[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Darth Revan will show up in February to make Sith dominant in arena again
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are lobbying for an extra week or two for the event to start, but it can't and wont happen... in simplest terms, it would be illegal and CG knows that. It's called bait and switch.

If they say you need "x" OR shards by "y" date which will cost you "z" dollars to get "a" toon... then at the last minute they change "y" date to two weeks later, effectively reducing the "z" dollars you need to get "x" OR shards; that's a form of fraud.

They may delay the event if it's not ready (that seems unlikely, and if it happens, it'll be a day at most) but they will not extend it to make more money or appease those who are complaining.

Pretty much. However, CG has shown they don't have an issue with a bait and switch. They routinely change character and ship kits after they perform in new contexts in an "unexpected" way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Honestly, I'm expecting him to be our first villains journey next year some time.
  • Of course I understand that. I also understand that adding one or two weeks before the event wouldn’t even close to make Revan “too easy” to obtain. If it did, than I suppose CLS was WAY too easy, and the game went down the tubes and no one plays it anymore. Oh wait. That didn’t happen.

The point of the short release timeframe isn't to entice people to spend to get Revan this time.

The point of the short release timeframe is to reward people who spend to get characters (ie: Bastilla, Mission, etc) as soon as they're released, every time.

It's the game's way of saying "Thank you for your continued support of our game, here's a very good character for free. Please continue to buy mediocre characters because you never know what we'll give you down the line!"

The rest of us will farm and get Revan next time. Everything in this game can be yours if you put in either money or time. I'm not made of money, but I've got a lot of time--especially since the actual time commitment on a lot of these consists of hitting Sim, dragging that slider, and hitting Ok. It's not that big of a deal, take it from someone who saw the introduction of two other Journey characters, just put in the time and get it on the second go around.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Supports ftp to much
    It will never happen

There are plenty of whales and dolphins not willing to spend at all in this short timeframe. Give them two more weeks and you better believe they’ll change their minds. There is no one who doesn’t benefit from this proposal. CG would likely make even more money.

Sorry but I completely disagree.

The shortened timeframe means diddle squat to whether a player decides to invest in a character or not and extending the timeframe merely panders to the majority of F2P players who imo get a pretty easy ride with SWGOH.

I mean for one second look at it from a P2P players perspective..

Character gets announced - they suport CG (again and again and again) with their hard earned money and invest a couple hundred bucks and buy packs to get the toons event ready. Spend another couple hundred bucks getting the characters gear ready, credits ready etc etc..then event drops and CG decide to “extend” the event due to the constant whine of F2P players and “game changers” - how is that fair?

How is that even remotely fair to P2P players? Most marquee characters released over the past year eventually turn up in the shard shop a couple moths later and on a F2P node - again, how is that fair for P2P players?

If i spend $1k on a TV i expect to get some utility out of that TV for lets say 1 year? So shouldn’t the same rule apply to players who spend $1k on a SWGOH character?

CG are extremely fair and generous to their F2P player base and (imo) should not be extending any time frames what so ever for Revan.

To do so would be a slap in the face to players who have invested $$$ to get their squads ready and in fairness i think the P2P players have already been slapped around enuff with the ease in which strong toons like Sion / Bastila etc are now so easily accessible such that investing in the marquee packs was a regrettable decision.

I agree 100% and I am not a whale, I would like to be but I'm not, lol, also if a player is going to spend they would just do it there would be no need for an extension. The only thing I would consider is double drops. Outside of that, you'll get him as a hand me down. If they push this event back to cater to Free riders, then I will seek my money back. Why would I pay for exclusivity when they give it to players for nothing and yes I want a 6 month run minimum before they even think of bringing this event back! Just like flying you have, cargo, coach, first class and private jet. You get what you pay for and this is private jet. Already CG cowered and made it so everybody can participate in event to some extent which is ok , no beef, but beyond a DD on nodes is playing Robin Hood. Got a flight to catch see you guys at #1, chow.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Of course I understand that. I also understand that adding one or two weeks before the event wouldn’t even close to make Revan “too easy” to obtain. If it did, than I suppose CLS was WAY too easy, and the game went down the tubes and no one plays it anymore. Oh wait. That didn’t happen.

The point of the short release timeframe isn't to entice people to spend to get Revan this time.

The point of the short release timeframe is to reward people who spend to get characters (ie: Bastilla, Mission, etc) as soon as they're released, every time.

It's the game's way of saying "Thank you for your continued support of our game, here's a very good character for free. Please continue to buy mediocre characters because you never know what we'll give you down the line!"

The rest of us will farm and get Revan next time. Everything in this game can be yours if you put in either money or time. I'm not made of money, but I've got a lot of time--especially since the actual time commitment on a lot of these consists of hitting Sim, dragging that slider, and hitting Ok. It's not that big of a deal, take it from someone who saw the introduction of two other Journey characters, just put in the time and get it on the second go around.

So, why release the characters on farmable nodes at all if they idea of the first run is to only reward those unlocking the marquees by buying the packs? Just cut the pretense and release the new toons on nodes AFTER the initial run.

...the would, of course, undercut the idea that F2P could at all feasibly unlock the Heroes Journey/Legendary toons on the first go around. Like CG has EXPLICITY stated as a goal.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm expecting him to be our first villains journey next year some time.

I expect HK, Sass, Sith Trooper with Malek and one other being marquees a month before the event.
  • Kyno wrote: »

February is always the month of the Sith. And mid Feb. would be 4 months after Revan's event begins.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Im not sure the community missed it. Even the new trailer highlights that again.

Kyno is likely right. Heroes fall will likely come at some point.

The question is who will you need for it JR for sure.... but hk47 and who else.....?
  • I know - getting Revan at the first time is extremely hard.

However, thats because of the short timeframe to farm it.

Looking it at a higher perspective, this event in half a year will actually be one of the easiest events.
    3 hard node farms, 2 cantina, spread out nicely light and dark, many of them on very low energy cost nodes.
    This is very easy.

Gear requirement if g8-g9?
    Very easy. (Just think of the Thrawn event, which is very RNG based even with 2 x g10 chars and optimised mod sets).

So, its actually a very easy farm. Why is he then one of the most op toons ever then?
    You wouldnt expect a bb8 to obliterate Traya. R2? Goos good, but certainly not Traya killer. But Jedi Revan is?!

Chewie? - he's MUCH HARDER to obtain at 7* than Jedi Revan.
    And yet, Jedi Revan seems to way outclass Chewie.

How does this make any sense? Why is one of the easiest to get special character the most overpowered at the same time?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Im not sure the community missed it. Even the new trailer highlights that again.

Kyno is likely right. Heroes fall will likely come at some point.

The question is who will you need for it JR for sure.... but hk47 and who else.....?

Don’t be surprised if we see Malak before Darth Revan.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    His kit does look good, but we probably ought to wait until someone actually has him before declaring him OP.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Makes you wonder if they are addicted to the power? And the smell of their own farts for being so smug...

I don't have any power, but I do love my farts.
  • Revan will have continuing journeys just like Luke (farmboy to CLS to whatever is next) and Rey (Scavenger to JT to whatever is next).
  • Revan will have continuing journeys just like Luke (farmboy to CLS to whatever is next) and Rey (Scavenger to JT to whatever is next).[/
    But this already the post Sith Revan. I‘d only argue that it isn‘t continuous, it‘s separate if we get one at all
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Faction packs is the key.
    By 699 for 12 shard (average) is a great deal.
    I got 3 X 20.

Factions packs are only good if you need lots of Bastila and Jolee shards. I would love to see the probability of getting each toon because it seems highly in favor of those toons and against Zaalbar, t3 and Mission.
  • Supports ftp to much
    It will never happen

There are plenty of whales and dolphins not willing to spend at all in this short timeframe. Give them two more weeks and you better believe they’ll change their minds. There is no one who doesn’t benefit from this proposal. CG would likely make even more money.

The shortened timeframe means diddle squat to whether a player decides to invest in a character or not and extending the timeframe merely panders to the majority of F2P players who imo get a pretty easy ride with SWGOH.

Character gets announced - they suport CG (again and again and again) with their hard earned money and invest a couple hundred bucks and buy packs to get the toons event ready. Spend another couple hundred bucks getting the characters gear ready, credits ready etc etc..then event drops and CG decide to “extend” the event due to the constant whine of F2P players and “game changers” - how is that fair?

How is that even remotely fair to P2P players? Most marquee characters released over the past year eventually turn up in the shard shop a couple moths later and on a F2P node - again, how is that fair for P2P players?

If i spend $1k on a TV i expect to get some utility out of that TV for lets say 1 year? So shouldn’t the same rule apply to players who spend $1k on a SWGOH character?

CG are extremely fair and generous to their F2P player base and (imo) should not be extending any time frames what so ever for Revan.

To do so would be a slap in the face to players who have invested $$$ to get their squads ready and in fairness i think the P2P players have already been slapped around enuff with the ease in which strong toons like Sion / Bastila etc are now so easily accessible such that investing in the marquee packs was a regrettable decision.

You can't compare spending money on an item such as a TV to spending in a MMO game with competitive PVP and PVE elements. You've clearly never played a REAL competitive MMO game before if you're making that argument. Boo freaking who you spent money on the game
    ..not because you wanted to support it, but because you wanted an advantage over other players. I've spent thousands on other Free to Play games on aesthetic items to support those games and never once expected to be rewarded with an advantage over my fellow players. Paying for an advantage in a massively multiplayer online game with "competitive" PVP and PVE elements invalidates the competitivety of that game.

By your logic competitive athletes who buy the best gear and have personal trainers should automatically receive an advantage in competitions over those who don't...

There is no real competition in this game, it's an illusion. The arena is either those who spent money or have been playing and farming since the start and who are in collusion with Arena Shard Cartels that keep the same players in a rotation of the shards top placement spots. There's nothing competitive about that. There's nothing competitive about beating new hard mode raids when they are designed around a single character (JTR) for dealing the most damage. Ohh so competitive when the developers force a meta on you and you go out spend to be able to run the meta set up...Most other competitive games the meta is determined by the players who tinker with synergy, strategy, team comps, etc etc..until they find a niche set up that everyone tries to copy. The developers may influence the meta but they don't set it.
  • Supports ftp to much
    It will never happen

I understand the concept, but you’re missing the fact that there’s spending money and then there’s spending a LOT of money. It’s not a binary P2P vs. F2P. There’s a big scale of P2P players. And some aren’t willing to spend the dollars necessary to get Revan, even though they spent the money to get RJT, or CLS, or other legendaries.

The reality, no matter how you spin it, is that CG put the toon paywall higher than ever before. I am 100% fine with CG putting a paywall on characters—they are a business, and I get that. But this paywall is too high. Adding one week would not remove the paywall at all. It would drop it a little is all. That still caters to the P2P players, like you want. It’s totally fair. Those who have already spent the money aren’t losing their investment.

And at the same time, many whales, whom I’ve actually spoken to, would no longer feel that it’s too much for them to afford, or that CG is being greedy (I’m not saying they are, but I’ve seen people say that), and would be willing to spend some money. Just a little less.

I don’t understand what the problem is with that idea.

I also don’t understand why everyone always accusing me of wanting these characters to be easily accessible to everyone. I don’t. That wouldn’t make sense.

This right here 100%. @CountPookoo I see your point as well. There should be a paywall for premium toons, but in this case they set the paywall top high.

Before Revan, RJT had the highest paywall with both vets being endgame cantina farms with only 3 weeks notice. Unless you spent money, hoarded around 10k crystals, or got lucky drops on the nodes, you weren’t getting her the first time around. I didn’t get her first time around because I didn’t farm early enough and didn’t buy their pack, which was fine. It was on me for not farming them.

This time it’s even worse. Bastila and Jolee are hard mode farms, and ship farms. So let’s say you farm them both since they were accessible for that. I’ll have both at 6* by then, and would have bought their pack to push them to 7*. Also their farm time is around the same as the vets for RJT, so that’s fine too.

The problem is with Big Z, Mission and the garbage pale. Two of them are cantina farms only while the other is a hard node farm and a ship table farm. That’s the issue.
    If the pale garbage bucket was a cantina farm as is now, and put mission in a store like Guild event then there would be less of the paywall encouraging spending from dolphins and minnows. As is now, there’s no reason to buy the character packs. There’s no reason to buy crystal vaults for the crystal shipments or for refreshes. 3 weeks to 7* three toons? Cmon now.

Yeah there’s paywalls that are necessary but to make it so high that the dolphins, minnows and the occasional F2P splurger can’t gain access even with their spending means the wall was set too high. For context I used to be a whale, closed my wallet last year after some bad decisions by CG, and was willing to spend again for Revan but not when I’d have to spend close to $200 just to unlock him even with my farming all the OR toons since their release to farmable locations.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's please quit it with the remarks about people being "addicts", and let's be respectful that some folks do play the game without spending cashing, while others don't and not throw shade as a result. Let's respect the differences of opinion that stem from these styles of play.

As I pubically traded company, would think EA would be more careful on comments by moderators on addiction. Addiction is a very serious issue, and there have been a number of articles written on the psychology of freemium games. One of the reasons percentage chances on purchases now have to be revealed to players is due to regulatory agencies looking st them, as well as Disney getting upset at the negative feedback caused by EA to one of their major properties.
  • Pour2more
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Accidental duplicate post
  • Pour2more wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's please quit it with the remarks about people being "addicts", and let's be respectful that some folks do play the game without spending cashing, while others don't and not throw shade as a result. Let's respect the differences of opinion that stem from these styles of play.

As I pubically traded company, would think EA would be more careful on comments by moderators on addiction. Addiction is a very serious issue, and there have been a number of articles written on the psychology of freemium games. One of the reasons percentage chances on purchases now have to be revealed to players is due to regulatory agencies looking st them, as well as Disney getting upset at the negative feedback caused by EA to one of their major properties.

Exactly!
  • Tranquility
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Seems like someone recently posted information about the addiction network and an outreach number; would swear I saw it a page or two ago. Where’d that go; are they removing attempts to speak to addiction now?

That mighta been handy information to leave around...especially in a game with expensive characters like this.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Reddit has a great recent topic on the -rhymes with addition-.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are lobbying for an extra week or two for the event to start, but it can't and wont happen... in simplest terms, it would be illegal and CG knows that. It's called bait and switch.

If they say you need "x" OR shards by "y" date which will cost you "z" dollars to get "a" toon... then at the last minute they change "y" date to two weeks later, effectively reducing the "z" dollars you need to get "x" OR shards; that's a form of fraud.

They may delay the event if it's not ready (that seems unlikely, and if it happens, it'll be a day at most) but they will not extend it to make more money or appease those who are complaining.

Okay... Not sure if someone has already replied to you, while it would possibly be illegal to first confirm the event duration then change it at the last minute, you are missing a very important detail, CG NEVER mentioned how long this event will last. And there is no precedence either as this is a new type of event.
  • After Revan's kit reveal I'm having serious Chewbacca remorse, cant believe I wasted so many resources for a meh legendary character...
    That stinks, but he'll most likely be good come the eventual rebirth if rebels that will be coming around at some point.
  • Sweet lord how I wish I'd never commented on this.

Close it someone. Close it now.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    A Fruitful Day To All & May The Force Be With You

YES REVAN IS COMING!!!
    There is a lot of buzz about the upcoming Revan Release to alot of us despair we may not be able to get him on the first release & there is much agitation about this with many saying he is the biggest pay wall ever but Hey lets come down to earth lets look at things realistically.

1. Revan is a huge toon probably one of the hugest there will ever be ( his other versions still fall under Revan as a Toon).
    2. We all want him because he is gonna be meta defining.
    3. He requires toons only whales or dolphins will have at 7 star
    4. He is a a 7 star event character
    5. Chewy was released before him
    6. Chewy is a totally free gift from the developers who you can get at 5 stars
    7. Chewy is very relevant at 5 stars (i climbed to top 30 in 48 hours from 190+ in Arena with Ogz Chewy Zls Lead Zolo R2-D2 & Chirrut Imwe)
    8. Chewy makes Zls Zolo teams beat Traya Palpitine JTR & Nightsisters teams with right speed & attack pattern. (Dont nerf Chewy Like Scariff Rebel Pathfinder Just After I Mentioned His NS Zombie Like Synergy With Old Daka)
    9. Chewy makes the game so competitive now so many teams can claim top spots so we need a new high i remember when CLS came out ohh boi I wasn't ready one but & he was meta defining. We need something to look forward to something to farm for a target the bar has been raised yet again stop whining & start grinding i missed mission & Zalbar imagine farming them from scratch.
    10. I believe there are still a lot of characters i need to farm i will start farming old republic once am done with JTR In The Mean Time Am Still Have Traya Fantasies lol.
    11. Overall we should be a more supporting community & patronize the brand (Our Beloved Brand) I dont know about you but i would like to pass my account down to my son dont think its a bad idea frankly am not a Whale nor a Dolphin i will like to say am a Piranha i buy the Marquee bundles of toons i feel i like their abilities & wud want to put them into action quickly get them 4 star easy I dont also think its a bad idea to buy crystals once in a while. I love the idea of free to play but i totally understand that bills have to be paid i definitely want it to stay add free.

I hope this post help put people in the right frame of mind in handling the Revan Situation. Keep Grinding.

-GENERAL INSTANT

Why do you call yourself General Instant? BTW, point on post. It’s the least confusing thing I’ve read in ages.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • 26kekf83z7z8.jpg
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    For kicks and giggles, if I had Revan I would put him in the back zone on defense leading a Jolee(z), T3, Jedi Guardian, and Jedi Counselor team. First, no one would expect the Revaquistion. Second, Jolee's team revive, JC healing, and Revan's Savior the team would be able to endure a great deal of enemy attacks.

Is it practical, no. Does Revan elevate two horrible toons to playability, maybe. But it would still be fun.