Honest Jedi Luke requirements

Prev13
CapnJack81
100 posts Member
edited October 2018
I'm curious who else could possibly be needed, that would also make sense, story wise.

I get the argument that people believe he is so iconic they're holding him back. I dont agree with the argument but I understand their points.

But I know I have the general speculated characters, all at 7*, including chewie, and they're all g11/12. I've even started finishing Ewoks off on the off chance C3 is also added to the lineup, even tho that Ewok storyline is actually ESB anyway.

*edit* I had the movies wrong. I mean Ewoks dont appear until ROTJ, and the assumed next HJ would follow ESB, which theyre not in. My apologies.

So I'm curious how waiting, giving everyone time to have everyone needed, is ever gonna make money... unless I'm forgetting a character of cours.

Now let the Revan fan boys/girls flame me for not caring about his event
Post edited by CapnJack81 on

Replies

• Lmao since they released the requirements and date, no one cares about his event.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    After seeing what they did with Revan i wont be surprised if they Release 5 Marquees toons on a same day and Release Jedi Luke Next day Requiring all 5 along with Chewie..
  • Seriously. Strategy is dead.
  • Looking at the CLS and JTR hero's journey events, here are my best guesses for the requirements whenever they decide to add Jedi Luke:
    • CLS (duh, it wouldn't be a hero's journey without the hero)
    • ROLO (most current Leia iteration unless they add a new one)
    • RHan/Cholo (undecided which one, both seem likely)
    • Chewie (makes sense, especially with RHan)
    • Hoda (extremely important in Luke's journey)
  • Mano wrote: »
    After seeing what they did with Revan i wont be surprised if they Release 5 Marquees toons on a same day and Release Jedi Luke Next day Requiring all 5 along with Chewie..

Most likely this. 4 brand new toons+chewie at g12 with 6* mods.
  • SinisterSandman
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    R5-D4
    R2-D2
    C3PO
    Old Ben
    Biggs Darklighter
    Wedge Antilles
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Jek Tono Porkins

Millennium Falcon (IV-VI)
    Wedge Antilles' X-Wing
    Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing
    Jek Tono Porkin's X-Wing

Stormtrooper Han
    Stormtrooper Luke
    Princess Leia
    Rebel Pilot Luke Skywalker
    Captain Han Solo
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Hoth Luke Skywalker
    Hermit Yoda
    Lando Calrissian
    Chewbacca (C3PO Backpack)
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Bounty Hunter Leia Organa
    Han Solo (Blind)

Home One

Ewok God C3PO
    Chief Chirpa
    Wicket
    Logray
    Teebo
    Paploo
    Nicki
    Endor Leia Organa
    Darth Vader

And probably loads more that I overlooked.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    R5-D4
    R2-D2
    C3PO
    Old Ben
    Biggs Darklighter
    Wedge Antilles
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Jek Tono Porkins

Millennium Falcon (IV-VI)
    Wedge Antilles' X-Wing
    Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing
    Jek Tono Porkin's X-Wing

Stormtrooper Han
    Stormtrooper Luke
    Princess Leia
    Rebel Pilot Luke Skywalker
    Captain Han Solo
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Hoth Luke Skywalker
    Hermit Yoda
    Lando Calrissian
    Chewbacca (C3PO Backpack)
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Bounty Hunter Leia Organa
    Han Solo (Blind)

Home One

Ewok God C3PO
    Chief Chirpa
    Wicket
    Logray
    Teebo
    Paploo
    Nicki
    Endor Leia Organa
    Darth Vader

And probably loads more that I overlooked.

I agree with all excluding the Ewoks since *cough* already mentioned theyre from ESB. And i guess i should honestly clarify in my op that i mean new characters from ROTJ, seeing as how previous heros journeys have been one movie specific.

Almost all mentioned i have at 7* and g10 or are simply not from the ROTJ film. So, again, new that would require the wait.

All those mentioned, save C3, will continue to have longer and longer for players to get ready having already been in the game OR having been needed or CLS.
  • I predict that Jedi Luke Skywalker will either come as reward shards in the next new raid OR a new Territory Battles table.

Otherwise it will be in the form of a new game mode, for which I am very ready for either case scenario
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I secretly hope he will come to balance the Revan outrage. We have the toons from ESB already in game : CLS / Hoda / CHS / ROLO / Chewie or R2
  • Germi wrote: »
    I secretly hope he will come to balance the Revan outrage. We have the toons from ESB already in game : CLS / Hoda / CHS / ROLO / Chewie or R2

Will definitely need the new chewy if they roll that way. Not everyone was able to 7* the first time.
  • An honest answer:

Prior to Revan‘s Hero Journey (I still have doubt about the event type, saying it is a legendary) I‘d have said:
    Hermit Yoda, R2-D2, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia and Chewie (as Han is still in carbonite) maybe even Lando instead of Chewie.

With the way Revan‘s event seemingly is set up, you can expect nothing, not even Commander Luke.
    They could decide that we‘ll need Jabba, C-3P0, the Sarlacc, Bib Fortuna, Endor Leia, Endor Han, ...
    Well, pretty much anything goes, if Revan‘s Event is indeed a Hero‘s Journey it created a new precedent.
  • I'd whale for the Sarlacc. Just sayin'.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Honest Jedi Luke is coming...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CapnJack81 wrote: »
    I'm curious who else could possibly be needed, that would also make sense, story wise.

I get the argument that people believe he is so iconic they're holding him back. I dont agree with the argument but I understand their points.

But I know I have the general speculated characters, all at 7*, including chewie, and they're all g11/12. I've even started finishing Ewoks off on the off chance C3 is also added to the lineup, even tho that Ewok storyline is actually ESB anyway.

So I'm curious how waiting, giving everyone time to have everyone needed, is ever gonna make money... unless I'm forgetting a character of cours.

Now let the Revan fan boys/girls flame me for not caring about his event

All toons at 7* G12.
  • I agree Jedi luke won't be coming anytime soon, but of looking for who would unlock him if it happened i. A heros journey.

Start with - P1/P2 CLS/Cpt Han, P3/P4 then Hoda/CLS/R2, P5/P6 then Lando, C3(or lobot), OT chewie, Rolo and OT Han, final is CLS vs. Vader(spoiler bye bye hand)

Issue with that is there are no new toons in that combo to panic farm(except possible C3), but it would be a tough unlock as you need a lot to get him, put gear lvl req high would make it tough.
  • Cossin wrote: »
    An honest answer:

Prior to Revan‘s Hero Journey (I still have doubt about the event type, saying it is a legendary) I‘d have said:
    Hermit Yoda, R2-D2, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia and Chewie (as Han is still in carbonite) maybe even Lando instead of Chewie.

With the way Revan‘s event seemingly is set up, you can expect nothing, not even Commander Luke.
    They could decide that we‘ll need Jabba, C-3P0, the Sarlacc, Bib Fortuna, Endor Leia, Endor Han, ...
    Well, pretty much anything goes, if Revan‘s Event is indeed a Hero‘s Journey it created a new precedent.

I believe Thrawn was released in a very similar fashion, the Phoenix crew was released just prior to him being available, only, you could unlock him at 5*.
    Still, I'm not surprised by the way Revan has been made available, he's in such high demand, we'd all jump through any hoop to get him, and that's exactly what most folk are doing.
    I find it all quite comical 😁
  • I could see it being:

Raid Han -- most everyone has him, but he's iconic and a raid character.

R2D2 -- not super easy to get, legendary character.

Hermit Yoda -- Territory Battle farm, not easy to get.

Chewie - Hard to get legendary, need BH.

Darth Vader? Maybe? He teamed with Jedi Luke at the end.

All the Leia's are pretty easy to get, so I wonder if they'll add another. Bounty Hunter Disguise Leia? Slave Leia added to the game? Lol. But anyway, pretty sure that some of the above will be required.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    I agree Jedi luke won't be coming anytime soon, but of looking for who would unlock him if it happened i. A heros journey.

Start with - P1/P2 CLS/Cpt Han, P3/P4 then Hoda/CLS/R2, P5/P6 then Lando, C3(or lobot), OT chewie, Rolo and OT Han, final is CLS vs. Vader(spoiler bye bye hand)

Issue with that is there are no new toons in that combo to panic farm(except possible C3), but it would be a tough unlock as you need a lot to get him, put gear lvl req high would make it tough.

As all these toons are already in game so do you think they wait to make sure everybody has them and go all in on gear to make money ?

No I think it is now or never for the ESB heroes journey.

The real paywall will be for ROTJ heroes journey.
  • So is nobody gonna object to the statement that ewoks were in ESB and not ROTJ?
    Now it's been awhile since watching them all... but as I recall ESB starts on Hoth and ends with Han in carbonite and Luke getting his hand replaced.

Ewoks are in ROTJ when they gotta drop shield to destroy DS II
  • Daishi wrote: »
    So is nobody gonna object to the statement that ewoks were in ESB and not ROTJ?
    Now it's been awhile since watching them all... but as I recall ESB starts on Hoth and ends with Han in carbonite and Luke getting his hand replaced.

Ewoks are in ROTJ when they gotta drop shield to destroy DS II

You're right, my bad. I got the movies out of order. It was late lol. I was trying to say the ewoks werent until the last movie if the original triology, ep6, and the next HJ would be ep5, assuming it follows exact.
  • OT Millennium Falcon...which will be released a few weeks before the event for Jedi Luke.

The falcon will require five 7 star Bounty Hunter ships with the 5th one being released 2 weeks before the falcon event.

• thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Let's peer into the future together. Break out the scrying orb!

I see... fear, anger, distrust... Return of the Marquee overload...

We have Cloud City Han, Cloud City Leia. Swamp Yoda amongst others.

Let's follow this trail... They're released to their F2P nodes. They all get a hard node in either the ds/ls compaign. I'm seeing Swamp Yoda on LS 7D, CC Han on LS 7B. CC Leia on DS 8C. All three have fleet nodes... 3C, 5B and 5F. Simultaneously, we will be allowed to do 8 hard node attempts per refresh and and the refresh cost will be halved!

A few weeks pass by, there's an announcement! Jedi Luke is finally coming!

You'll require

CLS
    OG Chewbacca
    CC Han
    CC Leia
    Swamp Yoda

7* or bust. Event in one and a half weeks. Minimum gear requirement expected to complete tier 7: gear 11.5 and fully omegad. CLS will only be used on Tier 1.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    thatguy181 wrote: »

Let's follow this trail... They're released to their F2P nodes. They all get a hard node in either the ds/ls compaign. I'm seeing Swamp Yoda on LS 7D, CC Han on LS 7B. CC Leia on DS 8C. All three have fleet nodes... 3C, 5B and 5F. Simultaneously, we will be allowed to do 8 hard node attempts per refresh and and the refresh cost will be halved!

You'll require

CLS
    OG Chewbacca
    CC Han
    CC Leia
    Swamp Yoda

7* or bust. Event in one and a half weeks. Minimum gear requirement expected to complete tier 7: gear 11.5 and fully omegad. CLS will only be used on Tier 1.

This is what I expect too but CLS will also be required in T7 against Vader because of the hand !
    thatguy181 wrote: »

You'll require

CLS
    OG Chewbacca
    CC Han
    CC Leia
    Swamp Yoda

This is what I expect too but CLS will also be required in T7 against Vader because of the hand !

Fair enough. :)
  • I actually assumed that Ewoks would be relevant as Luke only truly reached the pinnacle of his journey when he resisted the Emperor and Vader turned. Hence Vader being relevant too, as this would create a CLS/Vader vs. Palp tier.

Wouldn't Cloud City Toons just be the basic versions? Raid Han, Princess Leia?
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I actually assumed that Ewoks would be relevant as Luke only truly reached the pinnacle of his journey when he resisted the Emperor and Vader turned. Hence Vader being relevant too, as this would create a CLS/Vader vs. Palp tier.

Wouldn't Cloud City Toons just be the basic versions? Raid Han, Princess Leia?

Based on CLS and RJT it seems that the next logical step is a ROTJ Luke (CLS beeing the ESB one). We could then assume that Ewoks and all the ROTJ toons (including CPO and Endor Guys) would be needed for an old Luke for instance (the guy drinking weird milk) who would them be required for a Jedi Rey.
  • Quigonlives
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Forget Jedi Luke. Jake Skywalker is where it’s at. He will have one unique ability and that’s it. He will have a three stack of foresight then he will drop dead.

You will need JTR, R2-D2, and Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca to unlock. I’d call that a bargain
  • You will need every character out at 7* and G12. Plus the new characters they drop one week before the event at 7* and G12. Get ready!!!!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    I agree Jedi luke won't be coming anytime soon, but of looking for who would unlock him if it happened i. A heros journey.

As all these toons are already in game so do you think they wait to make sure everybody has them and go all in on gear to make money ?

No I think it is now or never for the ESB heroes journey.

The real paywall will be for ROTJ heroes journey.

If it was those toons then yup gear is the way to make $$, unless C3PO is added and requires panic farm toons.
    But if you needed G12 basically for all toons, issue is several of the toons are all special event, so it's creating a super special event as you'll need 2 Legends, one Hero, one TB/galactic bounty, a couple cantina and a raid.

I feel there is no hurry to bring Jedi Luke, but true when he does likely see a rotj toon a few months after but itll be years for that release cadence to rum its cycle.