[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

  • ksomm5 wrote: »
    DyloBin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

    You're my favorite of the Dev team. I'm currently in NC dealing with a tropical storm with very little to do other than play games in the dark until the cell reception eventually fails. It would be a great pick-me-up to get a Revan kit reveal today. Thanks!

    Tomorrow. Around 3:00 EST. :)

    I must have missed it. Is that confirmed somewhere?
  • This has by far been the shortest amount of time ever for farmkng characters to be ready for an event. However, I'm not panicking over a novelty character for a very, very small piece of starwars lore. There are easily 50+ characters more notable than early 2000s, video game, jedi, from a choose your own adventure game.
    That thing wasnt even male or female. People are crying over a customizable avatar with no official backstory, not even enough to decide if he/she is a he or a she.

    I'm just old I guess, I tried playing this game when it came out, and I was in my 20s. Aside from being super loosely star wars, it was honestly a boring game compared to elder scrolls, the fable series, etc.

    I just dont get it, but i know I'm a minority.
  • Roahn
    220 posts Member
    Farm them, Buy their packs, Revan still arrives. Join in the historic money grab to get Revan, this will be the new norm.

  • DyloBin wrote: »
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    DyloBin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

    You're my favorite of the Dev team. I'm currently in NC dealing with a tropical storm with very little to do other than play games in the dark until the cell reception eventually fails. It would be a great pick-me-up to get a Revan kit reveal today. Thanks!

    Tomorrow. Around 3:00 EST. :)

    I must have missed it. Is that confirmed somewhere?

    No. It’s an educated guess. They release most of their stuff around that time. If they want spending over the weekend need to show the players what they’ll be getting.
  • I think EA/CG got this right. You guys have to understand that paying top dollar should get you something the f2p player should not. There is already a space for f2p or dolphins but whales were not getting any sort of separation. In fact the balance of keeping everyone happy has been handled masterfully by the devs and should be applauded. Without anything that separates whales why would anyone whale? Same for Dolphins. If there was no difference for dolphins or ftp why spend at all. So thank you to ea/cg for making the impossible task of keeping the entire swgoh ecosystem in mind with all decisions. I don’t always agree with them but I don’t think you have done anything wrong at all
  • Gosszilla wrote: »
    I think EA/CG got this right. You guys have to understand that paying top dollar should get you something the f2p player should not. There is already a space for f2p or dolphins but whales were not getting any sort of separation. In fact the balance of keeping everyone happy has been handled masterfully by the devs and should be applauded. Without anything that separates whales why would anyone whale? Same for Dolphins. If there was no difference for dolphins or ftp why spend at all. So thank you to ea/cg for making the impossible task of keeping the entire swgoh ecosystem in mind with all decisions. I don’t always agree with them but I don’t think you have done anything wrong at all

    Keeping everyone happy??? Do people remember how toxic this place was before the PR attempt by CG?
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    Gosszilla wrote: »
    I think EA/CG got this right. You guys have to understand that paying top dollar should get you something the f2p player should not. There is already a space for f2p or dolphins but whales were not getting any sort of separation. In fact the balance of keeping everyone happy has been handled masterfully by the devs and should be applauded. Without anything that separates whales why would anyone whale? Same for Dolphins. If there was no difference for dolphins or ftp why spend at all. So thank you to ea/cg for making the impossible task of keeping the entire swgoh ecosystem in mind with all decisions. I don’t always agree with them but I don’t think you have done anything wrong at all

    I disagree.
    As someone who purchased every OR pack, horded cr and farmed them immediately when they hit the board, but i'm still going to need over 3k cr a day to MAYBE get them. that is ridiculous.

    I Spent money to get CLS
    I Spent money to get JTR
    I Spent money to get Yoda
    I Spent money to get Thrawn, EP etc

    I will not drop a dime if they expect me to accept this.
    Wonder if i can get a refund for those OR i packs I bought since they didn't help me... Worth a shot.
  • As long as they don’t stick Revan in a critical spot in TB and nerf other characters because Revan breaks HSith I don’t see anything wrong with CGs approach on releasing Revan. They gave notice and have also provided many bonuses leading up to the events. He’s going to cost something. How much is he worth to you?
  • I would laugh so hard if his kit was like really bad. All that panic farm, picking up every pack etc, and then 5 days later youll learn that you bought absolutely nothing.
    Well, unless youre emotionally attached to Revan, because of the games. In which case, you wont regret anything.

    Actually this makes a lot of sense.
    Real sw fan? Youll be happy with a weak Revan.
    Not a real sw fan? Play a different game :)
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    I would laugh so hard if his kit was like really bad. All that panic farm, picking up every pack etc, and then 5 days later youll learn that you bought absolutely nothing.
    Well, unless youre emotionally attached to Revan, because of the games. In which case, you wont regret anything.

    Actually this makes a lot of sense.
    Real sw fan? Youll be happy with a weak Revan.
    Not a real sw fan? Play a different game :)

    The fact that they have not revealed the kit and we are 2 days into a panic farm situation is just Icing on the cake.
    At this point they are selling you a mystery box.

    And even though all the evidence points at it being a Hero's Journey they didn't even come out and explicitly admit it.

    UGh, i'm going to go up vote some play store reviews.
  • Too many complaints. I also made a mistake posting on this thread, I got 300 notifications in less than 8 hours.

    First of all, Revan has been wanted by most of the community for a VERY long time, multiple people saying they would spend money to get him. Revan is announced and everyone immediately hates the devs for doing what the community asked them to.

    Second of all, I am a little disappointed I won't get him this time, but I will get him next time he pops, hopefully Christmas. Some people might get him this time and good for them, but we can't be complaining that we have no chance to get him when he is coming back.

    Thirdly, if you want to spend money on Revan, that's fine. If you don't that's also fine. I personally am not going to spend money based on the fact that This Is A Game. I have been getting lucky and getting around 60% shard drops from my sims multiple times.

    I have Bastila, T3, and Zaalbar at 4 star and Mission and Jolee almost 4 star. If I don't get Revan I will be sad for a while, then move on with life. Even though I love Revan, I know he will be back and I'm panic farming to maybe get him this time, if not oh well.

    Lastly, I am a bit disappointed with the way he is being released. I would have liked to have a new style of event that required all the OR toons that were in his party, making it more realistic. I think it would be so cool to have different versions of Revan that you could customize, but that would be so much work for the devs and making one gender-neutral Revan was a good move.

    Thank you so much CG for bringing Revan into this game and I marvel at how much work you put into him just to make us all happy. I wish the people here would understand what you were doing, but keep up the good work!
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Calastar wrote: »

    First of all, Revan has been wanted by most of the community for a VERY long time, multiple people saying they would spend money to get him. Revan is announced and everyone immediately hates the devs for doing what the community asked them to.

    Yes, most of the community wanted Revan. But guess what! Most of the community can't afford Revan. So they can just watch as probably some whale will be using him. What a great feeling.
    Calastar wrote: »
    Thank you so much CG for bringing Revan into this game and I marvel at how much work you put into him just to make us all happy. I wish the people here would understand what you were doing, but keep up the good work!

    I think people understand what they are doing as it has never been clearer. Maybe you don't understand.
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/556628185/ Look at this. Iam not free to play. Iam 100% p2p and this event is ridiculous. We just had chewy. Why are you messing with a loyal spending player? Give us a break. Dolphins need love. Peace and love!
  • I see both sides to this argument.

    On one side, I do think the panic farm period was a little too short. CG should have given time for dolphins who do like to spend on the game to be able to have a legit chance to get Jedi Revan. As it is, only whales and Krakens will be able to get him.

    On the other side, I also realize Revan is a really popular toon and they want to be able to monetize getting him (at least the first time around). As a whale, I'm fine with that and I do like that I may actually have some exclusivity of use of a toon who will be good (need to see his kit first before I can determine that).

    I am sure CG has structured this event in a way they feel will maximize their return on Revan. F2P may complain, but reality is that even if people were given 2 or 3 more weeks to farm KOTOR toons, F2P would still likely not have been ready for the event. Its only dolphins who were probably stopped from spending and I'm betting there will be quite a few dolphins who whale out for Jedi Revan, when its all said and done.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    I see both sides to this argument.

    On one side, I do think the panic farm period was a little too short. CG should have given time for dolphins who do like to spend on the game to be able to have a legit chance to get Jedi Revan. As it is, only whales and Krakens will be able to get him.

    On the other side, I also realize Revan is a really popular toon and they want to be able to monetize getting him (at least the first time around). As a whale, I'm fine with that and I do like that I may actually have some exclusivity of use of a toon who will be good (need to see his kit first before I can determine that).

    I am sure CG has structured this event in a way they feel will maximize their return on Revan. F2P may complain, but reality is that even if people were given 2 or 3 more weeks to farm KOTOR toons, F2P would still likely not have been ready for the event. Its only dolphins who were probably stopped from spending and I'm betting there will be quite a few dolphins who whale out for Jedi Revan, when its all said and done.

    there are plenty of players for whom it would be enough with additional 2 weeks, enough to balance forum.. as for example it was during rey event
  • No_Try
    3542 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »
    shb wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Wow, it doesn't take much with some.people.....

    1- Revan was never announced as a legendary.
    2- He hasn't been announced as a hero's journey either
    3- This event will likely be back around January, you can get him then



    I'm pretty sure it says Hero's Journey in the dev post.

    Nope.....
    Have you heard the tale of the Hero who led the Jedi to victory against the Mandalorians in the ancient war? How the Savior of the Republic faced down the armies of Mandalore and took their leader’s mask? Or, perhaps, the story of a great fall and a return to the light? Learn all about one of the great mysteries and myths of the Old Republic. Prepare to follow the journey of... Jedi Knight Revan!
    Are you ready to face the dark side with Jedi Knight Revan? You will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan:

    It's a Hero's Journey bruh,
    100% he unlocks at 7*.
    And all us dolphins and minnows are not opening the wallets because what's the point.

    If this is going to be a Hero's Journey Event I will shut down my forum account. It wouldn't be worth reading anything here as their own "wordings" are false or falsly used, which should never happen in a game.
    In all seriousness, we had 2 previous Hero's Journey Events and they always had the full title of "Hero's Journey Event" in their description. Neither does it say, "this is a new type of event" which is something that has been announced usually as a new feature as well.

    Unless reworded by the Devs, there is logical doubt. What they basically would be saying is for two times 1+1=2, but then change and say 2+2=2. It looks similar, but it isn't if you pay attention.

    5 more or less specific 7 Stars for 7 Stars Character is the normal Legendary, too. With OR we have only those 5 being tagged as such. Additionally, 6 for 6 could be as true as 5 for 5.

    Again going back to the original announcements:
    JTR's Event stated [not the exact wording but the same meaning] "you will need 7* characters to fully unlock 7* JTR".

    Example:
    You should ALWAYS be able to rely on:
    The wording the Devs have chosen, has been chosen on purpose.

    They write only 5+5=10, we know it will be 10 and nothing else
    They write =10, and we're lacking information. What is 10? 50 divided by 5?

    You may need to shut your forum acc. down. I don't understand what's confusing about this:

    "An Ancient Journey of Redemption
    Have you heard the tale of the Hero...

    "Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan..."
  • Gth
    277 posts Member
    “Keep up the good work”

    Lofl
  • And Grievous will be reworked to create a Droid meta. Calling it now.

    please be true... in 1 month (cuz he will be reworked with separatist and im still a few gear away from them all being gear 12)
  • What a joke... they are money hungry.
  • Where’s the rest of the road ahead post? So far, it’s not a very long road.
  • Everebody speaks about Revan for long time, when old rebublic and neutral(!) tags appeared it was clear that something is coming. So why you people don't farm if you need all news characters imediately? :D

    For me it is ok. If you have money, you will - maybe - have Revan next week. If no, well, just wait. :)

    ---

    "...Traya as a recommendation for Jedi Raven" ****? Why? This is Revan after KOTOR I. :-) Yes, Traya trained Revan (as Jedi), but Revan firstly fall to darkside ;-) If somebody is missing then Ordo and HK-47.
  • Cossin
    274 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @No_Try :
    It is confusing, because - as I posted various times before - there would be no consistency in the way they word their events. Every Hero's Journey Event we had so far, was always announced, advertised and even teased as such: a Hero's Journey Event. That's true for CLS, it's true for JTR. By the same logic I can use the word "Heroes of Legends" from the forum announcement and the packs or the "A Legend from the Old Republic" from the teaser to say it is a legendary event. The word "legend" has been mentioned. The paragraphs you quote are almost a full description box apart and not even in the same sentence.
    Again, just stating that you will require these toons at 7* to unlock a 7* Revan doesn't nullify the possibility that, as with all legendary events, you could also unlock him at 5* with 5*s. CLS and JTR clearly stated that you will only unlock this character by completing the event with 7*s.


    In general

    Please bear with me for a moment:

    To abuse a famous quote:
    "I find our lack of information... disturbing."

    The main problem really is, as a lot of people have already pointed out, that we don't not even know 100% what kind of event it is (and I am not alone with this stance). By educated guessing, seeing the "old" Hero's Journey and the timeframe we had before we knew they'd come to the holotables, this one reads HERO'S JOURNEY but looks like LEGENDARY.

    My points towards a Legendary Event, as I have pointed out before, are:
    1. Wording/Consistency. The previous events clearly stated that they are "Hero's Journey Events".
    2. Timeframe. The short notice, even with hints actually seems to say Legendary.
    3. Pack Offers. With the packs a lot of people should achieve 5* minimum, which has been done before as well, if I am not mistaken. (Not exclusively for Legendaries, though)
    4. Requirements. For the last Hero's Journey, with hints and nudges we had from end of summer till mid Dec to farm guessed and speculated characters. Additionally, we ALAWYS needed a legendary toon for a Hero's Journey Event

    My points for a Hero's Journey Event, are:
    2. Wording/Inconsistency. There is a chance this one is worded differently than the other events for whatever reason, but the wording can be mislead into believe in a "Hero's Journey". The only reason that springs to mind -> PR for the new Character many people want. Even negative PR still gives you views and attention.
    3. Timing. E.g. JTR dropped mid December. With speculation and guesswork you could start working on her End of summer. Earliest rumors have been 1 1/2 months away. CLS was slightly shorter but many characters had been ingame for like forever.
    3. Lack of clarification. This ones ties into the PR part of point
    2. Because they deliberately do not outright state "Legendary" or "Hero's Journey" they produce more panic farming. If they would say for example it will be a Legendary Event, they might have less currency flowing their direction, but people would be way calmer about the event, some might even be happy. Guess which of those two is more important to a company for cash grab games... (Yes, I like the game, it is F2P but studies prove and show how such games ruin lives and getting people addicted rewarding natural, basic instinctive urges inbedded in our brains)


    Result:
    Uncertainty and speculation are running wild.
    I have slept over it, I have thought about it. After the initial frustration, I am a lot calmer. I am not mad about Revan not being available to me, although I did start farming them once they hit the holotable. I am mad about their lack of communication which led to this riot, because we had been there before and they promised to be better, and (I'm pretty sure) intentionally left it open to speculation and thus do not simply answer "Yes, it is" or "No, it isn't". If this is a new type of "Journey Event" it's not advertised as that, which they usually did. If it's a "Hero's Journey Event" they intentionally did not write, that it is one. That's not how you earn trust, it is how you lose it. At least in my case, that is.
    Post edited by Cossin on
  • Glad to hear they finally realeased Reaver.
  • Man I went looking for Revan's kit in case they hid it or a clue somewhere in the forums but I couldn't find anything. Guess we'll just wait.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Montanz wrote: »
    Stop whining and just farm the toons normally over the next few months and get it next time. Some people are only just getting JTR, and that’s fine and exciting for them. Community needs to stop hyping every new toon like your life is going to end if you don’t get it, this is a grinding game, if you got everything right away what the hell would you log in for. Let the whales be whales, everyone else just enjoy your natural progression in the game without spending hundreds for 1 toon that can be acquired for free through smart and disciplined game play. It’s much more rewarding not paying and still having a beast roster because you researched and grasped game mechanics and stayed true to the grind.

    +1
    ...Every Hero's Journey Event...

    Every.. like... you know... two Journeys? :D

  • I think it is ridiculous that they expect us to have all these new toons to 7 star so soon! It seems to me a money grab and meant to pacify the whales while the rest of us fall further behind..js
  • I know people are upset about not being able to unlock Revan this time around. I think you will always have people upset if they don’t get any toon the first time. Especially if you have to use toons without synergy and the like.

    This will come down to Revans kit. If his kit only synergizes with Jedi it’s a brutal blow to those that work on T3M4, Zaalbar and Mission as they only worked on them to get Revan.

    But if at the end of the grind Revan’s Leader Ability also works with the Old Republic toons, at least all the grinding and spending will be worth it as the recently worked on toons can be plugged into Revans team. This would be a win for the community!

    If not, then you bit the hands of those that feed you. My two cents.

    You mean like how well the veterans synergize with jtrey? Please..
Sign In or Register to comment.