Mission Vao drop rate different?

Saw this interesting article (https://gaming-fans.com/2018/10/swgoh-corporate-myopia-darkens-revan/) and they mentioned T3-M4 had a drop rate higher than 30% while Mission Vao’s was a little lower than 33%. Usually I chaulk this up to RNG, but seeing the same rate on my farms makes me wonder if they tweaked the rates for these two.

Replies

• Doubtful. But you should keep in mind while you're farming, that drop rates are universal. So if you go 5/8 on a hard node, and 1/10 on a cantina node, that's 6/18 and is 33%. They should all balance out over the long term, though.
  • I'd love to see his data, but I highly doubt the drop rates are different. Your rate of shard accumulation is different though - since T3 requires only 12 energy per sim vs 16 for Mission - you can do 4 sims for T3 for the same cost as 3 sims for Mission.

Because of this, Mission shards are going to drop less frequently on a "daily basis", albeit not from a "% of sims" basis.
  • I've been tracking Vet Chewy since I activated at 25 and thus far I'm 43/120 (35.8%). Just earlier today I ran 6/8 on a refresh but then 2/7 on the next.

It'll average out to about 33%.

0hya9f0ezo6f.png
  • It happens. I've had 0/7 or 0/8 a few times already in my VetC farm. You're just noticing it because it confirms your theory that the drop rate is lowered.