Latest updates to SWGoH

Usually people are happy about new updates to a game and mostly enjoy them.

3ailkv8gm67c.png

However if even the update announcement channel gets closed down, just maybe try to understand the community, if they do not appreciate all of your wise economical decisions. Maybe some things do not work - i am thinking here about the try to completely nerf NS in hsr p4. Instead of fixing Traya and the HSR in general you try to drive over most part of the players who paid for all of this. Same is now with Revan - many people heavily invested into Revan but they spend 1000 xtals instead of 3000 they need per day. And yes most of those xtals got bought. Maybe understand that with a very high cadence of characters even the simple credits income is way too low and to buy those additionally to the shards becomes ridiculous expensive. Many people would spend 100 dollars...but 500 - for each of two up to three events this one month? I am not sure...

How do others think about this one week cadence of three legendary/heroes journey events this month (chewbacca, jtr, revan)?

Replies

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Maybe forum members shouldn't break the forum guidelines when expression their feelings about the revan reliease, then the thread wouldn't have had to be closed temporarily.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Maybe forum members shouldn't break the forum guidelines when expression their feelings about the revan reliease, then the thread wouldn't have had to be closed temporarily.

Oh god !
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

There are steps to prevent that. Like, for example, not making players this angry in the first place. This kind of reaction sure wasn't that hard to predict...
  • In the end you can put everything under censorship...every post you simply do not like. Thats difficult line. And it doesnt change the main fact i am talking about - that many customers are not happy (paying). This month happened already another fully new legendary event just two weeks ago. In the whole summer basically absolutely nothing happened. I bought Visas at start and she is broken as no tomorrow and never got fixed. She is a pure p1 character and certainly doesnt work outside of it well. I got dissapointed of all her bugs not being fixed...and now people farm for a character which not even got introduced. No information, just farm farm farm for big $...it feels not like fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

There are steps to prevent that. Like, for example, not making players this angry in the first place. This kind of reaction sure wasn't that hard to predict...

That is literally impossible. Every update, even the QoL, there is people upset about something.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2018

That's not even close to the truth. Regardless of how "bad" or "good" any major change to the game was, the forum was outraged. Hard to predict? No. impossible to prevent? Yes.
    It's not that hard to follow the forum guidelines even if you don't agree with how ea/cg runs their game. But hey, it's the internet, so yea..
  • Kyno wrote: »

That is literally impossible. Every update, even the QoL, there is people upset about something.

Sure, but this is the wrost one yet. Even some spenders wont make it.

Well I think it is important to bear in mind that we are in a very specific situation.
    A heroes journey with a non existing toon is a first if I am not mistaken ? Kind of going against the concept in a way ...
    The anger and frustration should therefore not be a surprise and indeed could have been avoided.

There is no way around the truth and pure rethoric doesn’t help imho.

Yes some people are upset. However some doesn't mean 700+ replies to your post within 12 hours. Thats more than just "some".

The fun fact is in all - we dont even know right now about what to be upset. Revan as character did not at all got revealed. Just the packs for money got introduced to 5 old republic characters. So you buy a cat in the bag.

Maybe its lack of communication? Everyone understands very well you are a company as whole.
  • Whoa. That says something that the thread in the OP got closed.

Hell hath no furry like a nerd scorned i guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes some people are upset. However some doesn't mean 700+ replies to your post within 12 hours. Thats more than just "some".

The fun fact is in all - we dont even know right now about what to be upset. Revan as character did not at all got revealed. Just the packs for money got introduced to 5 old republic characters. So you buy a cat in the bag.

Maybe its lack of communication? Everyone understands very well you are a company as whole.

The forum is a subset of the community. There are also many people who will not come here and "brag" that they will get the toon with "ease" ($). I'm not saying alot of people are not upset, but you cant use that set of people to represent everyone.

• Germi wrote: »

Well I think it is important to bear in mind that we are in a very specific situation.
    A heroes journey with a non existing toon is a first if I am not mistaken ? Kind of going against the concept in a way ...
    The anger and frustration should therefore not be a surprise and indeed could have been avoided.

Except it's not a hero's journey..... We all knew he was coming, and we knew there was no existing version of Revan to upgrade.....

They released five toons with the "old Republic" faction tag, expedited them to nodes, gave us cheap refreshes and increased sims per refresh.....

Amy me who says they didn't see this coming is fooling themselves.... Or.never spends any time on the forums.....
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    In the end you can put everything under censorship...every post you simply do not like. Thats difficult line. And it doesnt change the main fact i am talking about - that many customers are not happy (paying). This month happened already another fully new legendary event just two weeks ago. In the whole summer basically absolutely nothing happened. I bought Visas at start and she is broken as no tomorrow and never got fixed. She is a pure p1 character and certainly doesnt work outside of it well. I got dissapointed of all her bugs not being fixed...and now people farm for a character which not even got introduced. No information, just farm farm farm for big $...it feels not like fun.

That’s why Reddit gets more CG developer attention. They can censor these forums but they cannot censor reddit. So if you go to Reddit players rage with this money grab can’t just be deleted/dismissed. Really that’s why Reddit is a better forum....

CG controls/censors this forum... CG however is at the mercy of Reddit. Very different relationship.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »

Except it's not a hero's journey..... We all knew he was coming, and we knew there was no existing version of Revan to upgrade.....

They released five toons with the "old Republic" faction tag, expedited them to nodes, gave us cheap refreshes and increased sims per refresh.....

Amy me who says they didn't see this coming is fooling themselves.... Or.never spends any time on the forums.....

I have been playing this game for almost 3 years and I was expecting a legendary as a heroes journey was, according to previous iterations ... a journey ... you start somewhere and you finish somewhere else ... you change. I was expecting a heroes journey for Darth Revan (or the inverse because I am not knowledgable about KOTOR) after a LS Revan legendary. Then it would have made sense. From the light to the darkness ... this would have been a journey.

I don’t think we would be in the same awkward situation if Revan was released as legendary. The problem here is clearly the huge pay wall for the toon not even accessible for me Dolphin.
    XKurareX wrote: »

The forum is a subset of the community. There are also many people who will not come here and "brag" that they will get the toon with "ease" ($). I'm not saying alot of people are not upset, but you cant use that set of people to represent everyone.

My words clearly stated "not just some" this does not mean "everyone"

everyone
    Pronoun
    Every person
  • I think it's indicative of player enthusiasm that has so many responding so quickly to the megathread... unfortunately most of that response is negative towards CG/EA in what is and appropriately being labeled a cash grab.

I can't blame a company for wanting to make a profit. It's how they make their income and keep their lights on which is fair. I myself am a F2P and will *never* invest money into a game on my phone that I use to mostly mess around with at work. My money is better spent on mortgage, items that are tangible, and paying for vacations/cruises.
    Some choose to spend money here, and that is of course their choice.

I think maybe one of the big problems is CG/EA loves shooting themselves in the foot.

It's stated they are listening to the community, but it's a constant 1 step forward/3 steps backwards.

1 Step Forward: Tease and release of information for Revan. (While I'm not a fan of the tease, I much prefer a straight up announcement) A lot of the community were engaged in the tease and solving the puzzle. I actually think that helps create a more sociable environment for the community and promotes teamwork of a sort. It feels good when each member is helping the others out to learn a 'secret'.

3 Steps backward: Timing. Timing... timing. The timing is completely off the rails for most f2p, and even some of the players whom do invest money into the game.

For such a desired character by the community, the timing has ensured a rather small percentage of said community can unlock the character. Especially since it's a 7 star unlock (lets face it, most want Revan because they loved KOTOR, but also some feel Revan might be a key to restoring balance back to hSTR - For the underpowered guilds)

What's also curious is while this is a clear cash grab, CG/EA also shoots itself in the foot two fold on this front:

1) the packs are over priced for what it offers, (I think more players would spend if the cost of packs were more reasonably priced)but maybe even more confusing,
    2) a player can only buy one pack and then it disappears.

Huh??? So if I was a spender, I'm still limited to one purchase? How does that make fiscal sense?

Now there could be governing factors about purchase limits I am unaware of, so fine. It just seems strange.

But I've come to expect this in my almost 2 years of playing. I'm not even close to Revan and might even have trouble second time around which stinks. I would much rather CG/EA come out and state that, no matter what, their interest is in making a profit for their bottom line first, and then making a competitive and fun game.

At least I'd respect a modicum of honesty over a carefully crafted and PC line read to try to hide the true intentions.

I broke the forum guidelines by using capital letters and by writing a famous SW movie quote.... you can see how easy it is.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I think maybe one of the big problems is CG/EA loves shooting themselves in the foot.

This is what it all boils down to, but it remains to be seen whether or not they actually did shoot themselves in the foot. There have been mass outrage, mass "not spending a dime on this game anymore" and mass exodus before, but the game is still going strong.
    It's obviously also unknown if they would have made even more money if they followed a different (pricing) strategy, but the game, atleast to date, has been an undeniable success from both ea/cg's and the player's perspective. Again, that doesn't necessarily mean they did everything right.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Impossible to eliminate completely, yes. But this time, it's worse than usual, for obvious reasons.

Never understood why people think that being abusive in their comments, swearing or breaking other rules will lend anything to their arguments. You'll get an angry mob agreeing, but there's nothing to act on. And the comment absolutely will not be taken seriously.

Polite, data driven, factual arguments do get heard, contrary to the angry mob opinion. Maybe not acted on, but unless CG is different than every other game I've played, they do listen to reasonable comments.
  • Well these admins get paid to remove post that hurts their clients name. CG knows the outrage is real but they never have nor will now care. The best we can do to band together against the empire, formerly known as CG, is to come together and NOT buy these packs and everyone, even whales boycott their packs. If we hit them in their wallet by refusing to be brood sows for their paywall then we the community can have a chance.

Rebellions are built on hope. Take action. Do not buy the packs.