Please...PLEASE fix this issue...

Replies

  • I took a huge break from this game and as a result i'm way off being near the top of my shard. I play and try to improve and climb higher but end of the day i'm not particularly bothered about my payout as its just a game to me and a little bit of fun. I wont lose sleep on where i place in my arena payout.

    That being said, when i look at the whole situation i do not think it is fair in the slightest. People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong. Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent. One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair. And i know those people will turn around and say 'oh well, i dont care' which just sums up the society we live in. Ill step all over him if it benefits me, disgraceful.

    And once again, i do not care about my payout personally or where i place, i sit down in the 200s. I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.
  • ^^^^^ This guy gets it....
  • [...]
    It's not fun, but the crystals are vital to advancement and no one (even whales) want to give EA more money.
    [...]
    Good point. However, at least in my fleet shard this is not true. There are at least 2 whales (7*g12 revan, Jango, Embo, etc. ...) sitting in the top 10. One playing as intended (saw him dropping to 20ish and coming back), but the other.... uses more refreshes to stay at rank 1 than he gains.
    For example: he drops to rank 8, close to payout he'll get to 4, refresh, get 1, refresh again to clock-block rank 1. So he gets 400 crystals, but pays at least 2x50 for refreshes. If he'd just stayed at 4, waited and then clock blocked he'd gotten 325 crystals without any refreshes and thus 25 crystals more. And this is just an example with a small crystal loss.
    Now this might be a case of a pretty stupid whale, but apparently there are people trying to stay on top just for the sake of it and are even willing to pay for it.
    How to solve it? I honestly don't know, as long as people will be able to manipulate leaderboards they will (see shard chats), so the only real fix needed to through game-mechanics. But since anything CG could implement has the potential to scare off whales, it will probably never happen.

  • I'm in a shard chat for arena and fleet, and we invite anyone in who can crack top 20. We work together to help each other maximize our payouts. I think it makes the game more enjoyable to work as a team and help other players out. If you want to go it alone and not work with others to advance in the game, that's your prerogative, but don't complain because others enjoy teamwork and helping other players advance as much as possible. The only shard chats I don't like are ones that are exclusive and won't let in people who genuinely want to be part of the team and help out. But, honestly, I haven't seen many like that. I'm sure if you joined your chat, you would find it's a good group of people who enjoy the game and want to see others succeed.
  • JohnLove11 wrote: »
    People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong.

    "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying I or anyone else in a shard chat "deserve" anything. Not sure where you are getting that fiction from.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent.

    Yes comrade. By all means, lets just hand out payouts to every 5* g8 squad!
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair.

    1. Other people make the game less enjoyable for me by hitting me during my payout. So it's reasonable for me to take steps to prevent that.
    2. There is no such thing as a "right" to a payout. But there is such a thing as ensuring you get one.
    3. Once again, deserve has nothing to do with it.
    4. How is it more selfish than others who want to hit me during my payout? I'd say motives of both parties are equally selfish. We both want the same crystals. I'm just better at getting them.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    This is a zero sum game. It's the way it works. If I get a payout, someone else doesn't. If someone else gets one, then I don't. If I am not denying them, then they are denying me. Whining about it doesn't change that fact.
  • EA_Lanna
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    I temp closed this to clean up the last few posts from this thread. I'll reopen it now and add that this being the internet you're going to come across different opinions and views on things but please aim to be civil/kind with each other when you're sharing where you're coming from. The rules say it best tbh: "Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.".
  • JohnLove11 wrote: »
    People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong.

    "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying I or anyone else in a shard chat "deserve" anything. Not sure where you are getting that fiction from.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent.

    Yes comrade. By all means, lets just hand out payouts to every 5* g8 squad!
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair.

    1. Other people make the game less enjoyable for me by hitting me during my payout. So it's reasonable for me to take steps to prevent that.
    2. There is no such thing as a "right" to a payout. But there is such a thing as ensuring you get one.
    3. Once again, deserve has nothing to do with it.
    4. How is it more selfish than others who want to hit me during my payout? I'd say motives of both parties are equally selfish. We both want the same crystals. I'm just better at getting them.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    This is a zero sum game. It's the way it works. If I get a payout, someone else doesn't. If someone else gets one, then I don't. If I am not denying them, then they are denying me. Whining about it doesn't change that fact.

    ... This guy is good. He clearly thinks about what he says, ensuring a complete lack of loopholes. Further arguments against this is a waste of time. Congratulations to you for your extreme caution regarding your wording. Personally, I disagree, and believe against shard chats, but this was quite the compelling argument, and there is nothing I can argue with without being Ad hominum.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • TimmyHutch wrote: »
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I took a huge break from this game and as a result i'm way off being near the top of my shard. I play and try to improve and climb higher but end of the day i'm not particularly bothered about my payout as its just a game to me and a little bit of fun. I wont lose sleep on where i place in my arena payout.

    That being said, when i look at the whole situation i do not think it is fair in the slightest. People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong. Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent. One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair. And i know those people will turn around and say 'oh well, i dont care' which just sums up the society we live in. Ill step all over him if it benefits me, disgraceful.

    And once again, i do not care about my payout personally or where i place, i sit down in the 200s. I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    Sounds like bunch of buhu.
    Im admin in discord chat of both my arena and fleet arena and I'mma tell you this:
    I deserve the #1 spots in each, plain and simple.
    I deserve it much more than others because I invested much more than others. It's really that simple.
    I always want to add more people if possible and I do NOT seek war or sniping. However, if war will come, I will win.
    I am more competitive, I have better roster, I have better mods, i have better arena team and I 100% deserves to be #1 more than ANYONE outside the shard chats.
    And the proof is simple - I don't lose on offense, they do. I don't drop that hard on defense, they do .
    Stop with your entitled feelings, you are not entitled to anything. People like me, yes. We proved ourselves. We, in chat shard, are the kings of the arena, the deciders of the meta, and eventually, people outside the chat avoid me because they can't even beat me on offense. I've seen this countless times.
    I still haven't seen in the chat "I can't beat him, please help me" about someone outside chat.
    You better start deal with these facts before crying on forums. Or just invest like we did on our arena teams, and then you'll see how quickly it will change from "not give hard time" to "join us bro"


    Lmao this guy goes and says stop being entitled then says "I deserve the #1 spots in both fleet and squad." The complete and utter overflow of self contradiction here simultaneously disgusts and amuses me.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • EA_Lanna wrote: »
    I temp closed this to clean up the last few posts from this thread. I'll reopen it now and add that this being the internet you're going to come across different opinions and views on things but please aim to be civil/kind with each other when you're sharing where you're coming from. The rules say it best tbh: "Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.".

    Lol clean up are the two right words for it all right
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong.

    "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying I or anyone else in a shard chat "deserve" anything. Not sure where you are getting that fiction from.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent.

    Yes comrade. By all means, lets just hand out payouts to every 5* g8 squad!
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair.

    1. Other people make the game less enjoyable for me by hitting me during my payout. So it's reasonable for me to take steps to prevent that.
    2. There is no such thing as a "right" to a payout. But there is such a thing as ensuring you get one.
    3. Once again, deserve has nothing to do with it.
    4. How is it more selfish than others who want to hit me during my payout? I'd say motives of both parties are equally selfish. We both want the same crystals. I'm just better at getting them.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    This is a zero sum game. It's the way it works. If I get a payout, someone else doesn't. If someone else gets one, then I don't. If I am not denying them, then they are denying me. Whining about it doesn't change that fact.

    ... This guy is good. He clearly thinks about what he says, ensuring a complete lack of loopholes. Further arguments against this is a waste of time. Congratulations to you for your extreme caution regarding your wording. Personally, I disagree, and believe against shard chats, but this was quite the compelling argument, and there is nothing I can argue with without being Ad hominum.

    did this post just turned from whining against shard chats to a lexicon fight/show off?

    (side note, i love the shard chats threads, theyre always so entertaining)
  • TimmyHutch wrote: »
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I took a huge break from this game and as a result i'm way off being near the top of my shard. I play and try to improve and climb higher but end of the day i'm not particularly bothered about my payout as its just a game to me and a little bit of fun. I wont lose sleep on where i place in my arena payout.

    That being said, when i look at the whole situation i do not think it is fair in the slightest. People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong. Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent. One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair. And i know those people will turn around and say 'oh well, i dont care' which just sums up the society we live in. Ill step all over him if it benefits me, disgraceful.

    And once again, i do not care about my payout personally or where i place, i sit down in the 200s. I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    Sounds like bunch of buhu.
    Im admin in discord chat of both my arena and fleet arena and I'mma tell you this:
    I deserve the #1 spots in each, plain and simple.
    I deserve it much more than others because I invested much more than others. It's really that simple.
    I always want to add more people if possible and I do NOT seek war or sniping. However, if war will come, I will win.
    I am more competitive, I have better roster, I have better mods, i have better arena team and I 100% deserves to be #1 more than ANYONE outside the shard chats.
    And the proof is simple - I don't lose on offense, they do. I don't drop that hard on defense, they do .
    Stop with your entitled feelings, you are not entitled to anything. People like me, yes. We proved ourselves. We, in chat shard, are the kings of the arena, the deciders of the meta, and eventually, people outside the chat avoid me because they can't even beat me on offense. I've seen this countless times.
    I still haven't seen in the chat "I can't beat him, please help me" about someone outside chat.
    You better start deal with these facts before crying on forums. Or just invest like we did on our arena teams, and then you'll see how quickly it will change from "not give hard time" to "join us bro"

    You have not invested more than me. I guarantee it. However, if I were in your shard, and I wasn't in the chat, I would be locked out by you and your ilk. But you and your sense of entitlement are exactly what is wrong with this game, and this world.

    Show me your swgoh and I'll tell you exactly why your chat ignore you. Comon.
    And if I haven't invested more than you , it's probably cause you are massive whale. And in that case your failure means you fail in startegy and simple understanding of the game.
  • JohnLove11
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    People who have commented on this thread who are in a shard chat who think that they 'deserve' the top payouts are wrong.

    "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying I or anyone else in a shard chat "deserve" anything. Not sure where you are getting that fiction from.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Everybody should get an equal chance to get number 1 spot no matter how long you've played or how much you've spent.

    Yes comrade. By all means, lets just hand out payouts to every 5* g8 squad!
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    One comment saying 'we protect the top 10 viciously. We want to discourage others from climbing to make the game easier on ourselves'. This is absolutely ridiculous. You are making the game less enjoyable for others because you think you have some god given right to the top payout and want to get it easy at the expense of others. news flash, you do not deserve it more than others. This is selfish and just straight up not fair.

    1. Other people make the game less enjoyable for me by hitting me during my payout. So it's reasonable for me to take steps to prevent that.
    2. There is no such thing as a "right" to a payout. But there is such a thing as ensuring you get one.
    3. Once again, deserve has nothing to do with it.
    4. How is it more selfish than others who want to hit me during my payout? I'd say motives of both parties are equally selfish. We both want the same crystals. I'm just better at getting them.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    I just dont like people who deny others opportunities in life because they think they deserve it more when they dont. I know this is only a game but the same concept applies.

    This is a zero sum game. It's the way it works. If I get a payout, someone else doesn't. If someone else gets one, then I don't. If I am not denying them, then they are denying me. Whining about it doesn't change that fact.

    You are missing my point completely here. Firstly a 5* G8 team will never be at the top of the leaderboard unless you have a fairly new shard. Secondly my whole point is that it should be fair. The fact you are freezing others out of ever getting a good payout is shocking. I get you want the best payouts possible but everyone should get a fair shot at the number 1 spot. If that means one day you miss out then big deal, im sure you will get the top payout on other days.

    Also when you say 'If I get a payout, someone else doesn't. If someone else gets one, then I don't. If I am not denying them, then they are denying me', that is what i mean by fair. So what if they deny you a couple of times and then you deny them back, i have no problem with that. that is fair because it means nobody is limited to where they place and the payout they get. Its when you deny others every single day because you cant have to be at the top i dont get. why should you get it everyday over others who have invested just as much time into the game as you? (And by you i don't mean you personally, i mean everybody in a shard chat etc)

    If you take this game super seriously and have invested big money in it then i get that you want to get the maximum payout but if there are others who have also invested big then surely they should get a chance at the number 1 spot for their investment. Im not saying they should be given that spot, im saying they should get the chance. Thats what my whole point is about.
    Post edited by JohnLove11 on
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    I'm in a shard chat for arena and fleet, and we invite anyone in who can crack top 20. We work together to help each other maximize our payouts. [...]
    I imply good intentions, but there's one flaw to this- it's more than likely to have a lot more people being able to compete for the top 20, so you have to start to exlude people at some point to ensure the others stay in the top 20.
    So wether you like it or not, wether you intended to do so or not- shard chats will inevitably lead to excluding others.
  • JohnLove11 wrote: »
    You are missing my point completely here.

    No I think I understand your point. Your sense of fairness is violated by shard chats that use their numbers to police the top of the leaderboard. I get it. I even sympathize. Ea made a poorly designed game mode and now we all get to deal with it.

    I replied to you mostly because I objected to the tone of your first post which implied motives and emotions that I do not believe are accurate for the majority of members of most shard chats (with the exception of some one offs like that SithTrio_PO fellow, who you more or less described accurately based on his own comments).

    Based off my own two shard chats, I don't believe members feel they "deserve" something more than anyone else, or have a "right" to something, or that they are superior in any way. None of that emotion goes into our actions. Rather we coldly, calculatingly know that this is a game of resources and that the best way to maximize our resources is to act as a team to starve our competitors out. It's not emotional; it's rational.
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    So what if they deny you a couple of times and then you deny them back, i have no problem with that. that is fair because it means nobody is limited to where they place and the payout they get. Its when you deny others every single day because you cant have to be at the top i dont get. why should you get it everyday over others who have invested just as much time into the game as you?

    But why would anyone want to allow someone else to deny us? What would the incentive be for that? Are we supposed to provide charity? If we are playing every day, why wouldn't we want to win every day?



  • But why would anyone want to allow someone else to deny us? What would the incentive be for that? Are we supposed to provide charity? If we are playing every day, why wouldn't we want to win every day?

    There's no incentive obviously, you would be putting yourself in a worse position than you are in now which is why shard chats are still going on. I guess what i'm really trying to say is why do the people in the shard chats get the top payouts and not everyone else? What differs them from other players in their shard? Simply because they got to the top first so now they get to stay there forever? It just doesn't seem right to me.

    Like i mentioned in my first post, i'm not one of the players who is getting frozen out or anything. I place down in the 200s and i'm fine with it. I play this game for fun rather to be competitive but this is just one of those things that i really don't agree with. But there's always something in life that you don't agree with but have to accept just happens. I apologize if the tone of my first message offended anyone, its easy to get carried away when you're on a big rant!
  • A. So i have no idea what you are crying about.
    B. this graph hurt my eyes
    C. thats not good modding. not even close. if this is what you consider good modding, we noticed the problem.
    lets break it down:
    Revan - yours isnt even close to contest with speed revans. and thats fine, non-speed revans are also awesome. problem is that modding isnt good enough as offensive revan. for comparison, me, that also use offensive revan - i have more CC than you, i have more special damage than you, and i have more CD than you. and you have all mods on him as 6*, which make it even funnier. the fact that he's no zetad fully (Direct focus) means its NOT completely maxed. you cant compete with faster revans and even your offense isnt that high. MEH.
    GMY - guess its decent. modded for damage and CD, obviously it have less offense than mine (-250 spec dmg), if we take myself as example again (well, you invested MORE than me, didnt you ? :) ) and its much slower (-17 speed) and thats after you put the 2 G12+ on him, which one of them is completely useless, but decent after all, but fit my mantra : your modding isnt good enough.
    Hoda - now this is a funny one. he needs only speed, its really no brainer with no need to even think. yet, yours is pathetically slow, with 265 speed. mine, on the other hand, 303 speed. also mine is tankier, tho it doesnt really matter, but if something matter is this. again, you aren't close to investing as much as i do.
    GK - im shocked you are showing your swgoh.gg with pride after watching this GK. basically, an IPD can explode him. mine is much tankier, faster, hitting harder. obviously more armor (47 you vs 52 me) even tho yours have DEFENSE TRIANGLE AND CROSS. really isnt comparable even. your GK is modded badly, or again, the conclusion of - you didnt invest as much as i did.
    Bastila - well, im not using bastila, but looking at yours. Bonus speed dont even pass the 100, with total of 225 overall (ive seen faster Mauls) with the fact she have NO DAMAGE shows again that you failed in modding.
    thank you for your roster, you proved my point just perfect. you didnt invest as much as i did on your arena team, you do not know how to mod it properly or you just unable to.
    You missing 1 crucial zeta (direct focus) and 1 luxury one (Hoda's, but its fine) and i promise you that when faster revans go against you they can press Auto and pass you easily. i compared you to myself, and i dont even close to have best mods in my shard.
    so TL;DR - you said you invested more than me - WRONG, you said its completely maxed - WRONG, you told me to sit down - WRONG, im rofling now at you.
    lol, avg rank on arena 14 when you INSIDE shard chat. you outplayer yourself here bro.
  • @TimmyHutch OH and i almost forgot, you are pretty much massive whale. you invested more money than me, im sure of that, so if that is what you saying about investing, then you are right.
    anyway, the fact that you are a whale in a younger shard probably and still avg outside top10 is even more hilarious. you are investing in the wrong stuff if your modding is still such a fail for arena.
    i'll take a guess, shard of hmm, Feb-March 2017 ? probably less, something like Nov 2016, just guessing. anyway, your squad arena fights are less than 3000. on hard and starter shard, its like minimum 5000 to be top. or that your GW is probably a HALF of what top old player would be, i can honestly say that your shard is pretty new (and probably weaker) and the fact you have that kind of GP just shows you spent LOTS of money on this game. the biggest clue is probably the fact you have ridiculous amount of G12 toons, 56, while only 10 of g11. you spent way too much on the gear11-12 wall gear and way too less on the modding. which is another indication that on Arena PvP... im much more focused, invested more, and much better overall.
    its so funny, you are acting so confident, but you are just a whale that bought his way to the top, STILL FAIL TO DO SO, whining about shard chats tho he's in one. as i suspected, you are not good in utilizing to the max and using everything in your roster the right way, over-killing one stuff and not doing good enough in other, probably bad at strategy and gameplay and you are just simply not that good player like you think you are. you probably wont enter to my shard chat if your payout was pretty busy, because honestly ? you dont worth the same rewards like top players do.

    keep spending bruh.
  • your squad arena fights are less than 3000. on hard and starter shard, its like minimum 5000 to be top.

    Not if you are in a shard chat and almost never get moved ;)

  • your squad arena fights are less than 3000. on hard and starter shard, its like minimum 5000 to be top.

    Not if you are in a shard chat and almost never get moved ;)

    even with 5 fights a day only... its 5 x 1000 days lets say (bit less than 3 years). its simply 5000. not using your leftover fights is not wise.
    the best defensive guy in my shard have 4800 fights. and he dont move much down.
  • Yeah you did paid for it, you paid a LOT for it. Im still laughing about this absurd amount of g12 you have. It would be ok if you was actually good after spending so much, but you are a fail even after wasting all this money. You don't really know how to play this game, and most players at the top arena are much much better than you.
    Don't worry, it's fine by me, noobies are acceptable even in shard chats, so you can always find a spot there.
    I don't see anymore use of this discussion. You have bad sense for strategy and for this game overall, and the fact you are bragging in #1 you spend hundreds on just shows there no point keeping here.
    If this matter for you - after seeing everything and hearing everything - I give 0 importance to what you are saying, you are clearly newbie that don't know what he's talking about. :))
This discussion has been closed.