U-Wing > Cargo Ship Than Phantom

SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited October 2018
If the Phantom is basically an escape pod with a hyperdrive that holds 4 people comfortably, and the U-Wing is a troop transport/shuttle that can hold about 10, than the U-Wing should be considered a cargo ship for the Contraband Event.

Just sayin, bro..

Replies

• I think the two in game U-Wings probably wouldn't be considered Cargo Ships because they weren't known to really have been used to smuggle any actual cargo like the Phoenix team were known to do from time to time. If Saw Gerrera's U-Wing (piloted by Edrio Two-Tubes) makes it into the game, however, it definitely could and should be classified as a Cargo Ship.
  • If you don’t consider a platoon of troops cargo then that’s fine
  • If you don’t consider a platoon of troops cargo then that’s fine

No cause they aren't Contraband
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • The Empire would beg to differ.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The Empire would beg to differ.

But we aren't using the empires point of view cause Rebels are LS toons
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    OP's arguing that the U-wings should be considered cargo ships. I agree.

It's contraband because if the Empire intercepted them and found a Platoon of soldiers, or spies, etc, do you think they'd wave them on?

Do we care if the Rebels think the cargo on the Phantom or Ghost are contraband or not? In the event you're being pursued by the Empire. Pretty self explanatory.

Straight from Star Wars wiki:

"Early in the rebellion, their U-wings were deployed in several fashions, including as troop transport, gunship, and medevac lifter. Several of the ships also acted as cargo transports between the Telaris system and other locations."
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    OP's arguing that the U-wings should be considered cargo ships. I agree.

It's contraband because if the Empire intercepted them and found a Platoon of soldiers, or spies, etc, do you think they'd wave them on?

Do we care if the Rebels think the cargo on the Phantom or Ghost are contraband or not? In the event you're being pursued by the Empire. Pretty self explanatory.

Would you consider a LAAT transport a smuggling ship because it contains troops the Seperatist consider contraband? The issue is you are adding a story to a mission that doesn't need it, do you care that the smugglers run doesn't include the PS even thought they also stole from the Empire? The issue is the the smugglers ships were meant to smuggle goods not troops, sure the troops could be contraband but that's not their main purpose.
  • Not all cargo is contraband
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Riffinator wrote: »

Would you consider a LAAT transport a smuggling ship because it contains troops the Seperatist consider contraband? The issue is you are adding a story to a mission that doesn't need it, do you care that the smugglers run doesn't include the PS even thought they also stole from the Empire? The issue is the the smugglers ships were meant to smuggle goods not troops, sure the troops could be contraband but that's not their main purpose.

The Separatists didn't have rule over the galaxy like the Empire did. Hence why the Rebels are called Rebels, they rebel against the law (The Empire).

The LAAT is a republic ship used by the actual governing body of half the galaxy (The Republic), so not a smuggling ship.

I would like to see the Imperial Cargo ship Bodhi piloted to Scarif. THAT would definitely be a cargo ship.

I do think it's weird that the Phantom is a cargo ship. It's actually a Separatists command shuttle or something they stole, but I don't know what cargo they actually carried on it.