?) 50% chance to remove turn meter. Vader and CLS provide the Speed Down debuff, CLS provides Tenacity down to that debuffs land more often. Fracture is OP at reducing turn meter gain. Tarkin has a AoE big turn meter reduction, DN and EP are Sith/empire and provide damage. QGJ provides turn meter removal on basic and calls assists (which can remove turn meter)

Even if you don't want to Zeta Vader (or can't), his leadership still provides some TM removal to empire (and sith?) charters. edit: QGJ gets much better if you don't have Zader.

Don't saber throw unless you think you can reapply the debuffs before the Rancor gets a turn, and even then, try to only do so under fracture.
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tebow, Rex, qgj, barris, lumi
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar lead to give cls 25 speed. Then you can retreat ackbar and your cls will almost be fast enough to do a one man solo.

If you cant add mods to make cls faster the job will be done.

If not you need to add something to your team. I'd go with one of qgj or thrawn.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Can do it at 250 speed, G11+0 but there's a few G11 pieces I wish I had that would make him hit harder and end P4 sooner. Was 3 turns to enrage when it ended. I have Learn Control and IBAT zetas.

hkwdbb6ot2h6.png
  • Jagged_Fel
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If you had a Zeta on Vader's lead you could probably solo the whole thing easily with:

Vader lead
    Nihilus
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    CLS

You also have Palpatine but Nihilus is higher gear and more sturdy.

Also, CLS inflicts Tenacity Down so doesn't need the +potency cross.

I'd throw a +offense cross on with extra speed instead if you have one floating around.

Agreed. This setup is probably the best use of a zeta upgrade if you have enough for one. If not vader lead, then put the zeta on CLS's "It binds all things". Either of these uses of the Zeta will be better than his lead.

*Edit: My bad, didn't notice you already had "it binds all things" zeta-ed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You have plenty of options to improve the speed of your CLS. Ackbar lead was anready mention. Rearranging your mods will also give a huge improvement to speed (square mod from QGJ, triangle mod from Leia f.ex.). If you are still worried after that, then add Teebo and QGJ for extra TM reduction and play on manual. You will be fine.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Your guild mate Farolith would also be ablr to solo it with a zeta on his Vader.
  • Koryphaia
    70 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Your CLS isn’t that slow for where you are. I’d use ackbar lead, CLS, thrawn, and I might stop there or add FOX and FOST. You don’t want more rebels because you want the chance of calling CLS to assist on a non-aggressive ability to be high (both of ackbar’s specials will call CLS, thrawns tm swap, fost’s special and basic have chances to call assists as well) you want as many CLS assists as possible to manage TM. FoX will also help manage TM and contribute reasonable damage. FOST will feed FoX Tm, and fracture will keep rancor speed in check. That’s how I’d do it with your roster. Unorthodox but should work...
    Vader’s leader ability isn’t super useful beyond the raids and there are better options imo so I wouldn’t waste a zeta there. Zeta on it binds all things is most important so I don’t think you need to spend another zeta to successfully solo rancor. Ackbar/CLS combo is remarkably effective at managing Tm.
  • Options
    Soloing the Rancor is actually very easy. I wasn't even considering it and threw my FO arena squad at our first HPit attempt and soloed easily. The real trick is figuring out with your guild the fairest way to share the glory.
  • Options
    We did it! Thank you everyone for your sage advice!

!8mwfum6a66g5.png!
  • Options
    Koryphaia wrote: »
    Your CLS isn’t that slow for where you are. I’d use ackbar lead, CLS, thrawn, and I might stop there or add FOX and FOST. You don’t want more rebels because you want the chance of calling CLS to assist on a non-aggressive ability to be high (both of ackbar’s specials will call CLS, thrawns tm swap, fost’s special and basic have chances to call assists as well) you want as many CLS assists as possible to manage TM. FoX will also help manage TM and contribute reasonable damage. FOST will feed FoX Tm, and fracture will keep rancor speed in check. That’s how I’d do it with your roster. Unorthodox but should work...
    Vader’s leader ability isn’t super useful beyond the raids and there are better options imo so I wouldn’t waste a zeta there. Zeta on it binds all things is most important so I don’t think you need to spend another zeta to successfully solo rancor. Ackbar/CLS combo is remarkably effective at managing Tm.

Vader's zeta also adds stats to his ship which is always helpful. And taking high spots in fleet arena pays for a zeta rather quickly.