why not just get Revan the 2nd time around

Prev13
Gohan0406
31 posts Member
edited October 2018
Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.

Replies

• Gohan0406 wrote: »
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game if I didn’t have then...so I’m just a bit confused.

It's difficult for rational, sane people to understand irrational or insane people.
  • Because people love to complain? Or too many are use to/want instant gratification.

But I 100% agree with you, I'll slowly build my OR team and get next time, its not like i dont have other toons for raids and such before unlocking Revan.

For those that Panic and pay, thanks for supporting the game so we get future content.
  • This is the first time that an event was "exclusively" available to heavy p2p characters.

That's obnoxious for any f2p player fighting to compete with whales.

• Although I generally agree with you (I too won‘t be able to get him the first time around and that‘s okay), I think the rage is mostly aimed at other problems with this:

1. The Release date. With JTR and CLS, they required toons you long had or were telegraphed a few weeks in advance (looking at you, Veterans). So at least you had a realistic CHANCE to get them the first time around. With Revan: Not a chance in hell!

2. With several characters only available from hard node farms and droprates being what they are, there is a good chance that you won‘t be able to get him the second or even third time around. That‘s a little hatsh in my book.

So yes: I agree that complaining about not getting him the first time is pointless (to a degree). But other than that, I feel like the lashout is quite understandable. Me, I basically gave up on buying anything anymore... there is just too much to spend money on, so I just stopped altogether and accept I will be behind for the rest of the lifespan of this game :)
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.

I think my problem with it is that when you start farming the toons immediately when they are available, there is somewhat of an expectation that you should be able to unlock the character the first time around. In the past I’ve missed events due to my lack of farming, which was my fault, even with the devs short notice. It’s easy to say ppl are just complaining but I think it’s more of a lack of feeling like you got something you have worked hard for. Like having to leave chewie bc you farmed old republic over bounty hunters. Only to miss both in the end.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    +1. He’s cool and I want him now, but let’s be honest. He’s a money maker and this is a cash grab with the short notice. I’ll get him next time and save myself some stress.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, its not like we have a choice? lol
  • @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.
  • Marev wrote: »
    Although I generally agree with you (I too won‘t be able to get him the first time around and that‘s okay), I think the rage is mostly aimed at other problems with this:

1. The Release date. With JTR and CLS, they required toons you long had or were telegraphed a few weeks in advance (looking at you, Veterans). So at least you had a realistic CHANCE to get them the first time around. With Revan: Not a chance in hell!

2. With several characters only available from hard node farms and droprates being what they are, there is a good chance that you won‘t be able to get him the second or even third time around. That‘s a little hatsh in my book.

So yes: I agree that complaining about not getting him the first time is pointless (to a degree). But other than that, I feel like the lashout is quite understandable. Me, I basically gave up on buying anything anymore... there is just too much to spend money on, so I just stopped altogether and accept I will be behind for the rest of the lifespan of this game :)

When you say behind, behind in what? Damage in HSTR? Arena? CM waves? Or TW defense teams? How are you behind? You can do everything with the current toons in the game.

Also, there should be no reason a person can’t get it the 2nd time around. If anyone misses it the 2nd time around, that’s their fault 100%.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

Yeah, where’s the stress? Unless you cough up the cash you can farm slowly at your leisure lol
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

How do you know not having him will put you at a disadvantage?..... Don't paying customers deserve an advantage?...... And where do you get 6 months from?
    Marev wrote: »
    Although I generally agree with you (I too won‘t be able to get him the first time around and that‘s okay), I think the rage is mostly aimed at other problems with this:

When you say behind, behind in what? Damage in HSTR? Arena? CM waves? Or TW defense teams? How are you behind? You can do everything with the current toons in the game.

Also, there should be no reason a person can’t get it the 2nd time around. If anyone misses it the 2nd time around, that’s their fault 100%.

Mostly behind in Arena... of course you can do it with current toons, but saying you can climb to the top of an older shard without a Traya, for example, is just not realistic. I‘m not saying that‘s a bad thing, mind you - CG wants, no, needs to make money, so it‘s only logical people who pay them have an advantage. And being high up in arena is that advantage that gives you more crystals, which in turn gives you more refreshes which then means you get characters faster. For me, one hard node toon takes about 4-6 month each for completion (although I might just am unlucky ;) )

So yes: I can do everything with current toons, just not on the same level and that for me fits the definition of being behind. But it wasn‘t meant as a complaint, so apologies if it came across like that.
  • Jedizombie wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Yeah, where’s the stress? Unless you cough up the cash you can farm slowly at your leisure lol

Thats a nice way to see it at least
  • I was lucky I was able to get 5 star Chewie first time out. Granted, I had to beef up my BHs, but still. Since I've barely put anything into the Kotor characters as I've been working on the SOLO characters, once that's done or mostly done, I'll start working on the KOTOR people.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    GOHGURU wrote: »

How do you know not having him will put you at a disadvantage?..... Don't paying customers deserve an advantage?...... And where do you get 6 months from?

No paying customers don't deserve a competitive advantage, where did you get that notion from. Sounds like our standards are very twisted lately
  • zctq5j6gq26q.png

Someone on reddit said this and I feel most people should feel the same way lol
  • naj553i2u658.png

👍.
    BubbaFett wrote: »

No paying customers don't deserve a competitive advantage, where did you get that notion from. Sounds like our standards are very twisted lately

If paying customers don't get any kind of advantage then what incentive is there for them to pay?

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?
  • It's first time an event requires 3 HN shards + 2 Cantina shard with no in-game shop except Shipment.
    How long will it takes to have Just 3 HN at 7 stars ?
    It means also only farming those toons during that time (just to use the 8 story attempts for the 3 toons = 480 energy ) refresh included

And my problem isn't to unlock it at 7 stars or not, it's just to play the event.
    It was Hard, But I could play the Chewie Event
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Gohan0406 wrote: »
    zctq5j6gq26q.png

Someone on reddit said this and I feel most people should feel the same way lol

me for example.... I would spend 50 euro for sure to get revan... Looking my OR team i need to spend about 200 so.... I've my 50 euros back...

• While I'm slightly annoyed at the extreme lack of time for people to farm some of the characters, I'm taking this first run as a preview event. I get the time to farm the required characters for next time and also get an idea of what gear levels I'll need to unlock Revan. (Also it'll give me time to actually play KOTOR to get to know these characters)

I was intending on picking up character purchases in the weekly shipments to supplement my farming but there's no way I'll get Revan this time (with only Bastilla above 3* still) so that's out the window. I'm gonna instead use those crystals I had intended for KOTOR characters to help get Embo and Jango when he comes to shipments to 7* for the return of Chewie and just slow farm KOTOR characters.
    naj553i2u658.png

👍.

I hope you realize no hero's journey or legendary will return in 2-3 months unless it's required for another legendary/hero journey that's gonna take 5-6 months to return

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?

I was saying I will stay in top 3 in HSTR using the current roster that anyone can have right now. No need for every new toon.

And Traya does lost on defense to specific teams. But we all know the arena is not about offense, it’s about defense. Heck, Finn can beat Traya. Wiggs too lol. I seen a Smuggler team beat Traya lol. But since they can’t hold on defense, you don’t see them in the top. And that’s why Traya dominates 🤷🏽‍♂️💪💪

And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta. Traya will still dominate. Krakens and Whales don’t spend 100s of dollars to stay on the same level as f2p. They get the toons first...everytime...it doesn’t change lol. Also every toon in the game will become free to get at some point. You are just upset because you can’t get it the same times whales do...

And you seem upset but if you played this game for a long time, this should come as no surprise.
    naj553i2u658.png

👍.

I hope you realize no hero's journey or legendary will return in 2-3 months unless it's required for another legendary/hero journey that's gonna take 5-6 months to return

You are wrong. JTR came back on 3 months. And was not needed for anything else. And she is a Heros Journey

+1 Just because CG has given F2P a chance at all the legendary and heroes journey characters so far doesn’t mean that they have to keep doing it.
  • Just wait until he is needed for his fall to the darkside.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Just wait until he is needed for his fall to the darkside.

That would be weird since the Revan they are giving us is post-redemption.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    They certainly made this an easy panic farm for me. Should have all of them at 7* by the 2nd event in January, no problem.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m