[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Bet you guys miss marquees now. Haha.

Oh well. Feb' 16 shard, not gonna panic farm this dude.

Read about him, interesting back story. But the 5 toons required other than Bastila are just lame

Got every legendary first time round, because there was ample time to at least cross the final hurdle, this time, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just gonna slowly walk my way through this shyiat.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb can we at least get a kit reveal?
    It will directly counter sith and wipe the floor with traya. He might even have a unique that just says "immune to damage and negative effects from sith".
  • To be honest, I'm very very very upset!

I bought all five Marquees for the Kotor faction and I started farming them from the beginning but I'm still ~800 shards away to have all of them at 7*. And now? How should it be possible to get 800 shards in 2 weeks even if you would buy all the packs?

So what is this? A character exclusive to some people that are willing to spend 500$/€ on a charakter? Dont you think it would bring you more money if you push back the event a month where the people are in range to make the 7* with the packs and some extra cristalls? Also I think a huge part of the players will be at least very upset! Do you think thats good for the game?

If you leave this extreme high paywall, just very few will spend the money and the rest will farm it f2p and then get the charakter the next time for free instead of investing a reasonable amount right now.

So think about it. You admitted errors in the past and the community was greatful for that. Push back the event and make the community happy and make more money!
  • CG just used Fracture. The game was good. The community was better. "All good things" I suppose...
  • We better get another shot at the event in a reasonable amount of time -- ya know, at a point when more of us normal mortals will have the OR characters at 7*. For this first event there is not nearly enough time to farm 2 different cantina characters to 7* and these various hard nodes for shards at these drop rates. I will not be suckered into a panic farm and $$ for limited time packs. Please don't make us wait several months for another shot.
  • @CG_SBCrumb:
    Would you mind confirming that this is an "event" not an "Hero's Journey Event" as you had worded it for Jedi Training Rey and Commander Luke Skywalker?
    I guess a HUGE amount of these post would look differently entirely ^^ Or is it intentional PR, with the wording you've chosen?

I'm just saying:
    If you messed up on wording in that announcement, I guess you might lose more than just some credibility
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Cossin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb:
    Would you mind confirming that this is an "event" not an "Hero's Journey Event" as you had worded it for Jedi Training Rey and Commander Luke Skywalker?
    I guess a HUGE amount of these post would look differently entirely ^^ Or is it intentional PR, with the wording you've chosen?

I'm just saying:
    If you messed up on wording in that announcement, I guess you might lose more than just some credibility

"An Ancient Journey of Redemption
    Have you heard the tale of the Hero..."

What's confusing about it? It's a hero's journey, unlocks at 7* just like the others.
  • Some perspective needed here. The sun will still rise and set regardless of whether you have Revan on 18th October. Although the threats to leave are hilariously transparent so do carry on with those. If, of course, you meant it you'd just do it.

That said, seems odd no-one is thinking there could be a sting in the tail to this cash grab. While light side Revan will likely be decent, dark side Revan is where the original KOTOR was at. Part of me suspects whenever he arrives he'll be much better, and if that just happens to be soon after the upcoming release not panic farming now may actually turn out to be a good thing.
  • To be as constructive as possible, nice move again EA/CG :smile:
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat
    Hmmm just over 750 posts and not a single one is in support of what you’ve done. Sure there are some saying to “stop whining” and “get over it” but that’s not in defense of you. It’s more so those tired of seeing thousand of comments about your bad decisions or those that have just reserved themselves to those same practices and are done being upset.

Nobody thinks what you’ve done is ok. Maybe I miss one or two, but you guys messed up...AGAIN. You left hordes of cash on the table for this event by alienating everyone but whales thinking that you could squeeze more money than before but it’s Revan. However you shot yourselves in the foot because those that would have spent, slammed their wallets shut.

I’m sorry guys but you’re going to lose long time spenders to this all for what? Trying to snake extra money? The excitement was there. The character hype was there. You had all types of spenders ready to pay. You would have had even some F2P splurge a little too. But you guys took that all away. Oh well, that’s on you guys.
  • They could also just leave it as an open ended event. No time limit. Get him when your farm is done then people having a choice of time Vs spend like a game should be
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Some perspective needed here. The sun will still rise and set regardless of whether you have Revan on 18th October. Although the threats to leave are hilariously transparent so do carry on with those. If, of course, you meant it you'd just do it.

That said, seems odd no-one is thinking there could be a sting in the tail to this cash grab. While light side Revan will likely be decent, dark side Revan is where the original KOTOR was at. Part of me suspects whenever he arrives he'll be much better, and if that just happens to be soon after the upcoming release not panic farming now may actually turn out to be a good thing.

Revan was lightside during KOTOR, he was darkside before that, after having already been lightside.

PS. Shame on you CG/EA
  • It could be a present for all players.... but.. wait.. it´s to easy
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Some perspective needed here. The sun will still rise and set regardless of whether you have Revan on 18th October. Although the threats to leave are hilariously transparent so do carry on with those. If, of course, you meant it you'd just do it.

Revan was lightside during KOTOR, he was darkside before that, after having already been lightside.

PS. Shame on you CG/EA

I know that. But the narrative is about Big Bad Revan.
  • That's very nice but very few of us can afford 2 panic farms within just a few weeks... Nice try EA :wink:
    This is scary coz it means this game does not make enough currency for EA's holders and they will just shut it down if not enough people fall for the money grab. Time to play something else ? I hope not...
    I just got JTR and you managed t kill all joy from it :neutral:
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    The thing with this game is, that even if it made zero money, it would still be a gigantic asset to Disney because it keeps people occupied and excited about Star Wars.
  • Why HK47 is not an old republic toon?
    Observation: the days are grim.
  • The next credit heist will be Thursday, 18th October #swgoh #heists #revan
  • EA\CG doesn‘t know how to make money. At least anounce double drops for one week, so let the hope rises among the the player base. after three day‘s intruduce the packs (you can make it!!) and final make this event this hard, so you need them at g12 with decent mods ———> ring ring $$$ and many disapointed faces will rise on the jouney to quit this game.
  • So coming from a player who not only bought all the Kotor marquee packs I have to spend another 75$ to get these three packs and then still spend even more money after all that to panic farm the characters up to 7 stars this is way to far. I’ve watched so many players leave this game because of past tense events like this and guess what you’ve caused another panic roit filled with rage quitting and going completely free to play / casual. Very simple things that could’ve been done to keep this from happening is giving these players who work so hard more time to farm the Kotor characters obviously and second give more than a weeks notice after you tease the character for a legendary/ heroes journey. This post will be delivered deleted and laughed at while it gets lost threw the cracks of the internet. Makes it hard to ever want to spend money on this game again.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    You know what I find funny? All these people saying 'oh I'm a dec 15 player and this is a travesty wah wah wah'.

3 things -

1) if you've been playing this game that long you have a massive advantage already over newer players. You likely have the majority of toons, and a GP of at least 2.8m+. One character, I e Revan, is unlikely to seriously impact your ability to throw competitive teams together.

2) the original whaler's have run out of steam thru endless marquees. Hardly any of them splurge anymore. Who does that leave to spend? New whales, with thinner rosters, who will spend to get the edge. The original whales still have massive resources and will likely 'wait and see' on Revan

3) anyone who didn't see bastilla and Jolee going in to the shard shop in July as a precursor is a fool. Straight up. This is exactly what happened with the Vets for JTR.

I will however agree that Jango as a marquee (wrong call), followed by Chewie as Legendary, then this rushed Revan release is a bit much for most in a short period of time ( 6 weeks?) Revan should have been delayed til the holiday season.
  • Glad they finally added a revan would i have like darth revan more yes more kotor toons yes but still happy they added him. Not sure why everyone is complaining if you dont get ut first time around just get it the 2nd time if you cant get it 6 months later you would not get it if the waited 2 more weeks to do it.

GREAT JOB ON REVAN EA/CG cant wait to see his kit.
  • No more money in the game for me now, and you know what, it's délicious , thank's EA, thank's Revan, i feel free lol
  • To be honest, I'm very very very upset!

They have a lot of experience in getting the most money out of players. This is how freemium games work. Make your peace with it, and enjoy the game.

Anyway, you have lot of shards for 5 very interesting characters, which means you'll 7* them before me and most other players, and you will be ready for the 2nd Revan event before most other players too. It's not the end of the world.
  • If Revan isn’t worth the slog and £ and gearing and turns out to be another dud I’ll be leaving, in other words he better be amazing.
  • So coming from a player who not only bought all the Kotor marquee packs I have to spend another 75$ to get these three packs and then still spend even more money after all that to panic farm the characters up to 7 stars this is way to far. I’ve watched so many players leave this game because of past tense events like this and guess what you’ve caused another panic roit filled with rage quitting and going completely free to play / casual. Very simple things that could’ve been done to keep this from happening is giving these players who work so hard more time to farm the Kotor characters obviously and second give more than a weeks notice after you tease the character for a legendary/ heroes journey. This post will be delivered deleted and laughed at while it gets lost threw the cracks of the internet. Makes it hard to ever want to spend money on this game again.

Hey, you're on my shard!

It won't just be a matter of starring them up, have you seen the gear requirements from G8-G9 for Mission alone? These are some seriously tough characters to gear up, and I'm expecting to be told that this will be a "very, very difficult event" in the next post, meaning G12+ as the baseline.
  • how much does every one think will be needed to spend on crystals on that 10-330 pack to get them all 7*?? 30k? crystals? 60?

if I had a sure, its gonna be this amount and not be 1 thousand plus. I would want to spend, but hoping to get 330 shards from try one and mostly getting 10 shards until they are all 7* would be so much money for one character. You would probably go so high up in the arena and get more crystals, but its an insane amount to spend on a game. £200-300 might be worth it though as an extreme insane amount still, but do able.

seeing the event live is gonna make me want to panic farm more than anything. I did not care about CLS, Thrawn, JTR, BB8, R2...etc but Jedi knight REVAN :O
  • plindboe wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm very very very upset!

They have a lot of experience in getting the most money out of players. This is how freemium games work. Make your peace with it, and enjoy the game.

Anyway, you have lot of shards for 5 very interesting characters, which means you'll 7* them before me and most other players, and you will be ready for the 2nd Revan event before most other players too. It's not the end of the world.

Its just so sad... I invested on the Marquees because I was hoping Revan will come and I wanted him from the start and now that. I think I wont invest in stuff like that anymore if its no use anyway...
  • plindboe wrote: »
    its no use anyway...

You have said everything there... I understand you point of view, but try to not target events the 1st but the 2nd time. You will have more time to prepare and won't have to pay anything. I'm 100% F2P and always have legendary and mythic toons the second time, be patient and save your money :blush:
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah I actually used to spend a bit on this game myself but since being able to rank in the top 3 in Arena daily I stopped spending completely because of things like this.

I will still play of course, 500 crystals for ranking first in Arena every day helps with the gear and I will work on improving my fleet arena rank for more free crystals.

My guess is there will be just whale and well prepped dolfin that get Raven first time around.

I've never got a hero unlocked the first time around anyway so it's no pain for me I know if i start farming OR toons now i will scrape it in for next time same as I did for JTR

For all the whales that are spending big bucks to have 7* raven, i would personaly like to thank you for keeping this game alive and well and free to play. I know a lot of ftp players appreciate it :smiley: