[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Torzek wrote: »
    Glad they told us now. Now I can stop refreshing and buying shards with my crystals because there is no way I'll be close to 7 starring and gearing these toons up in time. See ya next round, Revan!

Word. I'm not sure why people are getting bent out of shape. This one is a whale exclusive until whenever he reappears. It's so far out of the realm of possible as to not even be worthy of notice.

I do wish CG and their 1% a fun time though!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I’m surprised at the amount of people who didn’t expect CG to do something like this. So many people are acting like this is the absolute worst thing they could have possibly done.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    Chucke wrote: »
    where does it say the 18th

They updated it

Maybe the event will last for 3 months. Crossing my fingers xD
  • Question, is SWTOR Revan canon? If so he may have been corrupted by the Emperor but he used his mastery of the force to keep the Emperors lunacy in check.
  • Mad777
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Idk if anyone of the CG-developers did the math: the needed toons are farmable since 13/27 days ... until the event starts(and assuming one has farmed them since and got them in the marquees) no one will reach the required amount of shards, unless he is whaling like crazy. The 50shard-packs will not sell, because there is no realistic way to get the toons to 7* with or without the packs. The only thing you, dear developers, achieved is to make your player base upset once again. You did not learn anything from the JTR event and this one is even more unfair!!!
    I spent some bucks on this game, but i swear i will never again!
    Cheers, Mad
  • This is absolutely absurd... I would never expect to get revan 7 stars the first time, as f2p I usually unlock but not 7 star til the second time. I keep wanting to say "I cant believe this" but sadly, this is just like CG.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    so u decide not to have only p2p(i spend money on game) but only hard ptp that spend 300-400 euros a month to play? good to know
  • You people must understand that when they do a release like this you are not intended to get it the first time round. Aside from possibly some whales who pay to make this free for everyone else. This is really just an announcement to get ready for February with an option to 'Buy it now'. Hakuna your tatas.
  • Been refreshing attempts on hard nodes twice (24 attempts) plus the 8 on the ship node since bastilla, jolee, zal dropped and 3x cantina refresh everyday. Wont even be close without spending money. Very dissapointing
  • Here's how to look forward to what CG does in the future. Purely based on evidence from the last 3-6 months.

Aside from Jango, which everyone praised endlessly, every decision has been easier to handle by remembering this sage advice:

bqa8jwc2jugg.jpeg
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    4Ot5VxF.jpg

Have you heard the tale of the Hero who led the Jedi to victory against the Mandalorians in the ancient war? How the Savior of the Republic faced down the armies of Mandalore and took their leader’s mask? Or, perhaps, the story of a great fall and a return to the light? Learn all about one of the great mysteries and myths of the Old Republic. Prepare to follow the journey of... Jedi Knight Revan!

Are you ready to face the dark side with Jedi Knight Revan? You will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan:

Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao and Zaalbar

Each of these characters is available on the holotable in one (or more) locations. Here’s where you can find each:
    • Bastila Shan:
      • Fleet 2-D
      • Dark Side 5-B
    • Jolee Bindo
      • Fleet 4-E
      • Dark Side 6-D
    • T3-M4
      • Cantina 6-B
    • Mission Vao
      • Cantina 7-A
    • Zaalbar
      • Fleet 3-C
      • Light Side 5-D

Additionally, the following Packs and Bundles for Old Republic characters will be available to help you prepare for this rare event:

Heroes Of Legend: Bastila Shan & Jolee Bindo Bundle
    Bundle Includes:
    • Bastila Shan (x50)
    • Jolee Bindo (x50)
    • Credits
    • XP Training Droids
    • Ability Mats
    • Gear
    Date available: October 10th
    Maximum # purchases: 1
    Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Heroes Of Legend: T3-M4 Bundle
    Bundle Includes:
    • T3-M4 (x50)
    • Credits
    • XP Training Droids
    • Ability Mats
    • Gear

Heroes Of Legend: Zaalbar & Mission Vao Bundle
    Bundle Includes:
    • Zaalbar (x50)
    • Mission Vao (x50)
    • Credits
    • XP Training Droids
    • Ability Mats
    • Gear

Only listen to Beethoven can now prevent me from instantly deleting the application..."Deserve you would"
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    we do not knw date? is written october 18th....
  • The greed is insane @CG. This is not a free to play game anymore. I'm not even a f2p player and I cant even keep up. First you realise 10 marquee characters back to back. Then make Chewie require the highest gear to date, making getting 7* impossible and now 2 weeks later drop Revan, my favorite character but require 7* to get but wait they are all hard nodes minus mission and t3, with terrible drop rates. Amazing, you have ruined this game. I guess enjoy bleeding your community dry while you can because you are not going to have a community left if this keeps up. I'm out thanks for ruining two years of this game for me.
  • Your post was fine until you told people not to panic farm. They can do what they feel is spot on and the clues are pretty obvious.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't complain about "hey, don't bring revan, the toons are on hard nodes and I won't make it" or "please add them to the stores, every new character is super p2p and I want him now". What I mean is, we don't know the requirements and dates yet

Yes, we do know the requirements and the date.
  • TheRealObiOne
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Lol a bunch of us in the guild I'm in would have spent some $$$ as I'm sure a lot here would have too if it were even possible to obtain him. I'm not spending thousands to get an imaginary toon on a phone game that could shut down next year or sooner. Oh to be a fly on the wall in their pitch room when they came out with this idea

• g90uo0g5mykx.png
    lmao thanks cg
  • Kao_Cen_Darach
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m so excited for Revan. It’s been so cool to see kotOR characters and lore actually get some love ever since they became legends. They’re are so many cool characters that could be added from the Old Republic and Revan is the one we all wanted. If you don’t know who he is make sure to look him up because he’s worth knowing about. I wish Lucasfilm would start creating an Old Republic storyline after the Skywalker storyline is finished. It would be cool to have Peter Jackson come in and kickstart it after his massive success with Lord of the Rings. The only thing I wish we could get as far as Galaxy of Heroes goes tho is more characters switched out and added to the shops because I have 7 stars for just about every single character in the shops and I feel like i’m wasting a lot of my stuff by not having anyone to buy. What’s everyone’s thoughts on more Old Republic characters and what are your thoughts on an Old Republic storyline in the future?
    Post edited by Kao_Cen_Darach on
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Here's how to look forward to what CG does in the future. Purely based on evidence from the last 3-6 months.

Aside from Jango, which everyone praised endlessly, every decision has been easier to handle by remembering this sage advice:

bqa8jwc2jugg.jpeg

Yup that’s how I’m looking at it.
  • Yeah this is why I didn't bother panic farming the KOTOR toons. After the Chewie BH thing there was a non-0 chance that they would set the bar so high that you'd need to whale out to get a shot at unlocking him.

They must know that dolphins won't bother spending when there is no mathematical path for them to dolphin out to get across the finish line. I assume that means they're going pressure the whales to kracken out by setting the difficulty so you need to be g12 with full zetas + omegas or something where even whaling out won't get you Revan the first time around. They're going to make up the lost dolphin income somewhere and the whales were going to spend on these toons regardless so the income won't come from there which leaves gear and ability mat sales in shipments.

CLS was clearly the first and last HJ we were getting that was designed to be widely accessible if you panic farmed/were a veteran player.
  • Killing_Duck
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by Killing_Duck on
  • Paragraphs.

But I actually prefer the stale stores, it feeds the shard shop and saves from having to farm so much gear.
  • Unless someone started the game this morning, how can so many be so surprised. Just another day in the galaxy. Nothing new to see. Farm, don't farm, meh..
  • I spent to get Bossk so I could get Chewie. This..hahahaha no way. Im not even mad though because Im at 5 star and will continue to normal farm.
  • callen25
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    Chucke wrote: »
    where does it say the 18th

They updated it

Maybe the event will last for 3 months. Crossing my fingers xD

Here’s to hoping lmao! xD
  • Is it possible to get a price on the packs?
  • Been playing since day 1, and since I know they'll be reading these responses, here is mine to the developers:

In regards to this game specifically:
    Never have I felt more unprepared.
    Never have I felt more helpless.
    Never have I felt so vulnerable.

The preparation time you are providing is so insufficient that in a literal sense (see panic farming guide and calculations for 99.9% of your player base) this toon cannot be earned without money. I'm sure there's a few special cases out there that refreshed and farmed the day they could and received exceptional drop-rates from then-on.

More importantly, what about those that are NOT on the forums? Where is their notification that this event is coming? Where is their heads-up on the toon requirements?

Talk about a blind-side. 8 days? SRSLY?

Look, I'll still play your game. I plan on still playing your game. That being said, situations like these should really be more thought out. Read the replies on your forums. Group the customer feedback to a large enough sample pool to make an intelligent decision. This thread would not currently be on fire if the event release date was December (like most were speculating), or even a month away. But 8 days?

When people feel pressured, they grow upset. This is what happened.
  • Bet he unlocks at 5. They've poorly worded these announcements before...

Then you'll all need to apologize :D
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @JaggedJ exactly what I'm doing. Finishing Vet Chewie, then I'll get BH ready for next Chewbacca then I'll maybe bother with OR. No panic. Just patience.

@Vendi1983 I never expect to get anything first time. Makes it easy to avoid any frustration that way.

It's funny, I started playing the game and farmed whatever toon I felt like without thought to meta, panic farms, or game modes etc. Then I realised I was "doing it wrong" and got more focused.

Recently I've gone back to my original method and my enjoyment of the game has increased because of it.

Having said all that, come on CG, seriously? It's not just that this is a blatant cash grab, but it's an incredibly lazy cash grab.