[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• The real hype will be for Darth Revan, now he’s the real deal that most of us are waiting for...
  • This is the first time they have done this. They work off Data. Make sure the data says we didn’t bite and they won’t do it like this anymore.
  • After thé 7stars HT in Ship Arena, here comes the 7stars Revan in arena....
    Enjoy...
  • @Doomseyes are you bad at math? Its physically impossible to have 7* the required characters without spending money, even if you had crystals saved up since Bastila and Jolee were released. IMPOSSIBLE. So yes, people are going to complain that it is litterally them outting themselves as the greedy money grubbing company we always knew they were, but wanted to believe that they actually cared about their player base as much as making their dirty, predatory money.
  • More than disappointed, i farmed them all since they were released, spending 700 Crystals a day and look were I amgt3zao65avyt.png

I love that you doggedly recorded all this data. Kudos to you. Who is Heute?
  • thanks CG for ruining the only escape I had in my life. I was looking forward to Revan coming out and even have a 7* G12 Bastsila. @CG_Carrie this is a big F-U to people like me who have spent a considerable amount of real money in your game. More than I have ever spent on any other game in my life. Now it's ruined with all the break neck changes you keep making. The last toons needed for Revan became farm-able 3 weeks ago. The calculator says that I'll need to spend 3000 crystals per day to get him. That's $30 a day. That's $480. I could buy 5 Xbox One games with a season pass and exclusive content and never spend another dime on those games again. This is ridiculous. I've been playing this game for going on two years. I don't even know how many hours of the last two years I've given to this game but it stops here. @CG_SBCrumb I've enjoyed you as the community Rep. Thanks for being a fun guy.

that calculater didn't take account normal energy refreshes
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    This is the first time they have done this. They work off Data. Make sure the data says we didn’t bite and they won’t do it like this anymore.

Listen to this man, he makes sense.
  • I'm surprised Revan came this quickly. Even players throwing 600+ daily crystals at the 5 KOTOR toons can't get to 7* in time, which makes them unlikely to purchase.

I'm sure they're timing it based on their expected maximum cash intake...but I assumed most of the whales already have these toons, and the dolphins aren't close enough to spend to make up the difference. So who are they targeting?
  • the one thing that i will never forget is.

they can sit around for a couple hours watching peons solve puzzles buy they cant take 2-3min to clarify themselves and represent their corrupt actions. they must hide and not respond because there is nothing postive that really can be said about this.

i just hope it doesnt destroy guilds and thin out the player base. i havent seen it this bad since the original mod release
  • Double drops??

More like 5x drops just so we have the chance to panic farm lol

CG what are you doing? Just kidding, im not surprised AT ALL

bye
  • I just remember some people saying:
    "Give us Revan, most of us will pay anything to get him or even start paying!"

Maybe it's our fault? XD
  • Well this sucks unless your a kraken.
  • Revan is a paid character... now it doesn’t look that bad those marqee events... don’t you think!
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    More than disappointed, i farmed them all since they were released, spending 700 Crystals a day and look were I amgt3zao65avyt.png

I love that you doggedly recorded all this data. Kudos to you. Who is Heute?

german for "today"
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Now give us the kit!!!! C'mon CG, its a week away... give us the Kit!!!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    you know, we don't even know if it takes we can't unlock Revan at 5*. They said 7* characters unlock 7* Revan. They didn't mention 5*.

I didn't complete Chewbacca's legendary event, and I have him at 5*

edit- then again, they did say 'complete and unlock a 7*'
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Revan came this quickly. Even players throwing 600+ daily crystals at the 5 KOTOR toons can't get to 7* in time, which makes them unlikely to purchase.

I'm sure they're timing it based on their expected maximum cash intake...but I assumed most of the whales already have these toons, and the dolphins aren't close enough to spend to make up the difference. So who are they targeting?

The whales, of course. They have already made their purchases. Now it's time for their prize.

There are likely other customers that have not finalized their KOTOR purchases; Revan is their incentive to do so.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    nmelcer wrote: »
    @Doomseyes are you bad at math? Its physically impossible to have 7* the required characters without spending money, even if you had crystals saved up since Bastila and Jolee were released. IMPOSSIBLE. So yes, people are going to complain that it is litterally them outting themselves as the greedy money grubbing company we always knew they were, but wanted to believe that they actually cared about their player base as much as making their dirty, predatory money.

Why? There's a f2p with 80k crystals banked previously in the thread and OR shards are in the store. There will be a handful of f2p people capable of doing it. Not that it changes anything.
  • I have actually already had a guild mate leave the game due to the way revan is being released. I am very curious how many players will find this as the last straw and leave.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Thankfully I have not played KOTOR and so I don’t have to worry about revan for myself because I don’t care whether I get him or not.

You do realize jedi Revan will end the Traya era, so youll literally have nothing but revan teams in your top100? How on Earth would that not impact you?
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

So we had to save up 1 year of crystals or what do you mean?
    If the dislike button wasn’t removed you guys just got a high amount of them.

• CG is a profit maximizing company. They don't make a game we want to play for us. They do it because there is money on the line. This isn't saying that CG is bad. All companies do this. They have pretty good data on when people will spend money, and they have timed this release to maximize the amount of money that people will spend to get the toons ready for Revan. That's fine. The ftp folks will get him later. Ok, it sucks because the shards are going to be flooded by the whales. That's not new.

Think about it this way: Either CG gives the whales a premium bonus character occasionally, there are stupid numbers of ads for third party products, CG takes all of your data all the time, or we all pay a subscription fee. The whales are subsidizing the rest of us playing.

I wish people would make a game that you can play for free with good graphics and constantly expanding content, but that's not the way economics works. People make rational decisions regarding how their resources are most wisely spent. That includes the whales. They are getting more joy out of having those premium characters than they are having the money they spend on getting the characters.

Waiting sucks. I get it. My suggestion is to fume quietly about how everyone has to work for a living.
  • I like the way this game going.
    Now you have to CHOOSE the path, a resistance player, a sith player, a scoundrel player or something like.
    You invest heavy into a faction so you get some exclusive shiny new toys first (unless you're a Kraken), not just like everyone has everything before.
  • Sorry, but this post is dumb. If he were attainable for F2P, then he wouldn't be special. If everyone has something, then it isn't rare. If you want a rare, F2P character, I'm pretty sure CUP or Lobot fits that bill. Also, if he breaks the meta, that helps the F2P that don't have Traya yet. Just sayin
  • Manolo_GER
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm quite ****... I have farmed the kotor toons since they became farmable but I just have them on 5*. If you dont spend 100's of €/$ you wont have a chance to make it in time. Thats just a hit into the face of players that are f2p or maybe like me spend some money on the game. I bought all the marque packages for the kotor toons because I thought Revan will come and I want him so bad but now I spend money and I'm not even close to get the toons in time if I not spend like some 100's more....
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

So we had to save up 1 year of crystals or what do you mean?
    If the dislike button wasn’t removed you guys just got a high amount of them.

No. I've been saving since Bossk. Only spending the very few needed to get my 600 daily. I also get top 3 in both Arenas.

It's possible. Again, because YOU didn't want to save doesn't mean it's a horrible move.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Well... I guess Revan only next year :(
    This event will be only for P2W players... If CG at least made two of the Old Republic characters available in stores, like the guild or the fleet...
  • The issue with this situation is that it feels like we are saying the same things we said months ago. The devs seemed to have learned from this when they addressed the lack of transparency. They started giving us more updates and the road ahead. Flash forward to around 6 months later and here we are again. In the past both the devs and the players were to blame for not being ready for events. In this current situation, even if you farmed old republic from the moment they were available to farm, like I have, if you are f2p it isn’t possible. Giving a weeks notice isn’t enough time. Most people were thinking maybe another month. Or in the very least, we thought maybe a 5* unlock. This is a big letdown. But I will say thanks to the devs for finally bringing the most requested character to the game.