Turn Meter Gain: How Chewie makes CLS go before Nest & Thrawn against Traya L

WinKILLERinc
147 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hey everyone,

This is something I completely forgot to mention in my recent video about setting up the Rebels with Chewie, but I think it's important enough to mention here since I see a lot of questions about it. In the opening turn when Han gets to use his free basic ability, he calls in Chewie to assist. Because Chewie is attacking out of turn against Traya L, he takes damage equal to 35% of his total health. CLS unique ability, Learn Control, gives him 10% Turn Meter whenever another Rebel ally takes damage. Due to Han and Chewie both being able to apply detrimental effects on basic, there can be additional turn meter gain for all Rebels because of CLS leader ability.

This means that at minimum, the first turn speed of CLS will be: CLS speed / .9

For example, CLS can go before a 320 speed Nest or Thrawn by being above 288 speed (320 \* .9)

Every attack from CLS can provide 10% turn meter to all allies, therefore anyone else above that speed threshold will also go before the Nest used in this example.

So, if you are running Rebels, you don't have to outspeed Nest or Thrawn to do well on defense! My team is setup so that R2 will get full TM when CLS attacks. This is important for getting R2 to do smokescreen protecting Chewie from the enemy during the opening sequence giving yourself a couple turns to lay waste to the Triumvirate! Getting CLS and R2's speeds as fast as possible while as close to each other as possible isn't a bad idea, that will help optimize how fast they both can go without an enemy sneaking in between them. Hope this helps some of you setup your teams!