GW-TEAM.

In your opinion, what's the best overall GW team and 2nd team . Need some advice.

Replies

• Dcmone1
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lumi, jc (occasionally subbed with daka when you gotta retreat - jc gets targeted more than anyone else I find!) sid (L), GS and 86 personally

They usually take me all the way to 8th+ battle. Then I sub in phasma/88 for 86 if I need a boost and use Poe for expose and taunt whenever I get a bit stuck.

Bare in mind that I'm lvl 70, all top 5 (except jc) 7* max gear and max abilities. GS or 86's specials take out max Dooku 99% of the time. Not missed a GW completion for over 2 weeks

Oh, I would say barris but I personally don't need her GW expertise. Her heal equalisation would make life easier
    Dc - RoF
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    I won't touch the "best team" however I'll share my current team. Barriss lead, Sid, Lumi, GS, QGJ. Biggest upgrade for myself was GS a few months ago and Barriss farmable.
  • I run Barriss (L), Lumi, JC, Sid, and Kylo. Level 70 as well, I typically finish with all of them alive and only having to use one or two suicide squads. I used to have Phamsa instead of Barriss but having 3 healers and the health boost from Barriss just makes it so much easier.
  • Wow I would love to finish that many GW 's, and I hate dooku . I have QGJ lead 7* JC 7* LUMI 6* KIT 6* AHSOKA 6* all have almost max gear and 5-7 abilities. Cannot get past 10th node . I've got daka, dooku, sid, and a host of others . I'm almost ready to 7* the rest of my main team . Thanks for the reply .
  • Do you put in a suicide squad to waste the opponent's abilities?
    Dc - RoF
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Yes I absolutely do that but they waste them so fast it's remarkable
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    I also like to run QGJ as lead for speed and because I get to strike first .
  • Dcmone1
    62 posts Member
    What level are you? I always thought levels didn't make much difference so I capped all my guys at 60ish for ages. I was really struggling with GW at that point so just decide to max my top 5 - since then I've had no major problems.
    I find that as @Anraeth said, GS has been the biggest help. Swap him in for Ashako and you'll be able to take out 2 guys before the other side has a go:

Qgj (L) -speed boost puts him first to use harmonious assault = that means one down (or pretty much)

GS - has 149 speed at max level/gear/stars. Pretty fast! He'll go generally before heir SId too, unless you're super unlucky and they gave you maxed Sid to go against. Swarm also pretty much guarantees a second takedown

I'd also maybe recommend Sid in place of Kit. Although I've never used him (ftp), sid's health regen, aoe and healing immunity and really helpful for GW

Good luck :)
    Dc - RoF
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Wow that's great , I shall try those changes and post the outcome , thanks so much .
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Oh and sorry lvl 70
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Also is there any way around sids dodges they are Ridiculous
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Two approachs:

Slow and steady, with Barris or Lumi lead, 3 healers and tough or self healing characters. Things like Barris-L, Lumi, JC, Fives and Sid, or Lumi-L, JC, Daka, Ventress and Ashoka, etc

Threat Removal, with low cooldown, fast speed, big damage on demand, and a couple of healers. Things like QGJ-L, Lumi, JC, Geo and Rey, or even Sid, Dooku, Geo, Daka and Lumi
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Great advice THANKYOU.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I personally run Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, and Daka. Stuns, counters, healing. It's a slower grind, but I've come to find GW is my favorite part of the game.

Towards the end I'll run my droid squad (HK, 86, 88, Poggle and Poe) for one or two battles when I need to leave myself a clean-up job to reset healing abilities for the final fights.

Throw in a few suicide squads to waste some abilities and I've won 9 out of my last 10 after having never won a single one.
  • Jpoom105
    167 posts Member
    I've been running teebo L, barris, JC, RG and Rey. The team works pretty well my last GW JC died about halfway through but I just replaced him with lumi and finished with everyone at full health.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Haha, today was one of those days for me in arena and GW. Every other attack I made in both places was dodged miraculously. So I started GW with my usual team of Lumi lead fives and JC with Sid and Dooku. Dooku was having a tough day I benched him for Poggle. JC on stage 5 no matter what wanted a rest ... I gave up after two suicide squads and went in JC still died I just said forget it and went on replaced JC with chewy ... Chewy didn't like breathing so I put Dooku back in.... Finished on to the 10 spot... Ran into a brick wall and I used phasma Kylo assajj Dooku and Talia killed three of the whales and went back with Lumi lead fives Sid Poggle and GS. 11 GS dies but I finish easily.... Then low do I remember I lost two suicide squads plus Dooku and Kylo.... Hmmm and phasma is banged up I don't even have my complete arena team left as the challenge was so stiff the final battle Lumi fives Sid Poggle and resistance trooper get the go. Resistance trooper fell quick only 3* and level 50. Poggle buffed fives and Lumi take out their Sid and my Sid finished off their Lumi ... Then their Rey demolished my Lumi, luckily I burst my heal before then their kit fisto and QGJ turn when the dust settles Poggle is gone fives and Sid take down QGJ then my Sid finished off fisto... Then to my disbelief... Rey ruins my fives and its full health Sid versus half health Rey... I think great won't be finishing this GW. My Sid still had poggles buff scores a vicious critical hit and Rey is dead... Somehow all the rotten luck I had been having turned around. Finished GW...

Moral of the story... There is no best team, just make the best of what you have if you don't have three healers to roll with haha.
  • My main team is:

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    JC
    Sid
    Dooku

I can run through most nodes with this team but will sub Dooku with either Phasma or Kylo depending on who I'm facing or if Dooku dies. I'll also through in a Suicide Squad if needed.

Don't really have a B team. Maybe:

Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Vader
    Ventress
    Greedo

But I use those toons as subs where I see fit.
  • I'm gonna try that main team , thanks
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    my team, which finishes each GW without retreats and substitutions:
    Bariss (leader), Lumi, Daka, Dooku, and Ventress. I also had success with Ventress (leader), Daka, Dooku, Lumi, and Talia.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I shall try that team as well , what lvls are they .
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    I shall try that team as well , what lvls are they .
    Mine are all 7*, except Talia and Bariss, who are 5*, though in max gear and max skills.

Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • JC, QGJ, are 7* and max . LUMI, AHSOKA and KIT ARE 6* and are all ready to promote but I'm building the credits now . Dooku , Daka and Ventress are 6* and I'm gonna work on them next . Thanks for the info , appreciate it .
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Teams at 7*