[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    qfwm2001 wrote: »
    I never understand why people go hating on CG. It is a business that needs income to continue to be solvent. This model of releasing toons that will cost real $ to obtain the first go around works for everyone. Whales get to run a toon for a bit exclusively, CG makes enough money to develop more content, and FTP players will get the toon soon enough. Any person that wants to get this toon bad enough now will pay up to get it done. CG could easily make this like other MMO's and create toons that are only accessible by unlocking by purchasing with actual real money. You remember what it was like when you had to purchase your games for actual real money and not play for over 2 years for free? Without funds this whole thing collapses.

    Honestly grow up people. Every toon released has eventually been made FTP.

    What about the people inbetween who could justify 1-2 toons but not 3-5?

    There's a difference between funding a game and being lazy and greedy.

  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Way too soon after bounty hunter farm. Have hardly started on the TOR crowd other than Bastilla. I've resigned myself that there's no way this time which is a shame. Revan will be the first character I didn't unlock on their first event but that's ok. Had to happen sometime.
  • Thank you CG for finally leaning in favor to the P2P crowd. It's about time we get a character that won't be available to the masses immediately.

    @BoxandthefuzzReturns I've already dropped close to $100 on these characters. Please tell me, how P2P do I need to be?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • How about extending the pool of eligible toons?! HK and Visas are both totally reasonable. Give some options, some low hanging fruit...give a chance to your community.
  • I think this is disgraceful and pathetic they released Revan as a "heroes journey" charcter and need all OR 7star to unlock.
    Whoever compares this to RJt is crazy and know nothing. Im a f2p player who finishes Both arena top5 each day for like 1,5 years at least and fleet since it was released. RJt needed a bit if preparation and savings and that way it was possible to unlock her. It was 2 cantina characters (veterans) that made it difficult but basicly with saving 10k crystals as preparation and buy them from shipnents and also farm them from the beginning made it possible f2p way.

    Now its completely impossible! No chance. Absolutely no chance no matter how you prepared to unlock Revan f2p. Whoever Say its possible or that he/she can do it is a liar. Most f2p players were just drained by the Chewie legendary but who didnt give in and already prepared for Revan released should be doomed. The f2p players who unlock it should have accumulated like 80k crystals to unlock it in time. That almost takes more time then the time we had since the first OR character was released. Not to mention every f2p players spend on energy and already had to spend tons of crystals just to get them 4-5 star by Now.

    I think with clever playing and saving crystals every event should be f2p.

    This is not one of them and its wrong. Bad for the community and very bad for the reputation of CG.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Now give us the kit!!!! C'mon CG, its a week away... give us the Kit!!!

    It’s gotta (hopefully) work with all the KotOR toons. Right now it’s only Bastila and Jolee for leader synergy and Mission and Vaal for Unique synergies. Poor lil ole T3 is lonely.

    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Eutus
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CaptainRex wrote: »

    @BoxandthefuzzReturns I've already dropped close to $100 on these characters. Please tell me, how P2P do I need to be?

    100$ lol bout ten more times champ.
  • My goodness. There are plenty of other good heroes to farm and gear, even for a longtime player like me. Work on them, farm the required heroes for this event slowly, and get Revan in January. Don't get distracted by shiny new things if you don't like spending. The games business model has not changed, don't expect it too just because you are a fan of a certain hero.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

    Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

    For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

    1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

    So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

    Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

    In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

    So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

    All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

    Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

    I understand what you're saying, but do you honestly feel like hoarding 40k crystals just to be prepared is reasonable?
    I'm not angry and if i'm being honest i am not really as prepared as i could have been, but regardless i would have never hoarded 40k crystals. That's just an unreasonable amount just to be prepared for just 1(!) character.
    This goes for you @Roken_Fett aswelll as @DoomeyEyes

    So just because you are prepared (by some miracle i may add) doesn't mean CG didn't pull a punk on their playerbase.
    For the record, i personally don't consider it a punk move. I've no problem just accepting this even is not for me the first go around. it is however the first legendary/heroes journey i consider p2p only because imo the preparation needed to pull this off for f2p players is unreasonable. I got all the others the first go around except for bb8, but that was entirely my own fault.

    No, I don't think most people would hoard that much. But I was hoarding for another character that I wanted since launch. But I made a choice to keep hoarding to prepare for this. Once the KOTOR toons were announced EVERYONE should have known Revan was coming.

    Yes, I was pretty mad that Jango was put on Marquee and then these toons were announced. I understand the anger. But I lost out on Jango when lots didn't. And there are gear 12 Chewbaccas running around, which I don't have either.

    We all have choices to make, is all I'm saying.

    The question was whether or not you think it's reasonable to "need" 40k hoarded crystals just to unlock 1 heroes journey character?
    I think it's unreasonable to expect any f2p player, even the day 1 f2p players, to have that many haorded crystals. Wich is fine really, but it does make it a p2p event. So saying that players should have prepared better seems a bit silly to me. Apparantly my defintion of reasonable is different than yours. I'm happy for you that you're going to unlock revan though.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

    Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

    For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

    1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

    So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

    Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

    In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

    So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

    All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

    Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

    I understand what you're saying, but do you honestly feel like hoarding 40k crystals just to be prepared is reasonable?
    I'm not angry and if i'm being honest i am not really as prepared as i could have been, but regardless i would have never hoarded 40k crystals. That's just an unreasonable amount just to be prepared for just 1(!) character.
    This goes for you @Roken_Fett aswelll as @DoomeyEyes

    So just because you are prepared (by some miracle i may add) doesn't mean CG didn't pull a punk on their playerbase.
    For the record, i personally don't consider it a punk move. I've no problem just accepting this even is not for me the first go around. it is however the first legendary/heroes journey i consider p2p only because imo the preparation needed to pull this off for f2p players is unreasonable. I got all the others the first go around except for bb8, but that was entirely my own fault.

    Maybe he's got no reason to spent it.
    Just like me have over 120m credits sometimes, or saving gears over 4 months..

    @Phoenixeon
    What's your point? It would still be unreasonable to have an event that requires 120m credits within a week. The fact that you were able to save up 120m credits doesn't change that. You could still wave your finger around saying that all players who aren't able to get that many credits in time should have prepared better though, but imo that would be equally silly.
    I still wouldn't complain though, as i'm not complaining now. I was just curious if players with 40k crystals saved up thought it was a reasonable requirement for unlocking revan the first go around.
    I'm happy with the choices i made and i'm fine with the way they're releasing revan. Partly because even if they released revan in a what would have been a reasonable time from f2p release to event according to my own standards, i still probably wouldn't have been ready. That it's sheer impossible now might even be a blessing for me personally.
  • Disappointed in you guys and gals at CG, a toon that is much loved and requested and you stick him behind 2 Cantina and 3 hard node farms. So sad and disappointed
  • The worst part about JTR is that the vets are absolutely useless, ya they synergies are scoundrel, but I haven’t had a reason to use them since the Jedi Rey event ,
  • Its not even pay to win,more of a gamble with a chance to win.
  • There’s no megathread for the Making Of post (unless I missed it, in which case just kove this there and accept my apology) but I wanted to say I really liked that and would enjoy more in the future—even for lower-importance characters like the Paos and Bistans of the future.

    I also really appreciated that the post was written with only saying Revan instead of him/her. It’s cool that you’re respecting player agency in KotOR by not showing a specific face, but equally cool that you’re not assigning a sex, since that was also a matter of player choice. Big kudes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CLS - toons in game that were HEAVILY hinted at. Old Ben wasn’t a panic farm it was just an unprepared farm. Also arena , gw,cantina store- had the toons.

    JTR- toons that were in game with VETS being kitten requirements.

    Jedi Revan - toons that were in game a month ago. (I don’t count spending crystals as farming- but not hating on it, it’s smart and if you are able - awesome)
    3 hard nodes + 3 ship nodes
    2 cantina.

    This has been a major jump. Yes we all knew old republic for Revan. But look at the list above and imagine the next journey. And the one after that. Or even the next levels of the journey for Luke, jtr, and JR. Extrapolate lol.

    From Sith raid, to Jango being a marquee , to Revan is not player friendly at all.

    Obviously I will continue to play and enjoy the game but I will not even refresh anything that has old republic in it. Im def losing out on a great toon but I’ll get it next time and hopefully the next journey won’t be this kitten.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Thank you CG for finally leaning in favor to the P2P crowd. It's about time we get a character that won't be available to the masses immediately.

    @BoxandthefuzzReturns I've already dropped close to $100 on these characters. Please tell me, how P2P do I need to be?

    More? ... don't hit me ...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    There’s no megathread for the Making Of post (unless I missed it, in which case just kove this there and accept my apology) but I wanted to say I really liked that and would enjoy more in the future—even for lower-importance characters like the Paos and Bistans of the future.

    I also really appreciated that the post was written with only saying Revan instead of him/her. It’s cool that you’re respecting player agency in KotOR by not showing a specific face, but equally cool that you’re not assigning a sex, since that was also a matter of player choice. Big kudes.

    Concur^^
  • i won't get Revan this time and I've come to terms. Now I can use my crstyals to get the gear I need for Scoundrels and other toons I need to gear up
  • The worst part about JTR is that the vets are absolutely useless, ya they synergies are scoundrel, but I haven’t had a reason to use them since the Jedi Rey event ,
    Pretty sure they were added to this faction because that has been a main gripe.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Why are people still defending these decisions? lol. At least its less, each time more white night kissers are dwindling, which is good. Get more people to realise that this doesn't exactly help the game improve, that multitudes of people quitting the game is actually a bad thing.

    But seriously though, we've had 2-3 weeks to farm some of the required characters, why do this.

    If they had waited longer for people to catch up, then they would have sold more packs and made MORE money.

    But instead only the people who don't care about money and actually living life will be the people that get him since they actually made it impossible for the average spender to unlock him.

    Like, whose idea was that, if they had waited one more month they would have earnt loads more, but they what, decided to just skrew over everyone and release Revan this early? xD

    One month later - happier playerbase and more money

    Now - unhappy playerbase, people quitting, less money.

    Someone explain this to me.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

    They let the hate flow for a bit. And knew the hate would flow as well lol
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

    They let the hate flow for a bit. And knew the hate would flow as well lol

    to be fair, the hate would have flowed even if the event took place a month or 2 from now ;)
  • HK22
    643 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

    Seriously? They posted this 4 hours ago. The Sith Raid topic went for months with no response. Hyperbole much?

    Not aiming for hyperbole at all, just making a casual observation and question. I am simply curious how many pages this one will get before an official response compared to the Sith Raid topic. I said nothing about the period of time, just the simple number of pages.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    There’s no megathread for the Making Of post (unless I missed it, in which case just kove this there and accept my apology) but I wanted to say I really liked that and would enjoy more in the future—even for lower-importance characters like the Paos and Bistans of the future.

    I also really appreciated that the post was written with only saying Revan instead of him/her. It’s cool that you’re respecting player agency in KotOR by not showing a specific face, but equally cool that you’re not assigning a sex, since that was also a matter of player choice. Big kudes.

    I noticed that their workflow on 3d is cinema4d! Maybe I should apply for a job to get Revan.

    axtk6oa05lxd.png
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Why are people still defending these decisions? lol. At least its less, each time more white night kissers are dwindling, which is good. Get more people to realise that this doesn't exactly help the game improve, that multitudes of people quitting the game is actually a bad thing.

    But seriously though, we've had 2-3 weeks to farm some of the required characters, why do this.

    If they had waited longer for people to catch up, then they would have sold more packs and made MORE money.

    But instead only the people who don't care about money and actually living life will be the people that get him since they actually made it impossible for the average spender to unlock him.

    Like, whose idea was that, if they had waited one more month they would have earnt loads more, but they what, decided to just skrew over everyone and release Revan this early? xD

    One month later - happier playerbase and more money

    Now - unhappy playerbase, people quitting, less money.

    Someone explain this to me.

    Sounds like a solid business model.
  • At this point I’m not even mad, just disappointed. Chewie was not even two weeks ago, and now they dump this on us. They knew what they were doing. Everyone is tired and broke from panic farming Chewie, and now we actually have to spend money for Jedi revan. All I can hope for is that Revan isn’t too game breaking...
  • This was the last thing I needed to quit the game. What a horrible money grab, bad decision. Anyone want to buy an account 3.7Mil GP.
Sign In or Register to comment.