Road ahead ?

Replies

  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    They also never said it will be worth the wait.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    They also never said it will be worth the wait.

    They said it in the teaser.
    When you de cypher the thing it say that the Road Ahead is coming soon and will be worth the wait.

    In this one there is no blame only excitement ;-)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Soooo.....nothing today huh.

    The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.

    Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored

    iozf6xmbe08o.png

    but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

    I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

    They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.

    I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

    But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

    An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

    Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

    I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.

    I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

    They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

    We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

    IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

    Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.

    Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

    You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

    This is where the misunderstanding is coming from IMO

    Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.

    Kyno he didn’t say he was hoping, he said : « I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week »

    This is not the same as hopefully convey the sense that he expects not hope for.

    We need to stay factual.

    Also to be fair with this thread and the participants, I don’t see any hate here just incomprehension

    Him saying he will hopefully have an update is not a promise and still falls into the same thing I was saying.

    I never said there was any hate.
  • From a corporate communications perspective (and from the problems that arose when a member of the CG staff said some things that were not approved [I don't have specifics, just vague recollection to go on here]), it is most definitely feasible and even highly likely that any member of the CG staff has to get approval for any form of communication on these forums. If an employee slips and says something that the corporate entity did not want released, or mis-speaks, that could very well lead to termination. Having worked in a corporate environment with a very strict corporate communications policy, I completely understand and agree with it. We may not like the fact that we aren't hearing anything, but it's not that they are 'maliciously' ignoring the forums. They have channels and procedures that they have to go through for things to be posted. We have to respect that.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Soooo.....nothing today huh.

    The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.

    Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored

    iozf6xmbe08o.png

    but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

    I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

    They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.

    I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

    But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

    An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

    Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

    I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.

    I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

    They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

    We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

    IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

    Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.

    Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

    You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

    This is where the misunderstanding is coming from IMO

    Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.

    Kyno he didn’t say he was hoping, he said : « I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week »

    This is not the same as hopefully convey the sense that he expects not hope for.

    We need to stay factual.

    Also to be fair with this thread and the participants, I don’t see any hate here just incomprehension

    Him saying he will hopefully have an update is not a promise and still falls into the same thing I was saying.

    I never said there was any hate.

    8gn3mumnhvnz.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Soooo.....nothing today huh.

    The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.

    Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored

    iozf6xmbe08o.png

    but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

    I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

    They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.

    I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

    But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

    An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

    Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

    I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.

    I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

    They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

    We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

    IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

    Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.

    Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

    You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

    This is where the misunderstanding is coming from IMO

    Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.

    Kyno he didn’t say he was hoping, he said : « I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week »

    This is not the same as hopefully convey the sense that he expects not hope for.

    We need to stay factual.

    Also to be fair with this thread and the participants, I don’t see any hate here just incomprehension

    Him saying he will hopefully have an update is not a promise and still falls into the same thing I was saying.

    I never said there was any hate.

    8gn3mumnhvnz.jpeg

    There is a reason I use " ".

    This is not the only post about communication and the road ahead
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Soooo.....nothing today huh.

    The last two road shards were released on a Thursday. I’m thinking this thursday we’ll get it.

    Except we were saying that last week...it all comes back to 90% of these posts not being here if they dropped in and said something once in a while...Like I said above...."sorry guys last minute changes might be another week or two sorry for delay" Ya prob still get a few standard hate posts but I think majority of forum would be more accepting if they just did that Especially if they are posting elsewhere in cheating threads on reddit or here...ya don't feel so ignored

    iozf6xmbe08o.png

    but he did say this the week before last and that does nothing to stop the "hate".

    I get it the expectation is that they will be here to say, 'nope not yet' but thats not always going to be the case. No matter how much "updating" they give us they will catch flack for it. They can't always say real things and the "its coming" doesn't seem to do anything. as you can see above, they tried that and here we are.

    They are working on it, and things are coming. Last we were told its going to be worth the wait.

    I agree that they will catch flack no matter what they do, (I throw some, some justifiable, some not so much((working on it)), it’s the nature of this type of business. However, I do not think that silence if the best approach here. As I said before, a simple “we ran into some issues and have to push this to the right now, here’s 100 crystals for ya!” 100 crystals is nothing to them and would buy some goodwill in the short term. Is it going to please everyone, no, but it’s way better then radio silence.

    But here is the thing, they are not silent. As you can see there they posted. We also had the road ahead tease saying it was worth the wait.

    An imposed frequency of "it's ok " by us doesnt make for a need for them to send out crystals. Also that would get them nothing but a precedent that people would expect at every turn.

    Again they did post and the issue now is people want them to post again, basically saying the same thing. While it would be nice its not necessary and is the primary reason they have "goals" and are vague and dont promise exact timelines, because things happen and it's hard to pin things down, can't always update when you dont know what the update should say.

    I'm not saying all of this wouldn't be nice, but there is always a give and take.

    I don’t see a precedent of giving away something when they don’t deliver on something they promised as a bad thing. There’s an easy solution, don’t promise something you can’t hold yourself too. If you do promise something and don’t deliver on time, then , in business, giving something for free is usually the best course of action. I was at chick fil a the other day and my order too too long to come out. Chick fil a promises prompt and quality service, and when they didn’t live up to that, they gave me a coupon for a free sandwich. I didn’t say anything to them about being late, they offered it. Same thing here. We are due a road ahead, it’s late. But instead of something free and an update, we get 12 days of silence. That’s bad business IMHO.

    They didnt promise it, they have a goal to deliver it in the first 2 weeks, and they didnt make that. They also communicated that it was going to be late.

    We need to be realistic here, giving away gems for this just opens the door to asking for gems for anything that doesn't happen right when they think it will. If we want them to communicate things, we cant always jump on them to compensate if things dont go to the letter. This is also why they use vague terms, because they can never satisfy everyone so one group or another will always be asking for compensation if they set this precedent.

    IMO, coming here for 12 days after saying it was going to be late, to say it's late doesn't seem like good business either.

    Dont worry too much, after this much tension building I'm pretty sure any Road Ahead will be commented on as being lack luster and not worth the wait. Cant please everyone.

    Kyno all you say makes perfect sense however Crumb on the 12/10 responded by saying he will have an update on the road Ahead the next week (last week) but never did it ... this is what is problematic to me.

    You can’t say I will give you an update next week and then stay completely silent. It is not even the road Ahead itself we are talking about ... just an update.

    This is where the misunderstanding is coming from IMO

    Yes, I quoted it earlier and he said he was "hoping to have....". While rebelians are built on hope, that is not a promise, I'm not saying he shouldnt come here and say sorry folks we are still waiting, but it's not always that simple. He is waiting on people who are waiting on people and he may not even know if it's coming this week or going to be delayed again. It's hard to make a statement when you dont know what to say.

    Kyno he didn’t say he was hoping, he said : « I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week »

    This is not the same as hopefully convey the sense that he expects not hope for.

    We need to stay factual.

    Also to be fair with this thread and the participants, I don’t see any hate here just incomprehension

    Him saying he will hopefully have an update is not a promise and still falls into the same thing I was saying.

    I never said there was any hate.

    8gn3mumnhvnz.jpeg

    There is a reason I use " ".

    This is not the only post about communication and the road ahead

    What did you mean then ?
    Frustration ?
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    @Kyno but I mean that is cool what you are doing for the community. I am not trying to blame you at all. Sorry if it sounded like it.
    Love bro.
  • It’d pretty obvious what kyno meant. Just look through the toxic posts on the forum... they’re not hard to find.. kind of hard to miss.

    Devs were being interviewed by Ahnoldt 6ish Months ago & Ahnoldt asked for a Grievous rework date. Devs mentioned they hate giving out dates or time frames because when they are delayed or pushed back for whatever reason the community gets upset. So they tend to give hints of what’s coming without a solid timeframe until it can be solidified.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    It’d pretty obvious what kyno meant. Just look through the toxic posts on the forum... they’re not hard to find.. kind of hard to miss.

    Devs were being interviewed by Ahnoldt 6ish Months ago & Ahnoldt asked for a Grievous rework date. Devs mentioned they hate giving out dates or time frames because when they are delayed or pushed back for whatever reason the community gets upset. So they tend to give hints of what’s coming without a solid timeframe until it can be solidified.

    No I get it and you are right.
    I was just mentioning that I kind of appreciate the tone of this specific thread where we are just trying to communicate and understand the situation.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    bmtxxtsioo9t.jpeg

    But since we’re speculating... I would bet Grievous rework on the 30th after maintenance. I think it’s a safe bet. He’ll probably be released with a new toon such as droideka that makes him shine.

    Also, there should be another announcement (previous road ahead referenced Ships 2.0, new Ships table, Mod management,). There could potentially be a new game mode... TB battle update, simmable hpit... who knows... I’m hoping for something top secret that nobody is even expecting.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Strubz wrote: »
    Like @Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as @CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

    I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
    Its fine if Crumb says something like he can’t post the road ahead due to higher ups

    My issue is that he keeps us in the dark with a lot of false promises while being the community manager

    Now, we have capgasp in comparison who is the event designer, and he has

    1. Told us he will look into an issue and provide a follow-up the next day (then gave us the update the following day)
    2. Told us that he is unable to post something due to higher ups
    3. Unable to divulge information on a question being asked because he needs approval before he can and if given will reply back
    4. At least posts once in a week in all sorts of threads (answering questions or enjoying the fun people are having)

    Granted, he’s mostly limited to reddit and I don’t like reddit or post there BUT he feels like a member of the community, follows up, keeps us updated regarding the status of events / games or informs us that he is unable to disclose

    And then you have crumb who took 7 months to reply to STR feedback thread and is always missing after bringing attention to himself

    I’m not trying to bash Crumb here, but we aren’t stupid. We all know when the road ahead is coming (After Revan event ends) and have a great guess what’s it about. If you don’t intend to tell us yet just say so. If you can’t give us a date just say you aren’t allowed to say when.

    Actions speak louder than words. One member of the staff clearly cares enough to let the community know what’s what while the other doesn’t
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Like @Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as @CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

    I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
    Its fine if Crumb says something like he can’t post the road ahead due to higher ups

    My issue is that he keeps us in the dark with a lot of false promises while being the community manager

    Now, we have capgasp in comparison who is the event designer, and he has

    1. Told us he will look into an issue and provide a follow-up the next day (then gave us the update the following day)
    2. Told us that he is unable to post something due to higher ups
    3. Unable to divulge information on a question being asked because he needs approval before he can and if given will reply back
    4. At least posts once in a week in all sorts of threads (answering questions or enjoying the fun people are having)

    Granted, he’s mostly limited to reddit and I don’t like reddit or post there BUT he feels like a member of the community, follows up, keeps us updated regarding the status of events / games or informs us that he is unable to disclose

    And then you have crumb who took 7 months to reply to STR feedback thread and is always missing after bringing attention to himself

    I’m not trying to bash Crumb here, but we aren’t stupid. We all know when the road ahead is coming (After Revan event ends) and have a great guess what’s it about. If you don’t intend to tell us yet just say so. If you can’t give us a date just say you aren’t allowed to say when.

    Actions speak louder than words. One member of the staff clearly cares enough to let the community know what’s what while the other doesn’t

    To be fair, the break down is that Capgasp is talking about things he is working on (or his team). Crumb doesnt work on 90% of the stuff he posts and doesnt have direct knowledge about it. He is relying on others getting him this information.

    There is a difference.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Like @Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as @CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

    I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
    Its fine if Crumb says something like he can’t post the road ahead due to higher ups

    My issue is that he keeps us in the dark with a lot of false promises while being the community manager

    Now, we have capgasp in comparison who is the event designer, and he has

    1. Told us he will look into an issue and provide a follow-up the next day (then gave us the update the following day)
    2. Told us that he is unable to post something due to higher ups
    3. Unable to divulge information on a question being asked because he needs approval before he can and if given will reply back
    4. At least posts once in a week in all sorts of threads (answering questions or enjoying the fun people are having)

    Granted, he’s mostly limited to reddit and I don’t like reddit or post there BUT he feels like a member of the community, follows up, keeps us updated regarding the status of events / games or informs us that he is unable to disclose

    And then you have crumb who took 7 months to reply to STR feedback thread and is always missing after bringing attention to himself

    I’m not trying to bash Crumb here, but we aren’t stupid. We all know when the road ahead is coming (After Revan event ends) and have a great guess what’s it about. If you don’t intend to tell us yet just say so. If you can’t give us a date just say you aren’t allowed to say when.

    Actions speak louder than words. One member of the staff clearly cares enough to let the community know what’s what while the other doesn’t

    To be fair, the break down is that Capgasp is talking about things he is working on (or his team). Crumb doesnt work on 90% of the stuff he posts and doesnt have direct knowledge about it. He is relying on others getting him this information.

    There is a difference.

    Well there is something wrong in how CG is structured then. Because been the community manager, Crumb should be in charge of communicating these info no Capgasp who should be focusing on his event. It kind of undermines both position at the end.
    The développer develops and the community manager communicates.
    This is a bit weird especially after we are beeing told that there many actors involved in validating any communication going out.

    I am really trying to understand but I feel (fear) there is no logic in all this
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    And now the server are down lol !
    I shouldn’t lough though. I imagine the panic in Sacramento.
    Good luck girls and boys !
  • Maybe they’ll dish out some compensation today and give us a road ahead. One can only wish. (I’m Mostly just bumping this thread back up)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Like Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

    I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
    Its fine if Crumb says something like he can’t post the road ahead due to higher ups

    My issue is that he keeps us in the dark with a lot of false promises while being the community manager

    Now, we have capgasp in comparison who is the event designer, and he has

    1. Told us he will look into an issue and provide a follow-up the next day (then gave us the update the following day)
    2. Told us that he is unable to post something due to higher ups
    3. Unable to divulge information on a question being asked because he needs approval before he can and if given will reply back
    4. At least posts once in a week in all sorts of threads (answering questions or enjoying the fun people are having)

    Granted, he’s mostly limited to reddit and I don’t like reddit or post there BUT he feels like a member of the community, follows up, keeps us updated regarding the status of events / games or informs us that he is unable to disclose

    And then you have crumb who took 7 months to reply to STR feedback thread and is always missing after bringing attention to himself

    I’m not trying to bash Crumb here, but we aren’t stupid. We all know when the road ahead is coming (After Revan event ends) and have a great guess what’s it about. If you don’t intend to tell us yet just say so. If you can’t give us a date just say you aren’t allowed to say when.

    Actions speak louder than words. One member of the staff clearly cares enough to let the community know what’s what while the other doesn’t

    To be fair, the break down is that Capgasp is talking about things he is working on (or his team). Crumb doesnt work on 90% of the stuff he posts and doesnt have direct knowledge about it. He is relying on others getting him this information.

    There is a difference.

    Well there is something wrong in how CG is structured then. Because been the community manager, Crumb should be in charge of communicating these info no Capgasp who should be focusing on his event. It kind of undermines both position at the end.
    The développer develops and the community manager communicates.
    This is a bit weird especially after we are beeing told that there many actors involved in validating any communication going out.

    I am really trying to understand but I feel (fear) there is no logic in all this

    I would disagree with that, I think all the local developers should have access to some way to output and respond to the community the way Cap does and Crumb should keep doing what hes doing and develop more of the hype/future/regular communications. Crumb will always have a more rigid structure because he has to pull the I formation from other sources. The ones that dont should have more freedom to respond the way Capgasp does.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its either today or tomorrow...

    I think you were off by a day or two lol :p
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its either today or tomorrow...

    I think you were off by a day or two lol :p

    The great thing about his comment is that it always reads as today or tomorrow, which means he will never be wrong. Ah the beauty of the awesome word tomorrow, it's a fictional word. Now if he put a date on it, then he could have been wrong.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    Like Kyno said, it's not like one person at CG decides whether or not to post or delay the road ahead. I'm sure some of us imagine some hooded figure sitting in a large chair petting a cat as CG_SBCrumb approaches the chair whimpering "May we please post the road ahead today?" and then the hooded figure cackles maniacally "No Road Ahead! Activate the RNG Misfortunator 9000 instead! Let the fools suffer!"

    I mean now that I say it, I can kind of picture it and wish I was good at Photoshop to create that image but realistically, I'm sure they are fine tuning details and I would expect the Road Ahead on a Thursday or Tuesday sometime this month.
    Its fine if Crumb says something like he can’t post the road ahead due to higher ups

    My issue is that he keeps us in the dark with a lot of false promises while being the community manager

    Now, we have capgasp in comparison who is the event designer, and he has

    1. Told us he will look into an issue and provide a follow-up the next day (then gave us the update the following day)
    2. Told us that he is unable to post something due to higher ups
    3. Unable to divulge information on a question being asked because he needs approval before he can and if given will reply back
    4. At least posts once in a week in all sorts of threads (answering questions or enjoying the fun people are having)

    Granted, he’s mostly limited to reddit and I don’t like reddit or post there BUT he feels like a member of the community, follows up, keeps us updated regarding the status of events / games or informs us that he is unable to disclose

    And then you have crumb who took 7 months to reply to STR feedback thread and is always missing after bringing attention to himself

    I’m not trying to bash Crumb here, but we aren’t stupid. We all know when the road ahead is coming (After Revan event ends) and have a great guess what’s it about. If you don’t intend to tell us yet just say so. If you can’t give us a date just say you aren’t allowed to say when.

    Actions speak louder than words. One member of the staff clearly cares enough to let the community know what’s what while the other doesn’t

    To be fair, the break down is that Capgasp is talking about things he is working on (or his team). Crumb doesnt work on 90% of the stuff he posts and doesnt have direct knowledge about it. He is relying on others getting him this information.

    There is a difference.

    Well there is something wrong in how CG is structured then. Because been the community manager, Crumb should be in charge of communicating these info no Capgasp who should be focusing on his event. It kind of undermines both position at the end.
    The développer develops and the community manager communicates.
    This is a bit weird especially after we are beeing told that there many actors involved in validating any communication going out.

    I am really trying to understand but I feel (fear) there is no logic in all this

    I would disagree with that, I think all the local developers should have access to some way to output and respond to the community the way Cap does and Crumb should keep doing what hes doing and develop more of the hype/future/regular communications. Crumb will always have a more rigid structure because he has to pull the I formation from other sources. The ones that dont should have more freedom to respond the way Capgasp does.

    I agree with your disagreement, mostly.
    Cap is really great. Being greedy I would love for more developers to talk here too. Just because of my interest in the game I would love to know more.
    Like the making Revan was really cool.

    I think the puzzles are a hit but would really love more correspondence with Crumb too.
  • Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.
  • Madpup wrote: »
    Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.

    Yes...ridiculous
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Madpup wrote: »
    Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.

    Yes...ridiculous

    not quite. they stated they would aim for the first 2 weeks of the quarter. so they are 1.5 weeks late, but we have told already it was going to be late. so again, they are communicating, just not as much as some would like.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    Shouldnt this have been out at the begining of October. Didn't they lay out how often we we're supposed to get this during the spring during their whole commitment to better "communication" campaign? The road ahead being a week late is one thing... Over three weeks late without any clue when its coming is getting to be rediculous.

    Yes...ridiculous

    not quite. they stated they would aim for the first 2 weeks of the quarter. so they are 1.5 weeks late, but we have told already it was going to be late. so again, they are communicating, just not as much as some would like.

    I vote for @Kyno as community manager! Always polite and very informative, exactly what the position should be.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We were told there would be better communication.
    The precedence has been set that the road ahead comes in the first couple weeks of the quarter.
    After 2 weeks has come and gone we then get a msg that we would get at least an update the next week.
    The next week has come and gone with 0 comments.
    You can justify it all you like. We are all aware of how things are going.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I just appreciate his thread bumps
  • I think that some big corporate Star Wars bass (the power behind the throne) has made the decision that SWGOH will get no Grievous until Battlefront unleashed their Grievous... so CG’s Road ahead has a big Road block from the powers that be...

    This is Just my opinion. But I’m right about this.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    We were told there would be better communication.
    The precedence has been set that the road ahead comes in the first couple weeks of the quarter.
    After 2 weeks has come and gone we then get a msg that we would get at least an update the next week.
    The next week has come and gone with 0 comments.
    You can justify it all you like. We are all aware of how things are going.

    My favorite is the calendar is usually set in stone months out. Then they post how they are trying to nail a few things down before they type the road ahead. Design might be behind, but we know that a buggy product has never hampered release especially since the new producer came on board.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I think that some big corporate Star Wars bass (the power behind the throne) has made the decision that SWGOH will get no Grievous until Battlefront unleashed their Grievous... so CG’s Road ahead has a big Road block from the powers that be...

    This is Just my opinion. But I’m right about this.

    I agree they are under EA thumb but they dont need to mention specific characters name. They could just state “some great character reworks”.
This discussion has been closed.