CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Replies

• RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Rey would work well with a Phasma lead at a guess, one of her abilities hits up to 3 times I think.

Rey's attack is a little different, but my fotp has never proc'd off anything but the first attack. I dont think it is possible off the 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Rey's seem to heppen all at once so maybe?
    --Nud Stark--
  • Phasma....kylo....leia....dooku....old daka....Good game bro good game....freaking stun revive multi attack rampage lol
  • It's like can I take a turn now? Oh another bonus attack...okay...Oh dooku went again and stunned my Jedi healer okay....Oh daka stunned again...okay...your turn again...
  • I think Kylo is pretty fair. He is versatile as an offense character but I've never had trouble with him on the enemy team. I really don't see how people complain he's broken because if you ignore him like you ignore dooku then there is no aoe refresh or counter. He will just be another normal attacker.
  • **** are nerfs? I'm new to this type of game.
  • SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Phasma....kylo....leia....dooku....old daka....Good game bro good game....freaking stun revive multi attack rampage lol
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    It's like can I take a turn now? Oh another bonus attack...okay...Oh dooku went again and stunned my Jedi healer okay....Oh daka stunned again...okay...your turn again...

I know lol.. Almost, I said almost feels unfair :)

U forgot to mention when Phasma gives that 35-40% meter boost.. More attacks..more..more
  • ObiWang wrote: »
    I think Kylo is pretty fair. He is versatile as an offense character but I've never had trouble with him on the enemy team. I really don't see how people complain he's broken because if you ignore him like you ignore dooku then there is no aoe refresh or counter. He will just be another normal attacker.

Either what u said, or u stun him on first turn...or u speed bull rush him .. High hp with average armor..
  • Berz97 wrote: »
    **** are nerfs? I'm new to this type of game.

Nerfs are when a character's abilities get a serious downgrade. It's named after the foam safety toys, essentially taking a powerful toon and turning it into a nerf toy.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • claire1568 wrote: »
    I am new to this game. Can anyone tell me where to find out which characters heal and debuff and also what on earth does it mean to nerf!

If a character is nerfed, that means that the developers of the game have reduced the strength of a character. (For example, Barriss Offee's heal used to be much stronger, but is now lowered)

Healers:
    • Jedi Consular
    • Luminara Unduli
    • Talia
    • Old Daka
    • Ahsoka Tano (Chance to heal with special ability)
    • Barriss Offee
    • Ewok Elder
    • Admiral Ackbar (Through debuff removal)
    • Lobot (Through debuff removal)
    • Asajj Ventress (Through enemy buff removal)

Debuffers:
    • Poe Dameron (Offense down, and expose via special ability)
    • Luminara Unduli (Ability block, via second ability)
    • Old Daka (Stun)
    • Eeth Koth (Defense down on droids, and stun via special ability)
    • Jawa (Stun on droids, via special ability)
    • First Order Stormtrooper (Speed down)
    • Resistance Trooper (Expose; deals bonus damage on next attack on target)
    • Coruscant Underworld Police (Stun, and offense down via special ability)
    • Greedo (Multiple thermal detonators, via special ability)
    • Nightsister Initiate (Damage over time, and buff immunity via third ability)
    • Snowtrooper (Ability block)
    • IG-88 (Healing immunity, and ability block via special ability)
    • Captain Phasma (Speed down, via third ability)
    • Darth Vader (Ability block, and 2 damage over time effects via second ability)
    • Luke Skywalker (Damage over time, and stun via special ability)
    • Darth Sidious (Healing immunity, and 2 damage over time effects via special ability)
    • Poggle the Lesser (Ability block)
    • Boba Fett (Ability block, via special ability)
    • Count Dooku (Stun and ability block on Jedi, and stun via special ability)
    • Mob Enforcer (Defense down, and single thermal detonator via special ability)
    • Jedi Knight Guardian (Ability block, via special ability)
    • CT-5555 "Fives" (Speed down)
    • Kylo Ren (Healing immunity and damage over time)
    • IG-100 MagnaGuard (Offense down, via unique skill)
    • Lobot (Defense down)
    • Dathcha (Ability block and stun on droids, via special ability)
    • General Veers (Ability block, via special ability)
    • Hoth Rebel Scout (Stun, via special ability)
    • Hoth Rebel Soldier (Offense down)
    • Aayla Secura (Stun, via unique skill)
    • Cad Bane (Stun, via special ability)
    • Ima-Gun Di (Defense down)
    • Ugnaught (Stun on droids, via special ability)
    • Asajj Ventress (Stun)
    • Plo Koon (Offense down, via second ability)
    • Savage Opress (Offense down)
    • Finn (Stun and expose, both via third ability)
    • Grand Moff Tarkin (Offense down and speed down on rebels, both via third ability)
    • HK-47 (Ability block, via special ability)
    • Jedi Knight Anakin (Healing immunity and buff immunity)
    • Nute Gunray (Single thermal detonator that deals damage to all, via special ability)
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) (Ability block and offense down, both via special ability)
    • URoRRuR'R'R (Stun)
  • Hi,

I started to play 10 days ago and i bought all the bundles but i have not yet Count Dooku and Darth Vader. How can i get them fast ?

Thanks
  • Kabbage wrote: »
    Captain Phasma - really nice dark character. That's a spot on assessment of his skills that EA_Jesse put out. I have complete faith that Kylo's is dead on. I'm going to hate to face those guys in Galactic War.

HER*
    Kabbage wrote: »
    Captain Phasma - really nice dark character. That's a spot on assessment of his skills that EA_Jesse put out. I have complete faith that Kylo's is dead on. I'm going to hate to face those guys in Galactic War.

Her*
  • I'm almost done getting the shards for Him and is wondering how well his performance is? I was thinking about having him with phasma and FO Stormtrooper. He seems to help with FO trams and that's what I'm currently going for.
  • So it really interest me how I was getting 5-9 Kylo Ren shards a day from cantina battles and now that I need 4 more shards I haven't gotten one in 25 battles. Real convenient. I guess this is how you get people to pay for characters; let them get almost all the shards then drop 1 per thousand battles.
  • Yea all da time
    Junoir j
  • Noticed that farming parts too...
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I really doubt they coded it that way
  • Moscba wrote: »
    Hi,

I started to play 10 days ago and i bought all the bundles but i have not yet Count Dooku and Darth Vader. How can i get them fast ?

Thanks

Dooku can be farmed from missions, pull up his profile and tap on "find" to see which ones. Vader can only be obtained through completing achievements, and he might be possible to draw from chromium packs, not sure about that since it doesn't say he can be.
  • Who the strong n best character on the game
    Junoir j
  • Barrok wrote: »

Normally, I would totally be anti-conspiracy theory with you here; however, I've hard about 4 characters now I was grinding and had this happen. It's very strange. I would be getting 1-2 shards per 3 clears but suddenly not get any for 6-9 clears when I was within about 5 shards of hitting a promotion.

It's _awefully_ coincidental. I'd get it with one or two toons, but after 4 I have to admit it's a tad fishy.
  • Kylo Ren looks terrible! Like a thief or someone who just broke is back. Please fix it! In the menu he looks cool
  • Barrok wrote: »

Normally, I would totally be anti-conspiracy theory with you here; however, I've hard about 4 characters now I was grinding and had this happen. It's very strange. I would be getting 1-2 shards per 3 clears but suddenly not get any for 6-9 clears when I was within about 5 shards of hitting a promotion.

It's _awefully_ coincidental. I'd get it with one or two toons, but after 4 I have to admit it's a tad fishy.

From a complete fiscal standpoint it would absolutely make sense to code it this way. Especially in a P2W game. I know it may not be but it has happened to me with 3 characters and 2 star upgrades. When I have only unlocked stars or farmed 7 characters and it happens 5 of those times it's either super coincidental or its in the coding.
  • junoirje wrote: »
    Who the strong n best character on the game

Ewok Scout
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • junoirje wrote: »
    Who the strong n best character on the game

Ewok Scout

yeh the stealth is so OP!
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would rather go Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Kylo, and Fives.

But i may go for the others in the future :D.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Will Kylo Ren be nerfed in the next patch like Barris was? His description makes him sound like Dooku on steroids.

I agree - that description just sounds too strong. Wait till a few level 19 players with 6 unlocked characters get beat by Ren and come crying to the forums in massive volumes about how OP he is. They already got Ben and Barriss. This guy basically has an ability that results in an AOE special having 0 cooldown AND he has counter ability...so he's like Dooku and Lando all in one? :) Can we just nerf him now while he's in the pack and get it over with?

lol love that description JohnnySteelAlpha and yes I also agree he looks awesome for now though so take advantage
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Phasma seems to aim mostly for the legs? Lol
    Rey would work well with a Phasma lead at a guess, one of her abilities hits up to 3 times I think.
    Up to four times.

I've noticed that to no wonder she does almost no damage
  • Has anyone tried a First Order squad yet?

I'm strongly leaning towards building the following team:

Phasma (leader)
    Kylo
    First Order Officer
    Han Solo
    Sid or Lumi

Let me know, especially if anyone has First Order Officer. I haven't seen any reviews on the character
  • Got the whole team unlocked but trooper and officer doesent look to promising. FOTP is game changing if u can keep him around for 2 rounds, Poe does that and its looking pretty solid atm
  • Phasma's leader ability with Kylo Ren just seems like a headache to deal with at high levels, cannot wait to get that constant Healing Immunity going. :D
  • FlyPhish
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Has anyone tried a First Order squad yet?

I'm strongly leaning towards building the following team:

Phasma (leader)
    Kylo
    First Order Officer
    Han Solo
    Sid or Lumi

Let me know, especially if anyone has First Order Officer. I haven't seen any reviews on the character

I run that squad with Lumi and sometimes Sid in place of Kylo as I star him up.

FOO is a wonderful, underused asset to Phasma squads. His turn meter reduction and turn meter fill + advantage + offense up cooldowns can make or break a match. He also has above average damage in his own right. However, he does need to be starred and geared to take advantage. Use at least 3 FO cards to take full advantage.

Edit: The synergy with Han also works well. The key is surviving until Han's taunt, keep Han up as long as possible with Lumi. The combined turn meter advantages then really start to take their toll.