why not just get Revan the 2nd time around

Replies

• Gohan0406 wrote: »
    GOHGURU wrote: »
    Gohan0406 wrote: »
    naj553i2u658.png

👍.

I hope you realize no hero's journey or legendary will return in 2-3 months unless it's required for another legendary/hero journey that's gonna take 5-6 months to return

You are wrong. JTR came back on 3 months. And was not needed for anything else. And she is a Heros Journey

Yes it was intended because she was the only team that worked for p1 HSTR. I am 99.9% sure Revan won't return in 3 months
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.

They need Revan to keep up with the other players that will have Revan. This assumes Revan will give a competitive advantage. I predict he will.
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?

I was saying I will stay in top 3 in HSTR using the current roster that anyone can have right now. No need for every new toon.

And Traya does lost on defense to specific teams. But we all know the arena is not about offense, it’s about defense. Heck, Finn can beat Traya. Wiggs too lol. I seen a Smuggler team beat Traya lol. But since they can’t hold on defense, you don’t see them in the top. And that’s why Traya dominates 🤷🏽‍♂️💪💪

And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta. Traya will still dominate. Krakens and Whales don’t spend 100s of dollars to stay on the same level as f2p. They get the toons first...everytime...it doesn’t change lol. Also every toon in the game will become free to get at some point. You are just upset because you can’t get it the same times whales do...

And you seem upset but if you played this game for a long time, this should come as no surprise.

Well you just proved my point when you said that ignorant statement "And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta."

A few months of competitive disadvantage in arena wasn't it part of my original argument? A few months aka 5-6 months is actually a LONG LONG time. Also by then the meta could change so having Revan will be pointless at that time.
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.

They need Revan to keep up with the other players that will have Revan. This assumes Revan will give a competitive advantage. I predict he will.

And I predict that despite whatever advantage he gives there will still be people in the Top 50 in Arena using older characters.
  • I was a small spender so far, paying 10 bucks here and there for good packs or toons, but I will stop that immediately.

No more money from me.
    If you could only imagine the power of the dark side!
  • Still chasing after Shoretrooper (61/85), Bossk (2/85), Visas (13/100), Baze (30/100) and JTR (50/330). (I don't care if some of you laugh at me)

Objectively looking at what I have now, it's possible to be ready the next time, if I want. Mods 2.0 hasn't been kind to me, so I may not even have them well Modded, even if I get them to 7*.

Bastila = 4* (61/65)
    T3-M4 = 4* (1/65)
    Jolee = 3* (5/30)
    Mission = 3* (0/30)
    Zaalbar = 3* (9/30)

^ LOL!!!!
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?

I was saying I will stay in top 3 in HSTR using the current roster that anyone can have right now. No need for every new toon.

And Traya does lost on defense to specific teams. But we all know the arena is not about offense, it’s about defense. Heck, Finn can beat Traya. Wiggs too lol. I seen a Smuggler team beat Traya lol. But since they can’t hold on defense, you don’t see them in the top. And that’s why Traya dominates 🤷🏽‍♂️💪💪

And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta. Traya will still dominate. Krakens and Whales don’t spend 100s of dollars to stay on the same level as f2p. They get the toons first...everytime...it doesn’t change lol. Also every toon in the game will become free to get at some point. You are just upset because you can’t get it the same times whales do...

And you seem upset but if you played this game for a long time, this should come as no surprise.

Well you just proved my point when you said that ignorant statement "And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta."

A few months of competitive disadvantage in arena wasn't it part of my original argument? A few months aka 5-6 months is actually a LONG LONG time. Also by then the meta could change so having Revan will be pointless at that time.

Because having Rey and CLS is pointless these days right?
  • As long as he’s (is Revan a he, I don’t even know who this character is?) not OP then I don’t care. I can wait or spend, it’s not a choice I mind.

If he’s a requirement to get #1 in arena or to win TW the EA can go...

What are you talking about. A new meta is fine. And If a few months and 1 toon puts at such a disadvantage, then that stupid fault. I know people that take 1st place with FO and Bastila

They are no longer elite level arena characters, yeah.

Arena wise it is, Rey used to be dominant in arena and raids months ago, now she's only dominant in raids and not in arena. Someone who unlocks her now and also has Palpatine, Nihilus, Traya and Sion wouldn't have a reason to use Rey in arena.
  • This will be the second exclusive character I missed out on the first time. The first was Thrawn, who I did get at 5* the first time. I knew thrawn would have a good kit but I didn’t think it would be that game changing.

This one, I’m not worried about. If I wind up getting him, awesome. If not, I’ll figure out the counter if revan is game changing. I’ll also know from all of the people getting him how much gear I’ll need. I don’t see a problem.

In fact, this might be better than when I missed thrawn since there won’t be a meta changing capital ship to go along with revan.
  • The people defending cg on this are just sad. Have you been that defeated by them? They deserve our endless stream of complaints already and this is just more hot garbage to fuel the dumpster fire.
  • I think it is fair for people who spend their money to have a potential advantage for a little while. Of course that advantage is not guaranteed. But there needs to be incentive for people to continue to spend on the game so we can all continue to enjoy the game. The studio doesn't work for free.
  • I love Star Wars, but the community can be very frustrating. I mean, imagine if EVERYONE got all of the toons the first time??! The forums would erupt and say “This is too easy! I can’t believe people are obtaining legendary toons with gear lvl 3!!! COME ON DEVS!!!”
    If we didn’t have something to strive for....what would be the point of playing? I missed CLS, Thrawn and so on, the first time. Now, I just farm everyone to 7 star, just in case! :)
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    That's what I'm doing. No need to even try for this time.
    h2ST4EZ_d.jpg?axwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    I think it is fair for people who spend their money to have a potential advantage for a little while. Of course that advantage is not guaranteed. But there needs to be incentive for people to continue to spend on the game so we can all continue to enjoy the game. The studio doesn't work for free.

Not really dude, that's not true for any other game. I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't spend unless they were guaranteed an advantage. The kind of money you'd need to spend for this aren't exactly available to most of us, the people who can afford it are people who would buy anything, even Rose Tico for example.

The only way it would make sense to say that is if it was like a matter of 50-100 bucks. Then yes people would think about spending it to gain a competitive advantage.
  • The people defending cg on this are just sad. Have you been that defeated by them? They deserve our endless stream of complaints already and this is just more hot garbage to fuel the dumpster fire.

why are you even here if that is your opinion? why even click on the app? I enjoy the game and the community. You can not expect people to get everything for free. The people working for CG are just trying to make a living doing what they love to do.
  • I’m probably going to get them the third time around. I’ll farm the other characters, but there are too many other priorities and I don’t have the attachment to Recan that others do.

Third time is the charm!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    yohann269 wrote: »
    I think it is fair for people who spend their money to have a potential advantage for a little while. Of course that advantage is not guaranteed. But there needs to be incentive for people to continue to spend on the game so we can all continue to enjoy the game. The studio doesn't work for free.

Not really dude, that's not true for any other game. I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't spend unless they were guaranteed an advantage. The kind of money you'd need to spend for this aren't exactly available to most of us, the people who can afford it are people who would buy anything, even Rose Tico for example.

The only way it would make sense to say that is if it was like a matter of 50-100 bucks. Then yes people would think about spending it to gain a competitive advantage.

there are lots of people who pick and choose what they spend their money on. There are lots of games that have the same model. if you don't know about them, it's not CG's fault

You are the one that’s sad. If you hate the game or hate the way cg does things, then quit lol. Instead of just complain. No one is forcing you play lol.
  • NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    This is the first time that an event was "exclusively" available to heavy p2p characters.

That's obnoxious for any f2p player fighting to compete with whales.

Not even moderate spenders have a chance, its going to cost $200 or more just to unlock him (asuming you have the gear)
  • I will be getting him on the third go around i will guess at as way too many toons on hard nodes

there are lots of people who pick and choose what they spend their money on. There are lots of games that have the same model. if you don't know about them, it's not CG's fault

What he’s saying is that most whales in this game aren’t spending to get an advantage. They spend well past that point, and buy things they don’t need. They buy characters they like or to build teams they find interesting. Most are going to get first in arena whether they spend or not.

If you want to draw in spenders who only spend because they feel like they have to in order to keep up then you need to keep it in their price range. They’ve outpriced a lot of people who are spending because they feel they have to. I would probably spend $50 to get Revan if I felt I had to in order to stay competitive. I’m not spending $200. I actually would want to, but I can’t consider it. They’ve made it easy to say no.
  • I'm confused - do the developers of this game work for free? I'm glad we have whales keeping it alive. I'm a large dolphin but I'm not getting Revan this go around. Let the big whales pay the developers salaries.
  • NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    This is the first time that an event was "exclusively" available to heavy p2p characters.

That's obnoxious for any f2p player fighting to compete with whales.

And what's wrong with that. They keep this game afloat and should be rewarded for it..

What he’s saying is that most whales in this game aren’t spending to get an advantage. They spend well past that point, and buy things they don’t need. They buy characters they like or to build teams they find interesting. Most are going to get first in arena whether they spend or not.

If you want to draw in spenders who only spend because they feel like they have to in order to keep up then you need to keep it in their price range. They’ve outpriced a lot of people who are spending because they feel they have to. I would probably spend $50 to get Revan if I felt I had to in order to stay competitive. I’m not spending $200. I actually would want to, but I can’t consider it. They’ve made it easy to say no.

It will be more than 200 to get Revan (depending on your current farming). 200 is easy for whales lol. Marquee toons are average of 300 lol
    Marev wrote: »
    Although I generally agree with you (I too won‘t be able to get him the first time around and that‘s okay), I think the rage is mostly aimed at other problems with this:

1. The Release date. With JTR and CLS, they required toons you long had or were telegraphed a few weeks in advance (looking at you, Veterans). So at least you had a realistic CHANCE to get them the first time around. With Revan: Not a chance in hell!

2. With several characters only available from hard node farms and droprates being what they are, there is a good chance that you won‘t be able to get him the second or even third time around. That‘s a little hatsh in my book.

So yes: I agree that complaining about not getting him the first time is pointless (to a degree). But other than that, I feel like the lashout is quite understandable. Me, I basically gave up on buying anything anymore... there is just too much to spend money on, so I just stopped altogether and accept I will be behind for the rest of the lifespan of this game :)

When you say behind, behind in what? Damage in HSTR? Arena? CM waves? Or TW defense teams? How are you behind? You can do everything with the current toons in the game.

Also, there should be no reason a person can’t get it the 2nd time around. If anyone misses it the 2nd time around, that’s their fault 100%.

*revan becomes the most op character and wipes everyone off top 100 that didn't get him the first time*
  • I'm confused - do the developers of this game work for free? I'm glad we have whales keeping it alive. I'm a large dolphin but I'm not getting Revan this go around. Let the big whales pay the developers salaries.

Moderate spenders make cg more money than whales since there are so many more of them
  • When they released all the Old Republic toons it only made sense Revan was coming and would be attached to an event with them. People should have leveled them then. I will get Revan the second or third time around.

All these padawans need to learn patience.