CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Replies

• People were saying Kylo is average. Any thoughts? I unlocked him but now farming GS. Now a days the top teams in arena if about dps. Use poe then finish as much as you can in first two rounds.
  • Michajam wrote: »
    I was going to try the following with phasma,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.

I like those teams. Who else do you have? It would benefit you to have another AOE attack with offense up from Poggle, Like Kylo or Sideus. The FOO has a great single attack when all have advantage.

I have been using
    Phasma, FOO, Kylo, Stormtrooper han, FOTP
    The first one is for high damage quick kills
    Phasma, FOO, Kylo, FOST, Lumi
    Second to keep turn meter going for multiple turns

I think im going instead for,

1. Phasma
    2. Fives
    3. Kylo
    4. Sidious
    5. Lumi

;).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.

I like those teams. Who else do you have? It would benefit you to have another AOE attack with offense up from Poggle, Like Kylo or Sideus. The FOO has a great single attack when all have advantage.

I have been using

1. Phasma
    2. Fives
    3. Kylo
    4. Sidious
    5. Lumi

;).

I thought about fives but I love the FOO turn meter and ability to give offense up to FO. As well as the extra double attack percentage and single damage. Kylo is aoe dmg, sid aoe,phasma aoe. It's nice having FOO that can dish out FOTP type dmg. When everyone has advantage from phasma turn meter.
  • Is he used for AoE teams? All his damage is very light - reminds me of Dooku. And Sid does much better AoE and can prevent healing.

Am I missing the point of him?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    He does pretty well when he's gotten to 6*. He doesn't have to be on an aoe team but he does do great with Sid and then with Phasma leading. Lots of healing debuffs on assists
  • His outrage does 75% more damage when under 50% health. His basic can also provide heal block, and his AoE attack can grant him counter for one turn. I have him at 6* 7 gear and his courage can deal 7k damage and 11-12k critical with poggles offense up. Even more if he is under 50% health
  • He goea great with sid with phasma lead. Get poggle and ewok elder rolling:)
  • Ok which of his abilities should I focus on upgrading first then?
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have benched mine and worked on GS. Although I have Phasma but he and phasma alone can't do anything. Poggle works better with sid for crits. He still is in my arena team but I shall replace him with poe if he doesn't get nerfed or ig otherwise. Because offense is the new flavor as you move up the ladder in arena and your server gets old.

For phasma led Kylo I guess we need one more first order toon. FOO or FOTP
    Post edited by Arijit on
  • Ok is it worth beefing Luke up to go with Sid as Lead - or should I just work on getting Poggle?
  • If you still go with kylo, focus on outrage because the special can reset when kylo gets attacked. Basically, you'll be able to attack two or three times in a row with it if he keeps getting targeted or AoE'ed
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Ok is it worth beefing Luke up to go with Sid as Lead - or should I just work on getting Poggle?

I run a 5* Luke with Sid lead. He works pretty well. But if you havent invested on Luke much the best suggestion I can give is work on GS. And you can work on poggle from GW shipments. I was lucky to pull a poggle from bronzium.

BTW, Luke and Poggle farming do not conflict.
  • Ok I noticed with his last ability, if that crits it does insane damage :o - I just geared him to g6 and he's doing better.

Is Poggle just desired for his offense up? Seems like he works best with droids, right?

And do you suggest I farm Luke over Kylo in Cantina?
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    I would only use poggle on a droid team or a team with Poe and a couple glass cannons.
  • His counter works very well, so I always use it in the first round. He has an ability that resets cool downs so you could theoretically have an AoE attack every turn. Alternate between his third attack and AoE attack for maximum effect.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Have 7* Luke. He's solid but unimpressive and definitely the weak link on my team. He does better with sid as lead, but I switched to phasma and will replace Luke soon. Genosian and kylo are both better imo for cantina farming.
  • So would u say GS is better than Luke for sure? Why is GS so good? his attacks dont seem that special.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So would u say GS is better than Luke for sure? Why is GS so good? his attacks dont seem that special.
    Geo is great, his regular shot is high power and his special is high with an assist, I keep looking for a geo replacement but I don't see anyone on my bench at this time to replace him, 5's will be unlocked soon and I'll be upgrading him and try him in geos spot
  • Ok - I have Fives too and like him a lot, he just doesnt do much damage. Also he seems a bit redunant with Phasma.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Kylo gains a huge huge 25% or more damage boost at tier 8 equipment along with a sizeable hp boost. At 65 he's hitting or over 2 k base with high proc chance to land his ae is hitting 1650 and his third will deal 3500 when above 50%. I crit the enemies luminare for 11800 earlier today with it, and crit an old daka for 12200 yesterday. I also non crit for near 6k when below 50%. All of this no buffs he has the potential with offense up and advantage to crit for over 16 thousand at below 50 and still 9k above it
    Post edited by Eaywen on
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Try Sid/Poggle/Poe/Kylo/Lumi for an aoe team.

It beats all the whale teams easily and my team power is over 26k atm :)

Kylo gets almost 16k hp and can survive the biggest Rey crits and FOTP hits

I <3 him
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    Try Sid/Poggle/Poe/Kylo/Lumi for an aoe team.

I <3 him

Fantastic~
    I use: Phasma (L), Kylo, FO Officer, Poe, Lumi. If I no use Poe, I use Storm Han or I use 5555.

I love core of Phasma (L), Kylo, FO Officer. Do you try?
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I want to! :)

I'm working on my phasma from galactic war now, she's almost 6 stars.

How is FO Officer?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Kylo Ren is so special that I got a popup when I reached the proper level to farm him in cantina.
    RjrHTZW.png

Grats on getting Kylo! I usually start with a Lash Out on my first turn so that he can counter any attack and put the healing debuff. Outrage as others have pointed out has a big damage potential. I often use outrage when the health bar is yellow as it deals 50% more damage and usually is enough to finish hurt characters.

Michajam wrote: »

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.

I have been using

1. Phasma
    2. Fives
    3. Kylo
    4. Sidious
    5. Lumi

;).

I thought about fives but I love the FOO turn meter and ability to give offense up to FO. As well as the extra double attack percentage and single damage. Kylo is aoe dmg, sid aoe,phasma aoe. It's nice having FOO that can dish out FOTP type dmg. When everyone has advantage from phasma turn meter.

Not going with that anymore.

Now with this,

7* Sidious
    7* Poggle
    7* Geo
    7* Luke
    7* Lumi

;).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
    Michajam wrote: »

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.

I have been using

1. Phasma
    2. Fives
    3. Kylo
    4. Sidious
    5. Lumi

;).

Not going with that anymore.

Now with this,

7* Sidious
    7* Poggle
    7* Geo
    7* Luke
    7* Lumi

;).

Whether to replace Lumi with Poe is debatable based on whether he gets nerfed or players withing your rank run him.
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Greetings fellow heroes!

I have just unlocked Kylo Ren after 4 days of farming him from 4C. I will keep farming him to star him up. My questions are:

1) Which abilities should i prioritize in leveling up? ( i have limited purple ability mats )

2) Should i rush him to gear 7? Or just gear up my Sid/Lumi first to 7? They are both 6 stars btw.

3) Im currently running a team of phasma(5*)(lead), sid(6*), lumi(6*), jc(4*), poe(4*)/fotp(1*). Who should I replace for Kylo?

I look forward to your advices and comments.

Thanks!
  • 1) that's are hard choice all his abilities are good, but probably his basic last.
    2) no need to rush, get them first then get him
    3) I would swap with JC
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    outrage and lash out are both good abilities

Lash gives him a counter and is AOE
    Outrage can be leveled to do 75% more damage when he is half health or below.

He also gets quite meaty. I got him at gear 8 and he has 11000 hp

Lumi and sid don't interfere with him because they are farmed in arena and gw
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Agree with SilverSargeant