So then, lets talk power creep

Now we have toons like sion, treya, bastila, so on, the only things to come now shall ve even more over the top, you've pushed the power creep to far and now, you either have to push even higher, or release toons no one will ever touch, so, great work guys! You're greed is your own down fall, and I will take great pleasure in watching you suffer due to it

Replies

• I recognize this comment from somewhere...
    Oh yes, it’s been made after every meta shift since dooku lead was a thing.
    Rey, Wiggs, Chase, CLS, JTR, NS, Empire (and probably many in between that I am forgetting) all “broke the game” because the power creep was “finally too much”. Yet here we all are still grinding away.
  • Meta right now is pretty stale. Ready for the meta to change.
  • Wow...this post is a little late to the party. OP what team are you running in arena?
  • JVU420 wrote: »
    Meta right now is pretty stale. Ready for the meta to change.

Agreed. The Traya blockade in arena is just so boring. A little variety the farther back you drop but wow....if you don’t have Traya, you won’t break your way into the top 20.
  • Lol in some shards ur lucky to get top 100 if you dont have traya glad i do
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    JVU420 wrote: »

I think Jedi Revan will make Bastila (L) teams meta over Traya/Sith. Patience.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    You're greed is your own down fall, and I will take great pleasure in watching you suffer due to it

1.) You've been posting this sentiment since you joined the forum. Got it the first 50 gazillion times.
    2.) If by "suffer" you mean "vacuum millions and millions of dollars a month", sure.
  • This seems to be the cycle, from what I can tell:
    1. CG releases new character or reworks an old character, either to keep up with power creep, to prepare for another upcoming character, or to counter the current meta.
    2. People look for ways to use the character effectively.
    3. The meta may shift, potentially including the character or simply adjusting as a result of the change.
    4. People look for ways to counter the new meta.
    5. If an effective counter is found, the meta shifts again.
    6. Repeat 4 and 5 until the meta settles and an effective counter is difficult to find. (This is where we appear to be with the Traya meta).
    7. Repeat the cycle.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    And? I think the power creep issue is very obvious. This game isn't trying to have the lifespan of EQ or WoW. Get their money and get out. It wont last long term and thats ok. That's not the business model.
  • Who you callin' a creep!?!?! :p

Agreed. The Traya blockade in arena is just so boring. A little variety the farther back you drop but wow....if you don’t have Traya, you won’t break your way into the top 20.

Not true. You just have to be able to beat traya lead to get past the blockade. I still run ep lead, no traya, and battle it out with the bastilla and traya teams in my shard. I can get top 10 most days and 1st or 2nd if all goes right.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    And? I think the power creep issue is very obvious. This game isn't trying to have the lifespan of EQ or WoW. Get their money and get out. It wont last long term and thats ok. That's not the business model.

Those games are subscription model, this is a f2p game. Power creep are the bread and butter of f2p games I've seen so far.

I break through everyday with my jango squad :)
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »

Those games are subscription model, this is a f2p game. Power creep are the bread and butter of f2p games I've seen so far.

That is a major factor in why longevity is not part of the business model in swgoh yes, that is stating the obvious and emphasizes my point.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

That is a major factor in why longevity is not part of the business model in swgoh yes, that is stating the obvious and emphasizes my point.

I'm not sure how you automatically tie in power creep with longetivity. CG's previous game has 10 times the amount of power creep this one has (like meta changes every 2 weeks), it's 3 years older and it's still well and alive. Maybe it's because mobile games are cheaper to develop and maintain over time. Their audience can contract but they also have lesser moving parts. I'm not sure.

Overall the amount of power creep in swgoh is within bearable level for me. There were some instances it went over the top (like the release of chase without any means to acquire them for f2p). It ebbs and flows.

Nevertheless I don't like this biz model either and this will be the last (2nd) f2p game I played in long term.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    JVU420 wrote: »

I think Jedi Revan will make Bastila (L) teams meta over Traya/Sith. Patience.

It will be Revan lead will be better than Bastila. Been patient lol. Have Traya 7 stars for quite some time.