Overlap

HJoci30
154 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hi, I have a question about damage overlap, I tried to find posts about it but couldnt find what Im exacly looking for. Is there overlap like in the other raids or isnt? We will be ready to hstr after jtr event, so it is an important info for us. Thank you!

(This discussion was created from comments split from: Need help in Sith Raid! to limit derailing that thread.)

Replies

• What do you mean by overlap?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I mean that if 2 players are attacking the same time, only the higher damage counts, the lower is lost.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So if you damage 2 mill, the other 1 mill at the same time, the raid counts only the 2 mill. It was the case in the other raids, Im not sure it still "works" like this. It was a long time ago when we have to watch this in the other raids. I couldnt find info about this about the sith raid.
  • It does work the same.
  • Thanks, so we have to go one by one. At least for the first time to make sure we can beat it.
  • @HJoci30

No, no, you don't have to go in individually at all. Damage "overlap" only exists at phase change. At the beginning of the raid, if 5 players attack at the same time, and each does 1M damage, after all 5 are finished, the raid will be 5M damage lower.

However, close to the end of a phase is where you want to be careful. If Phase 1 only has 1M damage remaining, and 5 players go in simultaneously and each finishes the phase (i.e. each does 1M damage) - phase 1 will end, but 0 damage will carry over to phase 2.

Each of those players would still see their score increased by 1M damage, but the guild would have effectively "wasted" 4M damage because those extra players don't actually deduct from the raid boss health.

All raids work the same way in this regard.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hence why you can have 50 people solo the rancor (500+ million damage to a 10.3 million health pool). Each person's damage counts towards the phase total, and everyone's individual scores are displayed in the list.

Like the above said, when phases are close to ending people need to be communicating or watching the Guild chat for instructions. That's the only point you want to go in one-by-one otherwise that team is unable to be used again when they could actually score full damage.
  • Thank you! 😊 I hope we can beat it! We will have 42 jtr after this event, so we probably manage the heroic finaly! Also we will have a few Bastilla too. We are a bit low on chex mix, but have probably enough ns! 😊 Right know the raid bot doesnt work correclty on our discord, we have to check one by one how we are standig, we cant check the guild. 😕 I personally if everything goes well can do 29/400% 😏 and my Bastila will be 7 before start, so that will add a few percent. Hpoe for top 10, but the main goal is finish it! Thank you again your help!
  • Good luck - let us know how you get on.

When we did our first we had a discord announcement when each phase hit 5% health. At that point you only want 1 person going in at a time, as their damage may be wasted.

Once you’ve cleared it a few times, all that panic disappears. We’re now FFA on Sith raid and it typically dies in 75 mins.
  • We going to start on 20th october. we give a little time to the new jtr owners to gear up and practice. Some of them already geared her up to 12, but lots of them used up the saved gear because of chewie.😕
  • Hi, sadly we were a bit short at the end. Next time we will make it Im sure. We finished in P4, we almost killed Nihil. We were really unlucky, because 3 members with more than 3 mill gp couldnt participate. They wanted to, but life happened. 😕 we will try again next week, just to be sure. At least we will have some experiance. Oh, and a question, 13 millon damage are good? I made that much, and I rhink I can make more next time.
  • HJoci30 wrote: »
    Hi, sadly we were a bit short at the end. Next time we will make it Im sure. We finished in P4, we almost killed Nihil. We were really unlucky, because 3 members with more than 3 mill gp couldnt participate. They wanted to, but life happened. 😕 we will try again next week, just to be sure. At least we will have some experiance. Oh, and a question, 13 millon damage are good? I made that much, and I rhink I can make more next time.

Yes, 13 million is a great score, especially for your first HSith!
  • Finally! 😁
    o6o73g1pguo2.png
  • P3 was the hardest part, but we finally made it. 😉
  • HJoci30 wrote: »
    P3 was the hardest part, but we finally made it. 😉

Yeah it always is the first times you do it.
  • It's still our "hardest" - or rather the one that takes the longest. Still getting faster though.

Congrats!
  • Thank you! I also managed to get the first place too! ☺ That is me on the screenshot. Funny that my gp is only the 11th in my guild. I also got lucky because my guildmate on the 2nd place went in late in p4 with NS so couldnt do as many points as me when nihil was still alive. He will finish first next time, Im sure. ☺If we remove the P3, actually the heroic is almost enjoyable 😀. The funny thing, that I will probalbly have a Revan before a 7* Traya 😂. Thanks again and have fun!