Omega Drought???

help us pleaseeeeee

How is everyone else dealing with this?

Replies

• I never understood this. I have 150+ to spare. Guess it comes later.

where abouts are you in the game? GP wise etc.

2.1m, 14 months

2.1m, 14 months

Give it time. It's coming.
  • I stopped buying zetas from the fleet store and switched to omegas.

2.1m, 14 months

Why are you not upgrading character abilities?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    I stopped buying zetas from the fleet store and switched to omegas.

This. It helps if you really need them.

Also be more thoughtful about what skills you omega and zeta. You don't actually need them all, especially when they are going to drive you to broke.

A good plan is to work towards being flexible, not maxing out. You want to be able to handle all the twists and turns they send our way. Make sure each choice you make has a background of theory crafting behind it and it is the route you want to go.
  • Heh...I'm at 73 Zeta mats, and 23 Omegas, 15 of which are slated for JTR's first three abilities. When I hit 80 Zetas, I'm definitely switching over to Omegas in fleet store.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I never understood this. I have 150+ to spare. Guess it comes later.

2.1m, 14 months

Why are you not upgrading character abilities?

No need at the moment, and it seems pointless to just upgrade various things that I dont need.
    -Raid teams are fine for what I currently use them for.
    -Arena team all omegaed (most zetad)
    -Pilots all omegaed
    -Tb teams upgraded to the point where some omegas would not make any difference in terms of what they can achieve.

I am planning to get 1 more team up and running, but that also takes like 5 x 2 x 5 omegas? Not counting zetas. Its still just 1/3 or my current stash.
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    For me its a Zeta crunch, but i wait until I save 1 zeta to spend anything on a character rather than spending omegas constantly... it takes about 2 weeks to save a full zeta and I always have plenty of them and especially purple mats I have about 600 of them without trying to save..

There are so many omega sources I dont see how you can be short, but I am only 2.2mil GP, so maybe its coming for me too and top end players seem to have this issue who have 3+ mil GP's
  • The problem with buying omegas is the cost, imo anyway. Zeta mats are rare enough and the reward good enough to warrant the cost but omega mats?!

I also think more people are feeling the hurt after dropping tons of them on the bounty hunters.
  • The problem with buying omegas is the cost, imo anyway. Zeta mats are rare enough and the reward good enough to warrant the cost but omega mats?!

I also think more people are feeling the hurt after dropping tons of them on the bounty hunters.

You know the new wookie got his fill. Had to give some for smugglers for the event.

And, if you're a decent gamblin' man, the Old republic toons now.

Crunches are part of the game, TBH, but I do agree, another way to collect an additional omega 1-2 times a week would go a long ways.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Buying omegas instead of zetas is just a waste of fleet currency. Omegas comes in much more quantities, even daily for free. No need to rush.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Buying omegas instead of zetas is just a waste of fleet currency. Omegas comes in much more quantities, even daily for free. No need to rush.

You are correct, although some like myself are very judicious with zetas. I have 120 saved and only 93 omega saved. To omega a team like the Phoenix (example), I’d run out too quickly. But zetas would still be on point. So purchasing omega mats works better for me and others.
  • No need at the moment, and it seems pointless to just upgrade various things that I dont need.
    -Pilots all omegaed
    -Tb teams upgraded to the point where some omegas would not make any difference in terms of what they can achieve.

I am planning to get 1 more team up and running, but that also takes like 5 x 2 x 5 omegas? Not counting zetas. Its still just 1/3 or my current stash.

This.

People feel the need to max out everything - but is it worth 5 omegas to give Hera 15% more damage on her basic? Their uniques sure, but Hera's not an attacker - maybe hold off on that.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • No need at the moment, and it seems pointless to just upgrade various things that I dont need.
    -Pilots all omegaed

This.

People feel the need to max out everything - but is it worth 5 omegas to give Hera 15% more damage on her basic? Their uniques sure, but Hera's not an attacker - maybe hold off on that.

100% disagree. I wouldn't waste omega mats on characters I never use, but following your example I would definitely say 15% damage on Hera's basic is totally worth it. She may not be an attacker but she does good damage with her expose', and this holds true on any omega for any character you use consistently, well with the exception of things like BB8's droid only omega, skills like that are niche and should only be boosted if you make use of it.

• 100% disagree. I wouldn't waste omega mats on characters I never use, but following your example I would definitely say 15% damage on Hera's basic is totally worth it. She may not be an attacker but she does good damage with her expose', and this holds true on any omega for any character you use consistently, well with the exception of things like BB8's droid only omega, skills like that are niche and should only be boosted if you make use of it.

But the expose is independent of her damage, and is only hit by the person that goes after her. Regardless, you make a much better point with the BB8 omega.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I have around 80 Zetas. I started buying omegas in the ship shop instead. That seems to be the best way to balance out the shortages
  • Use a management strategy to bank omegas with your Zetas.
    *save 13 omegas per 20 zeta mats
    *Dont spend omegas until you have at least 5 more than the zeta upgrade(s) you require.
    This strategy will require you to selectively upgrade a character/skill.

• obidrew1 wrote: »
    Use a management strategy to bank omegas with your Zetas.
    *save 13 omegas per 20 zeta mats
    *Dont spend omegas until you have at least 5 more than the zeta upgrade(s) you require.
    This strategy will require you to selectively upgrade a character/skill.

That’s exactly my strategy. Have no problem with omegas at all
  • Same. Once you hit ten Zetas stop spending omegas. Unless you intend to max a character weekly you shouldn't run out, unless you're a whale. You'll earn minimum 8 omegas a week and almost the same number of zetas depending on fleet rank, TW.