Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring

So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

Next challenge then ?

Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

The biggest grind of them all lol

It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.

Yup, I am 3 years into this now as well. I was grinding all kinds of stuff way back then and it didnt matter cause you needed Teebo and QGJ to try and get through phase 1 of Rancor lol.

As much as I want new it's nice to be able to just focus on grinding the BHs that just became farmable. Down time without 5 new marquees is welcomed and appreciated. It's not even communication that I want, but interaction would be nice.
  • Joker41NAM wrote: »
    Given that we're within days of the quarter's mid-point, I don't think "Road Ahead" is the appropriate name anymore. If their schedule slips by another week, it'll be the "Road Behind."

Maybe they should just call this one "The Road"?

And looking for the good guys!
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring

So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

Next challenge then ?

Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

The biggest grind of them all lol

It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.

Yup, I am 3 years into this now as well. I was grinding all kinds of stuff way back then and it didnt matter cause you needed Teebo and QGJ to try and get through phase 1 of Rancor lol.

As much as I want new it's nice to be able to just focus on grinding the BHs that just became farmable. Down time without 5 new marquees is welcomed and appreciated. It's not even communication that I want, but interaction would be nice.

Yes for sure. I’m still farming old republic. Idk if I’ll ever get to the new Bh :( maybe Sing but we ll see.

I’m waiting for the road- to see if I should go forward with an all droid all zeta team.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dev Alt accounts posting hard ITT...look we get it, it's not you..but people still mad... it's a forum to vent and give feedback... not for you to tell us we are wrong behind a Alt account. that makes em 2x mad. 3x as mad when they figure out your posting in this thread to defend yourself instead of posting in this thread offically...

Mr Furious from Mystery Men....Angger Rising...raggggge building... and the spleen

going to be some EPIC people running for congress here someday "seee yaa gotta understand...don't worry...it will be fine.."

it's november first sign of snowflakes, turkey, santa, and road ahead

EdiT am very interested in death star tease..and how epic or lame it turns out to be
  • Wow. Just wow. I had given up on the thread and popped in just to see if CG had any shred of credibility left.

Aaaaand nope! Nothing. I am gobsnacked by the complete and shameful lack of professionalism. Business 101. You make a promise to your customer you keep it. Period.

But on the bright side this moves me more firmly into never ever ever giving this 3 ring kitten show another red cent.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wow. Just wow. I had given up on the thread and popped in just to see if CG had any shred of credibility left.

Aaaaand nope! Nothing. I am gobsnacked by the complete and shameful lack of professionalism. Business 101. You make a promise to your customer you keep it. Period.

But on the bright side this moves me more firmly into never ever ever giving this 3 ring kitten show another red cent.
    They've already gave us an update. Expect the Road Ahead on Friday (or later).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow. I had given up on the thread and popped in just to see if CG had any shred of credibility left.

23to1 on friday

even on "or later"(the field)

100000 to 1 on a weekend...cause they hate overtime :)
  • Ultra wrote: »

To be fair, the update was basically "ummm...yeah, still working on it..." I'll try that with my boss tomorrow and see how professional that comes across.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just for full disclosure, they didn't say Friday.

"The tentative plan is to share it around the end of next week" (this week)

It could be tomorrow or Friday....or later.
  • The thing is, people aren't asking for actual content. Just a post with some information as to what's coming up. They already have a plan as to what's coming up in the next month or so....right? :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Just for full disclosure, they didn't say Friday.

gotcha crumb we "*understand*"
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Boss: When you gonna be done with that report?
    Me: Friday...or later
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

OMG could you see them trying that with Gibbs on NCIS
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

OMG could you see them trying that with Gibbs on NCIS

Probie slap to end all probie slaps!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The thing is, people aren't asking for actual content. Just a post with some information as to what's coming up. They already have a plan as to what's coming up in the next month or so....right? :o

Lolol I once heard Carrie had a 3 year plan and I was like wow. It got me pretty hype tbh.

Then Jango was a marquee, then Chewy came and then Revan requirements added with overtime on the weekend to fix Revan. And now silence. Needless to say the wow and hype is gone.

Spoiler Alert- I told my boss next week or later and I don’t work there anymore 🙃 don’t do it
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The thing is, people aren't asking for actual content. Just a post with some information as to what's coming up. They already have a plan as to what's coming up in the next month or so....right? :o

Lolol I once heard Carrie had a 3 year plan and I was like wow. It got me pretty hype tbh.

Then Jango was a marquee, then Chewy came and then Revan requirements added with overtime on the weekend to fix Revan. And now silence. Needless to say the wow and hype is gone.

Spoiler Alert- I told my boss next week or later and I don’t work there anymore 🙃 don’t do it

Tru Dat
  • We ve hit 1k comments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Where are you road aheaaaaad

Soon.....maybe...
  • We ve hit 1k comments.

I don’t know whether we should throw a party or have a funeral.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Soon.....maybe...

Hopefully
  • We ve hit 1k comments.

2ze9ncl.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Soon.....maybe...

Hopefully

Nope false alert.
  • Wow... still nothing
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wow... still nothing

[Maybe] this Friday!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    7qyrdxyxnvoi.jpg
  • When the road ahead does release, I am curious if it will provide CG with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
  • SeanutB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wow... still nothing

[Maybe] this Friday!

Or we’re thinking about calling a meeting to ponder the possibility of a conference call dedicated to assessing the potential need for a meeting to ascertain if it is prudent to ask middle management to submit a TPS report on the relative benefits of a gathering to discuss the potential impact of considering giving permission to forum staff to issue a sentence about the potential for a future communication about some aspect of the game we may or may not be implementing at an undisclosed date but subject to change. We may or may not call that the road ahead.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    We ve hit 1k comments.

Wake?
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    That's ^ the tentative plan...we will share it around the end of next week, subject to change while Carrie finalizes some final details.
    And I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday. And if you could come in on Sunday too just so that we can make sure we can get it out around then, subject to change, depending on finalizing some of the very final details so that it will probably, definitely be final by around then, that'd be great ok?
    CG_SBCrumb
    November 2 in Dev Announcements and News
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

The tentative plan is to share it around the end of next week but as with all things, subject to change while Carrie finalizes some final details.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Just for full disclosure, they didn't say Friday.

Its better to not get people's hopes up on a daily basis because it will just make them more anxious as the waiting grows longer. Honestly, Crumb gave himself some cushion by saying it might be next week(s) instead of this week, and the forums will simply riot. I really hope they don't underestimate everyone's patience. The majority is seeing the announcement as "by this friday". Most don't care about the "or later" part, and It just shows they don't care about the community enough to escalate this situation and make it a priority, just abandoned everyone after making money on Revan.

The very next thing he said that it should be up by friday is that it might be delayed. Its not reassuring to immediately follow up your statement with an excuse. It shows no confidence that we'll get it by friday and like everyone said, its just unprofessional.

Its like what Nikoms said, even if its not ready, maybe some morsels of what to expect would be nice if there are delays,
    1. "Don't worry everyone! We are still set on the road ahead post to be released this week but not today!" No need to provide any hints to what is coming but if they cannot deliver this week and they know this a few days beforehand:

2. "Hey there everyone! We've hit a snag and would not be able to do a road ahead blog this week but once its up we'll be needing a lot training droids to make sure we don't delay the next one!" a hint that a level increase is coming without being super vague instead of staying silent Friday night and having us being frustrated over the weekend
  • Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.
This discussion has been closed.