Road ahead ?

Replies

  • Options
    Where is it :( it’s no longer the weekend
    I AM the High Ground
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Hello @CG_SBCrumb my old friend, I come to talk to you again.

    I am kind stubborn so I insist.

    I imagine the Revan event was kind of overwhelming for the team and I understand.

    But know we need some update on road ahead please.

    Thank you in advance.

    Merci.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Well crumb is probably on his way to work... pounding some pumpkin spice coffee, rollin down the windows volume maxxed jamming to Kenny ROdgers “On the road ahead
    I just can't wait to get on the road ahead
    The life I love is not makin' forum posts with my friends
    And I can't wait to get on the road ahead......
    On the road ahead
    Goin' to posts that I've never been
    Seein' things from Carrie I’ll repost again
    And I can't wait to NOT post on the road Ahead”

    Seems legit

    Dude.... That's a Willie Nelson tune.... Don't be dissin' Willie
  • Options
    @cg_sbcrumb so where is this road ahead? We just waiting for Q1 of 2019 now instead?
  • Options
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    tanki60o wrote: »
    Where is it :( it’s no longer the weekend

    You never know, California does things differently than most, could still be the weekend there... :smiley:
  • Monel
    2787 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    And Carrie said they will try to get it out the first two weeks of the quarter... it’s the 3rd week but there is no promise that it’ll be the first two weeks... it’s more of a target.

    Missing your own imposed deadline....bad. Not explaining why you missed it and providing updates about when it will come out....worse. Where are the standards? This is a business right??

    Carrie said they had like a 2-3 year plan mapped out 3 paragraphs cant be thhhaaaaat hard to come out unless they just stalling as long as possible to kick off next panic farm.

    To be honest they prob have had it written up months ago



    If i hit mega millions my collection score will be 100.0 then i will buy controlling share of CG and order release of road ahead !!!!! Then release hondo and porkins

    no they didn't. they actually need to collect current information on where all the "mapped projects" are across the teams working on them to know what will be ready. then that information needs to be approved and reviewed.

    a road map on projects of this scale are never as clear as anyone would like. Plan all you want, things will always seem to go sideways at one point or another.


    But Carrie did say that she had years planned out. I believe it was in a GC interview, you know, they ones they don’t do anymore. Regardless, they are late and in business that’s a bad thing. Poor or no communication is even worse.

    she also said, it gets fuzzy as you move out, and thats due to those factors that make things go sideways. also to make sure they have the most up to date information about where projects are they probably wait until as long as they can to make sure things will or will not happen, in the timeframe of 3 months.

    She said it like 4 months ago.....couldn’t have gotten that fuzzy so quickly. If it has, GG help us all. Still no excuse for very poor communication on it.

    Not sure why everyone thinks road map means they know 100% what will be done. it means they have a plan, but that doesn't mean they can predict with 100% accuracy what will be done and exactly when.

    Agreed, they might have plans to have had spider legs maul with Solo characters but then Mickey steps in and says no. CG has to then change their direction. Or perhaps the original plan was to Jedi Luke come into game this month, but then a new cartoon starts up. Mickey then orders marketing support to help promote. Jedi Luke gets pushed back, new cartoon characters come to the game. Who knows?

    Point being they answer to the mouse, and the mouse rules all!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    tanki60o wrote: »
    Where is it :( it’s no longer the weekend

    You never know, California does things differently than most, could still be the weekend there... :smiley:

    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. - Mark Twain
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I think they normally draw straws to see who will type up the road ahead.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I think they normally draw straws to see who will type up the road ahead.

    Straws are illegal there my friend...

    Stilling singing Wheres my road ahead...never gonna get my road ahead....still waiting on my road ahead....yup kenny Rogers will be stuck in my head for weeks
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I think they normally draw straws to see who will type up the road ahead.

    Straws are illegal there bro

    Exactly why its not been done yet. ;)
  • Options
    Hello? CG?
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Ah so they went to Nevada for straws and were detained smuggling contraband. Seems reasonable.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb please react man.

    I am always nice and positive but I find you silence disturbing.

    FYI your message below from October 12.

    Please stick to your words or you will loose all credibility.

    Thank you.

    rcvclwwpqn99.jpeg
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno bro

    Do you know if they read this thread ?
    Because the silence is almost disrespectful towards the community.

    I understand the communication is never easy but ... what is going on ?
  • Options
    They have to be seeing all this and they know we want the road ahead. The delay is making me think one of two things. Either its super good and they have just been waiting a little for the hype of Revan to die down (in which case they should have communicated this earlier) or it's severely lacking in ideas or content (in which case they still should have told us by now in my opinion)

    In the end this is a game, its for fun, so I don't see why we can't be in the loop either way...
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I think they normally draw straws to see who will type up the road ahead.

    Straws are illegal there my friend...

    Stilling singing Wheres my road ahead...never gonna get my road ahead....still waiting on my road ahead....yup kenny Rogers will be stuck in my head for weeks
    Laughed hard
    Hodor
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Germi wrote: »
    @Kyno bro

    Do you know if they read this thread ?
    Because the silence is almost disrespectful towards the community.

    I understand the communication is never easy but ... what is going on ?

    They have stated this in the past and I'm not trying to defend their actions, but sometimes there is nothing to say, and I know the community (or at least some of us) want them to just come in and say, "things and stuff" but that's not always possible, and also something they have kinda said may not happen. This type of communication is not always met with the attention some thinks it should.

    It is not done out of disrespect and there is no reason to think that. (Could you imagine how they think of the community if they judged us all on some of the messages sent to them?) Communication coming out takes time, and approvals, even some of the more simple ones. Cant say, it's on it's way, if it may be delayed again, and things like that.

    I pinged crumb once today but have not had a chance to touch base yet.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see it “soon”. Mega threads been dead for days. Theres 20 revan threads that all end up being ftp vs ptp. We crave something fresh to discuss.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    @Kyno bro

    Do you know if they read this thread ?
    Because the silence is almost disrespectful towards the community.

    I understand the communication is never easy but ... what is going on ?

    They have stated this in the past and I'm not trying to defend their actions, but sometimes there is nothing to say, and I know the community (or at least some of us) want them to just come in and say, "things and stuff" but that's not always possible, and also something they have kinda said may not happen. This type of communication is not always met with the attention some thinks it should.

    It is not done out of disrespect and there is no reason to think that. (Could you imagine how they think of the community if they judged us all on some of the messages sent to them?) Communication coming out takes time, and approvals, even some of the more simple ones. Cant say, it's on it's way, if it may be delayed again, and things like that.

    I pinged crumb once today but have not had a chance to touch base yet.

    Thank you @Kyno I really appreciate your response.
  • Options
    I’ve been extremely positive in this game. I’ve been playing for almost 3 years, still don’t have JTR, among many other things, but I’ve never complained, and I’ve always defended the game against some p2p complainers.

    But this is just disappointing to say the least. I was fine with Revan, but I really just want the road ahead. Please? 😄
    I AM the High Ground
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    We should start taking bets on when it’s gonna drop. I say this Thursday. (Hopefully today though)

    Still can’t believe the silence about this. Carrie basically already confirmed a GG rework, so just announce it already!!
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We should start taking bets on when it’s gonna drop. I say this Thursday. (Hopefully today though)

    Still can’t believe the silence about this. Carrie basically already confirmed a GG rework, so just announce it already!!

    Where did she mentionned GG rework ?
  • Options
    Either today or tomorrow Battlefront II will post all the information on General Grievous, as it’s a week before he comes to that game.

    So I think they will post it either today or tomorrow at there same time they post the battlefront stuff.
    Or a week from today/tomorrow when General Grievous will AVTUALLY come to BF2
    I AM the High Ground
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We should start taking bets on when it’s gonna drop. I say this Thursday. (Hopefully today though)

    Still can’t believe the silence about this. Carrie basically already confirmed a GG rework, so just announce it already!!

    Where did she mentionned GG rework ?

    On Twitter. Saw it on the CUP show with 101 and CFH. I don’t use Twitter, nor do I want too.
  • Options
    It will eventually no longer be the road ahead and become the road behind.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We should start taking bets on when it’s gonna drop. I say this Thursday. (Hopefully today though)

    Still can’t believe the silence about this. Carrie basically already confirmed a GG rework, so just announce it already!!

    Where did she mentionned GG rework ?

    On Twitter. Saw it on the CUP show with 101 and CFH. I don’t use Twitter, nor do I want too.

    Ah ok cheers man ... hopefully I have just finished him to G11
  • Options
    I’m surprised everyone is so surprised about the road ahead. I imagine we’ll get notice of new and exciting things that will require money or saved resources. Got to wait until Revam event (the big bad new thing) is over before introducing new big bad new things coming down the road

    I wouldn’t have bought the iPhone X a year ago if the new model was coming out for the same price a month later. That’s what this is. Need to finish selling one before announcing what is essentially the replacement.

    We’ll see something Friday, I imagine.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Edison wrote: »
    I’m surprised everyone is so surprised about the road ahead. I imagine we’ll get notice of new and exciting things that will require money or saved resources. Got to wait until Revam event (the big bad new thing) is over before introducing new big bad new things coming down the road

    I wouldn’t have bought the iPhone X a year ago if the new model was coming out for the same price a month later. That’s what this is. Need to finish selling one before announcing what is essentially the replacement.

    We’ll see something Friday, I imagine.

    Well, I’m surprised that your surprised about us being surprised. I would like to be surprised with a road head as promised. If it’s something money related, that’s fine, I’ll choose to pay or not to pay. Revan was WAY to steep, but something like JTR was just right.
  • Options
    At this point it will just be "the month ahead" if we're lucky lol. Really disappointed with the team at CG.. If things are happening and they are falling behind I totally get it, but just give us an update! Is that really that hard?
This discussion has been closed.