CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Replies

• So many players seem to love the Dark Side, and while I hate fighting Dooku and Sidious, since everyone has them both maxed out, you get used to it.

However, not everyone seems to have Kylo Ren yet, and I am glad because he is way way overpowered.

He almost always attacks first, group attack. He gets Retribution, which means he counter attacks you if you dare to attack him.
    Then on his next turn, since you may have managed to scratch him, he does his group attack again.

He makes Darth Sidious look like a tired old man since DS only group attacks every 3-4 turns.

No player should be able to group attack every turn. Fix it!
  • Welcome to the forum.
  • I got Kylo and regret it, but I'm already too invested to not leveling him to 7* (currently half way to 6*).
    He's got good amount of health, nice power, but unless you go all in on a First Order team - meaning Phasma is your captain and you're willing to spend $200 for a decent FOP, I would go on another route.
  • 7* max level 8 gear kylo I have.....
    He is a beast, over 15k health, his specials pack a punch.
  • 43485124.jpg
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    JustMeAlex wrote: »
    So many players seem to love the Dark Side, and while I hate fighting Dooku and Sidious, since everyone has them both maxed out, you get used to it.

However, not everyone seems to have Kylo Ren yet, and I am glad because he is way way overpowered.

He almost always attacks first, group attack. He gets Retribution, which means he counter attacks you if you dare to attack him.
    Then on his next turn, since you may have managed to scratch him, he does his group attack again.

He makes Darth Sidious look like a tired old man since DS only group attacks every 3-4 turns.

Let me guess... you have Dooku on your team?
    Kylo is very strong but IMO not OP. Certainly not compared to most of the other name characters that came out at the same time: all of Poe, Rey and Phasma are stronger.
    He's a complex character and has to be "managed". Obviously, do not attack him. Try to stun him if possible. Also, once you get him down below 50% make sure you finish him off.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Guys thanks for all the good input. He sure seems better if geared properly (surprise!)

My new question is: should I farm GS or Kylo from Cantina? I don't have Poggle yet, working on topping of Lumi.
  • I am a noob to gaming. Would someone be kind enough to explain a few terms and help me manage my toons? First off, what is IMO and OP?
  • I am a noob to gaming. Would someone be kind enough to explain a few terms and help me manage my toons? First off, what is IMO and OP?

IMO = In My Opinion
    OP = Over Powered. Means a character is way more powerful than they should be.
  • I am having difficulty deciding who to develop on my roster of toons. I will list who I have, please give me some guidance in who to focus on.
    Cad Bane 6* / gear 6 / level 54
    JC. 6* / gear 6 / lvl 54
    Leila 6* / gear 5 /lvl 54
    Asajj V. 5* / gear 7 / lvl 54
    Capt. Phasma 5* / gear 5 / lvl 54
    Chewie 5* / gear 4 / lvl 54
    D. Maul. 5*. / gear 5 / lvl 54
    HK-47. 5*. / gear 5/ lvl 54
    Lumi 5* / gear 5 / lvl 54
    Bariss. 4* / gear 7 / lvl 54
    Sid. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 54
    Kylo Ren. 4* / gear 5 / lvl 54
    Old Daka 4*. / gear 5 / lvl 54
    Talia. 4* / gear 5 / lvl 54
    Old Ben. 4* / gear 4 /lvl 52
    Poe. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 52
    FO Officer. 3* / gear 3 /lvl 52
    Jawa. 5* / gear 4 / lvl 51
    D. Vader. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 51
    Ewok Elder. 4* / gear 5 / lvl 51
    Finn. 4* / gear 4 /lvl 51
    Ima-Gun Di. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 51
    Mace Windu. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 46
    JK Anakin 4* / gear 4 / lvl45
    FO Stormtrooper. 3* / gear 4 / lvl 43
    Admiral Ackbar. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 42
    Qui-Gon Jinn. 5* / gear 2 / lvl 41
    Rey. 5* / gear 3 / lvl 40
    Clone Sgt. phase 1. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 40
    FOTP. 4* / gear 4 / lvl 40
    Kit Fisto. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 40
    Night sister Acolyte. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 40
    ST Han. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 40
    Ashoka Tano. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 35
    Ugnaught 3* / gear 3 / lvl 34
    IG -86. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 33
    IG 88. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 33
    Royal Guard. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 33
    Nightsister Initiate. 3* / gear 2 / lvl 33
    JK Guardian. 4* / gear 3 / lvl 28
    Greedo 3* / gear 2 / lvl28
    Ewok Scout. 4* / gear 2 / lvl 20
    Ayala Secura. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 19
    IG -100 Magnaguard. 2* / gear 1 / lvl 13
    Coruscant Underworld Police. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 9
    Resistance Pilot. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 7
    Snowtrooper. 3* / gear 1 /lvl 7
    Geonosian Soldier. 3* / gear 2 / lvl 6
    Mob Enforcer. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 6
    Resistance Trooper. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 6
    Hoth Rebel Soldier. 3* / gear 2 / lvl 3
    Grand Moff Tarkin 4* / gear 1 / lvl 1
    Biggs Darklighter. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 1
    Lobot. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 1
    Stormtrooper. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 1
    Teebo. 3* / gear 1 / lvl 1

I haven't been able to get Poggle or Dooku, but working on it.
    I would greatly appreciate any help you would offer.

• WHERE THE HECK IS YODA
  • Mattyp
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Her leader ability ....

Just take a look at the top 20 players in the arena more than half use her as their leader, there's a reason for that.....
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Please nerf that guy ^
    Nerf attacks they make damage
    Nerf heal as they heal
    Nerf tanks they have more health
    Nerf aoe they make damage to everyone
    Nerf everyone so we can have clone characters that only throw flowers to the enemy and everyone wins!
    Please stop posting nerf post...
    ;)
  • murton09
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This is the issue. Is it going to be standard CG policy to nerf. Can the devs not do their job before hand and have game balance in mind before hand so I can develop my toons and not end up with an entire nerfed jedi team.

Even Ben bought it. Everyone got nerfed. CG never nerfed in two years before December...then the did a massive refund and lost all their players on their other game...what did they learn from that...start by screwing up this game...

Good job guys...

Who is left at CG? GoJ and Mani B...anyone else on roll call?

How can a handful of devs test balance better than a million ppl playing and then analyzing results?
  • JustMeAlex wrote: »
    So many players seem to love the Dark Side, and while I hate fighting Dooku and Sidious, since everyone has them both maxed out, you get used to it.

You need a strategy around every player.
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Guys thanks for all the good input. He sure seems better if geared properly (surprise!)

My new question is: should I farm GS or Kylo from Cantina? I don't have Poggle yet, working on topping of Lumi.

If you run a First order team I would go Kylo for sure. GS is a good attacker but Kylo is more balanced for the needed aoe attack and immunity debuff
  • JustMeAlex wrote: »

Sidious IS a tired old man ... have you seen the movies ;)?
    Chars like Lando can AOE every turn too and without having to have taken dmg, like Kylo. Also his dps isn't too high. Kylo is nice, but not as OP as Dooku or the like.

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    KR isn't overpowered. Phasma is way to strong.

The combination of gaining assists, slowing the enemy and boosting the own team is simply too much for one single toon.
  • Kylo ren looks real good on stats, but in combat he really isn't that much of a threat, but phasma is one hell of a leader, her leader ability (fire at will) will decimate everything specially if you have characters that call other units to join the flurry that he/she is dishing out (e.g fives, or geonosian soldier, IG 86) sometimes 3 characters attack at the same time because phasma's passive stacks with these characters "ally call" special ability,

So yeah, phasma for me is way better to add to a team.
  • Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi I want to build arround Phasma(L) Kylo FOTP what is in your opinion the 2 best tools with them ?

1/ Sid and Poggle for aoe team ?
    2/ FOO and ? For FO synergies ?
    3/ Daka and Doku ? For assist team ?
    4/ Lumi for some heal potencial ?
    5/ Leia (she has 5*) with QGJ ?

Nn Poe build, I don't own him and don't want to spend time on him because he will prob get nerf

• Its funny after getting Kylo, FOO, and Phasma to
    Poney wrote: »
    Hi I want to build arround Phasma(L) Kylo FOTP what is in your opinion the 2 best tools with them ?

1/ Sid and Poggle for aoe team ?
    2/ FOO and ? For FO synergies ?
    3/ Daka and Doku ? For assist team ?
    4/ Lumi for some heal potencial ?
    5/ Leia (she has 5*) with QGJ ?

Nn Poe build, I don't own him and don't want to spend time on him because he will prob get nerf

FOO is a must. He synergizes the best in the game with advantage and hes fast.
    Also I would recommend Lumi to heal and easy to farm.
    How many stars is FOTP because he will be too weak at less stars and would recomend a Taunt like Poe
  • Nerf phasma lead.
  • Holysilver wrote: »
    Nerf phasma lead.

Just stop
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Holysilver wrote: »
    Nerf phasma lead.

Just stop

Something sensible. Everytime I open forum, its nerf him, nerf that. Lets do something constructive, like how to make best use of Phasma, how to use this toon, that toon, whats the best synergy.
  • well, for over a month I've been in the top 5 every day, over half of those days I've been 1st

Team is (all max gear/lvl/7*)

Sid (L) , Poggle , Fives , Kylo , Lumi

The only teams I sometimes struggle with are heavy stun teams with Dooku and Daka or something as the AI seems to stun my Lumi in the first go every time :s

Other than that HK47/IG88/86/poe/poggle teams (there's like 5 in the top 20) sometimes can be a pain when they get every crit, or that 88 aoe ability blocks my toons.

Overall I really like my lineup, I honestly don't think I'd change anything if I could have any other 7* max gear character, my team is really well balanced.
  • Can anyone help me with these confusing questions about Phasma's leader ability(call assist)?
    1.Does it apply to counter attacks?
    2.Does it apply to each attack of multiattacks?
    3.Does it apply to another assist attack?
  • hy!!!! i have a PROBLEM!! why my CAPTAIN PHASMA - FIRE AT WILL out of order ?? My PHASMA 4 stars, level 62, level VII-lvl VIII, onslaught lvl4, victory march lvl4, fusillade lvl4, fire at will lvl 6!!
    Can somebody help, THX?!!
  • Thanks, this was a great read.
  • Can anyone help me with these confusing questions about Phasma's leader ability(call assist)?
    1.Does it apply to counter attacks?
    2.Does it apply to each attack of multiattacks?
    3.Does it apply to another assist attack?

Yes these are the questions that i want answer for, too!

1. if im not mistaken ive seen once before.. can someone confirm this?
    2. Ive seen leia 2nd attack proc this.. so yes?
    3. meaning, like QGJ ally calling attack? if this is what you mean then yes, QGJ initial skill can call an assist using phasma passive.. now, can the ally called by QGJ skill, call another ally using phasma skill?

Sorry if i actually creates more confusion.. oh god this is hard #thestruggleisreal