13Next

Replies

• Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    RawdSW wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    RawdSW wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I’m not FTP, I spend a couple hundred a month. Get about 600 crystals a day playing. Farmed them from their release on nodes. Saved 27000 crystals. Would actually by the rio off packs if it put me over the top.

But it won’t. I’d maybe barely 6 Star them by the end of the event. This is the first legendary/heroes journey I won’t get first time.

You make it this impossible for actual paying customers you are well deserving of all the rage now in this forum. It should be achievable for 3 year spenders/ decent planners like me.

But thank you CG. I am now permanently ftp. You just showed my you don’t value me as a customer, only whales. So you can do without mine from now on.

Obviously everyone can make their own decisions, but the 699 faction packs are actually cheaper than buying shards from shipments, and that's even if you get 10 shards every time (which after buying 8 of them, is not at all the case, rates are actually not bad on these). If you are going to spend, and want Revan, those faction packs are a very easy way to get there.
    Sorry bud, but you and I have a different idea of *very easy*. I'm a 3.6M GP dolphin myself, I bought whatever the original packs were and started farming KOTOR characters as soon as they become farmable. I'm still around 900 shards away from all 7*. Averaging 12 shards per pack I'd have to buy more than $300 worth of packs only. And that's not counting the gear and ignoring duplicate shards.

Nah, I'll pass this time. It really surprises me that EA/CG think that they can get more $$ this way. But I guess they have the numbers.

yeah, but you're ignoring the fact that you can still farm them for 14 days. If you get top spots in arenas, you can managed 3-6 shards a day of each with fairly little issue, so you wouldn't have to spend $300 on the packs. You could always buy 5-10 of the packs, and see where that puts you, then farm hard for 7-10 days until closer to the end of the event and see if it makes sense to buy more packs then. Again, not telling anyone what to do, but I think people who are willing to spend a little can pull this off pretty easily.

I wish it worked that way, but it really doesn't. Doing it your way, you'll likely end up with a lot of excess shards for some of the characters and get diminishing returns when trying to buy packs later on. I've run multiple scenarios already. Unless you have tons of gear stockpiled or have some inside knowledge on gear level requirements, your best approach is to:
    1. Farm normally till the event starts
    2. Figure out gear requirements
    3. Check if you have enough gear and cut your losses if you don't
    4. Buy 699 crystal packs till you have roughly 60-80 shards to go on *each* of the KOTOR characters, depending on your risk tolerance
    5. Buy $30/$15 shard packs
    6 Farm the remaining shards
    7. Enjoy your Revan assuming you didn't screw up 3. or panic farm some gear.

I understand that with almost 4.2M GP you likely have enough gear and crystals saved that 3. may not apply to you. But the rest of the fan base need to realize that there is nothing easy or cheap about getting Revan. To claim otherwise is simply irresponsible.

Fair enough. I am going in assuming the gear reqs will be similar to previous hero's journeys, where it was more about the story of the event and less about the battles. Here's hoping I'm not wrong.....
  • Without trying to defend EA:
    1. Is it good to have extra options to acquire shards for certain toons like several different packs having shards? Yes, since nobody is forced to buy, but those who want to grow faster now can buy a combo pack of the toons they want (e.g. you can go for Jedi only and not the full KOTOR if you want to build a Jedi team faster), you can actually buy a fixed 25 shards with crystals and/or get the packs for shards and risk the yield, you can go on farming for free, or use a combination of the above. Again, what you do is up to you and to your wallet.
    2. Is it bad that the packs only help you develop to gear level 5? Yes, it is bad, since below gear at least 9 the toons are of little (if any) use in events. Still, we can buy just shards without gear or go for the packs and jump to G5 and take it from there, maybe they could have added *elite packs* that have double the number of shards and the required gear to go to G8 at least at double price. Would actually make sense for panic farming events.
    3. The event will be recurrent rather than once-in-a-lifetime, so we can spend as much as we can afford to and get close enough to being able to complete it whenever next it comes. Whining about this makes less sense than whining why we cannot get Traya from at least one alternative source, or why we got a hard event like Chewy that players level 50 cannot pass on AFK. The game has to be at least somewhat challenging so we have SOME GOAL to strive to long-term, not just for tomorrow.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    FIXES
    • Raid - Darth Nihilus (raid version) will no longer copy negative stats with Annihilate. This will prevent Nihilus from copying Nightsister Zombie’s negative speed.
    I presume that if you already have a Sith Raid in progress then this fix doesn't apply. Does anyone know for sure?
  • To tell the truth, if those packs were a little less expensive then I would be sorely tempted to get the Jolee/Bastila one. $20 would have sold me. $30 I can pass. In any case, I'll be trying to get Revan on the 2nd or 3rd appearance. I have higher priorities at the moment.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Without trying to defend EA:
    1. Is it good to have extra options to acquire shards for certain toons like several different packs having shards? Yes, since nobody is forced to buy, but those who want to grow faster now can buy a combo pack of the toons they want (e.g. you can go for Jedi only and not the full KOTOR if you want to build a Jedi team faster), you can actually buy a fixed 25 shards with crystals and/or get the packs for shards and risk the yield, you can go on farming for free, or use a combination of the above. Again, what you do is up to you and to your wallet.
    You would have the exact same options if the bundles were completely separate, and more. As it is, people who farmed Bastila (which was a good idea for arena) can't buy Jolee without wasting half of the money on shard shop fodder. I can't think of any reason not to split the bundles, unless EA actually wants people to waste money for little gain.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    nottenst wrote: »
    To tell the truth, if those packs were a little less expensive then I would be sorely tempted to get the Jolee/Bastila one. $20 would have sold me. $30 I can pass. In any case, I'll be trying to get Revan on the 2nd or 3rd appearance. I have higher priorities at the moment.

Wait...the bastilla/Jolee pack is $30? **** is this? They've priced it at £30 in the UK...

• Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    To tell the truth, if those packs were a little less expensive then I would be sorely tempted to get the Jolee/Bastila one. $20 would have sold me. $30 I can pass. In any case, I'll be trying to get Revan on the 2nd or 3rd appearance. I have higher priorities at the moment.

Wait...the bastilla/Jolee pack is $30? **** is this? They've priced it at £30 in the UK...

It's $40 in Canada :(
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb or anyone, has there been any indication of the gear levels required. I couldn't find any, but admittedly haven't scoured through every post. Prior Hero's jounery could be down with g8-10 toons. Will this be the same? The gear level requirement for the Chewie Legendary was increased to g11/12, but the event annoucement came with a clear warning of "very difficult", where this annoucement did not. Any clarity you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I was so much focused on the stars requirement that I didn’t think about the gear nightmare. If it is the same style than Chewie this is will be an extra 300 euro ... nice
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    If they would give me my GET that I’m still waiting on I could buy gear. Still missing about 3000 GET here Devs. How long does that take to figure out!?
  • Reyalp wrote: »

It appears they think £1 = $1 on a lot of things these days.
  • The upcoming of Revan is too early: the Old Republic Characters were recently inserted into the game and only the people that spent a lot of money into the game can maybe get him immidiately. Having said that, I would like to know when neutral characters are going to be added Into the game, because i have noticed since quite Long Time that an advanced Research into the game is called „Neutral“ After „Light Side“ and „Dark Side“. Furthermore, i wanted to suggest the addition to the game of Padme Amidala and if possibile the stellar navy of Yoda (Similar to Ahsoka‘s one but green).
  • Gwonk wrote: »

Considering we here in the US perform by far the bulk of pharmaceutical research and development, you would think prescription drugs would be cheaper for us to fill here than internationally, but for some reason that's not the case and for decades the rest of the world has gotten away with paying a fraction of what we have to pay here. Taking into account the tens of thousands you most likely have saved over the years, I find it quite humorous you can complain about having to pay just a few more measly dollars than the US. You think that's not fair? Welcome to the club. Try spending $100s-$1000s more a year than the rest of the world on your prescription drugs. I'm confident pretty much any sane American would gladly trade you and pay a few more dollars a pack if we got the SIGNIFICANT discount on prescription drugs the rest of the world both feels entitled to and has recieved for decades. LOL.
  • ^^
    Dont have any idea how this is relevant
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    Suprah wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »

Considering we here in the US perform by far the bulk of pharmaceutical research and development, you would think prescription drugs would be cheaper for us to fill here than internationally, but for some reason that's not the case and for decades the rest of the world has gotten away with paying a fraction of what we have to pay here. Taking into account the tens of thousands you most likely have saved over the years, I find it quite humorous you can complain about having to pay just a few more measly dollars than the US. You think that's not fair? Welcome to the club. Try spending $100s-$1000s more a year than the rest of the world on your prescription drugs. I'm confident pretty much any sane American would gladly trade you and pay a few more dollars a pack if we got the SIGNIFICANT discount on prescription drugs the rest of the world both feels entitled to and has recieved for decades. LOL.

Wow, thats quite the post.
    I thought we were limiting our conversation to SWGOH since this is a SWGOH forum.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Suprah wrote: »

The United States, which leaves pricing to market competition, has higher drug prices than other countries where governments directly or indirectly control medicine costs.
    That makes it by far the most profitable market for pharmaceutical companies, leading to complaints that Americans are effectively subsidizing health systems elsewhere.
    Manufacturers say decent returns are needed to reward high-risk research and prices reflect the economic value provided by medicines. They also point to higher U.S. survival rates for diseases such as cancer and the availability of industry-backed access schemes for poorer citizens.
    In recent years, the price differential has been exacerbated by above-inflation annual increases in U.S. drug prices at a time when governments in Europe have capped costs or even pushed prices down.
  • Suprah wrote: »

That's a problem of your health care system. We (as in my country) pay taxes and insurances whether we get sick or not. As far as I know, in the USA you don't thus saving you the money unless you get sick, which is why it costs a TON once you get sick. As non-US-American citizen I never understand that notion. A society should be there to care for eachother, not saying "it's not me, thus I don't care".
    Other than that:
    I feel your complaint should be directed elsewhere, not at people playing a mobile game.
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Back to more SWGOH related topics: I posted earlier in this thread (page 2) about having poor signal and no wi-fi and being locked out of the game for 12 to 24 hours every time there was a content update. Amazing, less than a week after the last update I find myself locked out again, so I'm posting on here because I waited all day to play because I was working, (and I could have updated then off work wi-fi) and come home to a connect to wi-fi message. No collecting dailies, missing events, missing bonus energy, no opportunities to purchase anything in the stores, no opportunities to spend real $$$ . . .

I understand that hot-fixes have to happen but it would be nice for a once a month update that time releases, and releases earlier during the day (when people are away from home and more active and around free wi-fi) and not late afternoon . . . prob. useless to suggest this. Last time I mentioned it some guy rudely basically said nobody cares because players with my problem constitute less than .001% of the player base. While I am sure this is true you would care if it was you, there have to be others out there like me, please speak out and maybe the Devs will think of a way to help us that benefits us all. I really enjoy playing SWGOH and hate to be let down like this.
    Post edited by Matt_Cain_603 on
  • **** SERIOUSLY? Less than 24 hours a new update? I just got my $h!+ unlocked at work and come home to another sucker punch update? Why wasn't today's update included yesterday? Or yesterday's update incorporated into today's? Forget the money grabs and power creeps, there is something that supersedes all of this, the simple ability to play . . .
  • **** SERIOUSLY? Less than 24 hours a new update? I just got my $h!+ unlocked at work and come home to another sucker punch update? Why wasn't today's update included yesterday? Or yesterday's update incorporated into today's? Forget the money grabs and power creeps, there is something that supersedes all of this, the simple ability to play . . .

Pretty sure it’s a you problem, haven’t seen an update today at all, might want to reinstall the game tomorrow at work. Sounds like you are having issues that are unrelated to the game itself per se.

Pretty sure it’s a you problem, haven’t seen an update today at all, might want to reinstall the game tomorrow at work. Sounds like you are having issues that are unrelated to the game itself per se.

I have issues loading areas of the game. When I'm at work, its fairly quick. When I'm at home it could take a minute or two, maybe longer if a TW or TB is going on. There is an issue because it will have the loading wheel, then show the message that there is a problem with the connection, and still showing 1-2 bars of LTE. Usually when there is more lag is when it's updating or loading an PVP area, or guild tables.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    You know what you guys should do? Update arena so that it swaps you out to others around your GP every so often.

Make it like once a week.

Now that would be a good solution to the shard chats ;D
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Is just like to get my GET rewards from weeks ago lstb. Here I am sound another lstb and still no rewards. What’s the bloody holdup!!
  • Gorem wrote: »
    You know what you guys should do? Update arena so that it swaps you out to others around your GP every so often.

Lololol,. . . . . Oh wait,. You’re serious . . . . . AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAA
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Are you in a shard chat, so are you admitting you suck at games then and need to piggyback ride on people who are better at everything then you are? Welcome to the shard chat, full of people who are not earning anything and learn nothing in life.

Is how I see shard chats, And also, why They hate me in my shard as I snipe every single persons payout.
  • Gorem wrote: »

Are you in a shard chat, so are you admitting you suck at games then and need to piggyback ride on people who are better at everything then you are? Welcome to the shard chat, full of people who are not earning anything and learn nothing in life.

Is how I see shard chats, And also, why They hate me in my shard as I snipe every single persons payout.

Nope, but feel free to continue making wild assumptions and making a fool of yourself.

• Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Everyone was making fun of this and they just announced this almost exact thing in the road (distantly) ahead . . .