Road ahead ?

Replies

• 23 days into the quarter, 69 days left of the quarter. 25% of the way into the quarter and no road ahead.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I see only one solution to appease the community : Jedi Luke Skywalker

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie please !

My hoth gang is ready !

Love.
  • I think it’s great that people are so invested and interested in this game, that they are excited about what the devs will announce.

My guess is on Friday. After Revan because you either got him or don’t at that time. And it’s a perfect segway into what is coming next. (Who to farm, theorize and speculate)

Can we share Carrie’s twitter pic here?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Soooo.....nothing today huh.

The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.
  • There is no road ahead, Cuz where we are going . . . . . We don’t need roads. . . . .

(Couldn’t resist ;) )
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.

Well, the last ones weren’t late, so.....I guess precedent is out the Windu.

Wait...a....minute....
  • Road ahead, yes please
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Prior precident is a bridge long burned here.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    TaviRus wrote: »
    23 days into the quarter, 69 days left of the quarter. 25% of the way into the quarter and no road ahead.

Still think it's Crumbs I'll give you an update on the update last week and never did....and then the Road ahead will drop and nothing to see here on communication side...

I mean everything Kyno has said in this thread is legit and I'm trying to be fair...but it's the principal if you say your going to give an update give an update...."Sorry guys last minute changes MIGHT be another week" Hate posting stops...well from me...

HSTR update removed 90 percent of any negativity I had... Hounds Tooth is 9 percent and communication is 1 %...

I'm actually almost happy :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    23 days into the quarter, 69 days left of the quarter. 25% of the way into the quarter and no road ahead.

Still think it's Crumbs I'll give you an update on the update last week and never did....and then the Road ahead will drop and nothing to see here on communication side...

it's the principal if you say your going to give an update give an update...."Sorry guys last minute changes MIGHT be another week" Hate posting stops...well from me...

This ^ 1000%. At this point we are getting into simply being professional...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

it's the principal if you say your going to give an update give an update...."Sorry guys last minute changes MIGHT be another week" Hate posting stops...well from me...

This ^ 1000%. At this point we are getting into simply being professional...
    Yeah.

For a community manager he really doesn't interact or communicate with the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored

iozf6xmbe08o.png

but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well crumb is probably on his way to work... pounding some pumpkin spice coffee, rollin down the windows volume maxxed jamming to Kenny ROdgers “On the road ahead
    I just can't wait to get on the road ahead
    The life I love is not makin' forum posts with my friends
    And I can't wait to get on the road ahead......
    On the road ahead
    Goin' to posts that I've never been
    Seein' things from Carrie I’ll repost again
    And I can't wait to NOT post on the road Ahead”

Seems legit

Made me laugh but wrong....Willie Nelson not Kenny Rogers. You’re thinking of the Gamber
    l5b0qf964noe.jpeg
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

iozf6xmbe08o.png

but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.

Where is it said it will be worth the wait?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

iozf6xmbe08o.png

Where is it said it will be worth the wait?

If you decoded "The Road Ahead..." post you would get:
    "THEROADAHEADISCOMINGSOXONTHEWAITWILXLBEWORTHITBITLYNAVERIDEI

(The Road Ahead is coming so/on. The wait wil/l be worth it. bit.ly/naveridei)"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

iozf6xmbe08o.png

I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.
  • Kyno wrote: »

iozf6xmbe08o.png

I've noticed that some of the comments get buried in the threads, and it gets difficult to keep up with the official posts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

iozf6xmbe08o.png

I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.

I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

iozf6xmbe08o.png

I've noticed that some of the comments get buried in the threads, and it gets difficult to keep up with the official posts.

You can click on the "SWGOH DEV TEAM" banner and it will jump you to the next post by a dev member. Works from outside the thread and inside the thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

iozf6xmbe08o.png

Thats my complaint.

Rampant speculation on jedi revan gear requirements. They reply in a thread its gear 9. But it gets burried and even the game changers miss it and are still cutting video with not knowing.

How would you fix that. Make an official thread/post and pin it to the top of the forum.

I dont need constant interaction, i just need the interaction to be quality
  • Germi
    553 posts Member

iozf6xmbe08o.png

I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.

@Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

This is where the misunderstanding is coming from IMO
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Germi wrote: »

iozf6xmbe08o.png

Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.
  • My entire guild chat has been silent the past couple days. Usually we’re very sociable - everyone is getting seriously bored of the repetition. Realising the road ahead could really spark some excitement for the next few months but right now this is not fun and it’s not fair to be left in the dark this long.
  • Like @Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as @CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Germi wrote: »

iozf6xmbe08o.png

Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.

@Kyno he didn’t say he was hoping, he said : « I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week »

This is not the same as hopefully convey the sense that he expects not hope for.

We need to stay factual.

Also to be fair with this thread and the participants, I don’t see any hate here just incomprehension
This discussion has been closed.